Who does A&M go after?

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
How about a Citadel alumnus?
I Hope Please GIF

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
They gotta get a national championship winning coach. Don’t settle for anything less. Got to 1-up the Tea Sips here.
This is why they most likely have to get a current P5 head coach in part to say "we can pull another school's head coach just like the Longhorns".

My thoughts would be either O'Sullivan at Florida or Corbin at Vanderbilt. I don't know pulling one of the ACC guys would be a big enough splash for the Aggie fanbase.

Last edited:

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
they have the money to go after anyone they want if they want too and probably get him if they offer the right amount of money. I don't know just how serious they are. Texas is probably the only school SEC who could challenge them when it comes to money. Unreal how much money those two schools have. I am kind of guessing since their coach left they probably don't really care all that much.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
This is why they most likely have to get a current P5 head coach in part to say "we can pull another school's head coach just like the Aggies".

My thoughts would be either O'Sullivan at Florida or Corbin at Vanderbilt. I don't know pulling one of the ACC guys would be a big enough splash for the Aggie fanbase.
One of Carolina guys or Virginia but he's been there forever.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
One of Carolina guys or Virginia but he's been there forever.
I'm thinking they try to keep it a Texas thing and go after Tadlock or Heefner first.

ETA: I just hope they don't go after Mitch Canham at Oregon State because that's who I would go after next year which should be a "host or toast" decision on Lemonis.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I'm thinking they try to keep it a Texas thing and go after Tadlock or Heefner first.

ETA: I just hope they don't go after Mitch Canham at Oregon State because that's who I would go after next year which should be a "host or toast" decision on Lemonis.
Yah Oregon state coach should be an immediate hire this off season. Not sure what their conference looks like for baseball going forward. I would want to be in the same baseball conference as cal state Fullerton and ucsb. WAC or mountain west baseball won't be as good as old pac 12

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Yah Oregon state coach should be an immediate hire this off season. Not sure what their conference looks like for baseball going forward. I would want to be in the same baseball conference as cal state Fullerton and ucsb. WAC or mountain west baseball won't be as good as old pac 12
Oregon State will be baseball independent next year unless something changes immediately.
Washington State is joining the Mountain West in baseball.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I know we're all kind of joking about Lemonis, but in all honesty, he could be an attractive pick to a resource rich program like Texas A&M. He has a national championship under his belt and whether he got it with 'his guys' or not, a place with an alumni base like Texas A&M could help him get the players and coaches he needs to keep Schlossnagle's momentum.

patdog

May 28, 2007
CS-Fullerton isn't what it once was. Same for most all of the California baseball programs.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
They’re going to reset the market. It absolutely has to hurt their pride to lose the title game and then get your coach poached by your rival. They’re going to play name-your-price with a huge name like Bakich, Vitello, Link Jarrett, Jay Johnson, etc. Someone will bite I suspect.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
He’s proven he can make it to the dance. He hasn’t proven he can win it all.
He's also proven he can build a program to get there. TCU was a mainstay in the CWS while he was there. He came up one game short with aTm against a team loaded with talent and the best coach in the college game today.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
He's also proven he can build a program to get there. TCU was a mainstay in the CWS while he was there. He came up one game short with aTm against a team loaded with talent and the best coach in the college game today.
Fair. I'm just saying that if A&M wanted to one-up Texas, taking a sitting SEC coach with a national championship on his resume isn't a bad approach. Texas will have hired a runner-up. A&M will have hired a champion. Not a bad way to spin it.

I would always prefer Mississippi State be the "leaver" vs the "left", but I, like a lot of folks in our fanbase, also wouldn't mind a soft reset in the culture and approach of our baseball program.

Reactions: travis.sixpack

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
I would always prefer Mississippi State be the "leaver" vs the "left", but I, like a lot of folks in our fanbase, also wouldn't mind a soft reset in the culture and approach of our baseball program.
Timing wise, it would be really bad to have Lemonis poached in late June. The coaching carousel, what little one there is in college baseball, has stopped (unless you have unlimited resources like tu and aTm). It would be akin to hiring Mike Leach in January 2020.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Timing wise, it would be really bad to have Lemonis poached in late June. The coaching carousel, what little one there is in college baseball, has stopped (unless you have unlimited resources like tu and aTm). It would be akin to hiring Mike Leach in January 2020.
If he's not the guy, and I don't think he is, there is no bad time for him to leave. Only good times and better times.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
If he's not the guy, and I don't think he is, there is no bad time for him to leave. Only good times and better times.
I don’t think he is the guy, either. My concerns replacing him this late are 1) Lemonis did enough to keep his job for 2025 and Selmon doesn’t have a list of possible successors. 2) A coaching search in July will create a lot of portal movement out with our current players. 3) South Carolina had to rob the retirement home for their recent hire.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don’t think he is the guy, either. My concerns replacing him this late are 1) Lemonis did enough to keep his job for 2025 and Selmon doesn’t have a list of possible successors. 2) A coaching search in July will create a lot of portal movement out with our current players. 3) South Carolina had to rob the retirement home for their recent hire.
1 - If Selmon doesn't have a list of possible successors he's negligent. You ALWAYS have that list for every sport, at least the major ones.
2 - Keeping a coach to keep the players is never the right answer. Not sure a lot of our players are going to have any better options than to stay anyway.
3 - SC hired a damn good coach to get them back on track and in good position to hire the next coach in 3-6 years.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
This is why they most likely have to get a current P5 head coach in part to say "we can pull another school's head coach just like the Longhorns".

Corbin is pushing 3 million if he hits his incentives....he ain't leaving.