Who, if any, would cause you to think about crossing the line from what you would normally vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Please don't be a jerk and get it locked. I am just curious. For me, Machin of West Virginia would be the only close one, even though I still don't think I would cross over. I am generally curious about the rest of you.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Not necessarily against it in principal, but there’s not anyone I can think of at the moment that would make me do it.

I very nearly voted for Jim Hood for governor in 2019 but opted against it in the end. But I don’t think I decided until the night before Election Day.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
I'm not voting for anybody that doesn't have a pro-growth platform that gives people the best opportunity to lift themselves outta poverty. Teach a man to fish instead of giving him a fish I say. Growing the pie instead of only being obsessed with how it's sliced and divided up. Meritocracy and healthy competition is the way. Even though I'm pro bidness, these mergers are starting to concern me. Less choices for bare necessities is not good. I heard Trump mention it a while back but nothing since. Is anti-trust law still on the books?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Please don't be a jerk and get it locked. I am just curious. For me, Machin of West Virginia would be the only close one, even though I still don't think I would cross over. I am generally curious about the rest of you.
I would give Andy Beshear serious consideration if they put him at the top of the ticket and left cackling b!+ch where she is.

Reactions: FormerBully

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Montell William's side piece isn't likely to get anyone to cross over.

I did see where Aaron Sorkin suggested the Dems nominate Mitt Romney!?!?!?!?

That would be wild.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
For me it wouldn't be who as much as what their policies would be. I hadn't vote for "who" since W's first term and that sucks.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Well, if either party would give us a good candidate to vote for, it would be a start. It's been a long time.
If anyone is to vote based on their conscience, then you cannot vote for either of the 2 parties we have been offered lately. Vote Libertarian just out of pure spite for the system we have in place, its great. Maybe in 200 years it will make a difference lol.

patdog

May 28, 2007
If anyone is to vote based on their conscience, then you cannot vote for either of the 2 parties we have been offered lately. Vote Libertarian just out of pure spite for the system we have in place, its great. Maybe in 200 years it will make a difference lol.
That's exactly what I've done the past 2 presidential elections. Not sure what I'll do this November.

Reactions: kired

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Real talk: Both parties have become such extreme versions of who they were 20 years ago that the first one who comes back to the middle even a little bit will win by a landslide.

I mean.. just going further left or further right ain’t winning more votes than you’ve already got.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I had to laugh when I got accused of being a liberal back during COVID. I'm a Reagan Republican. That looks like it leaves me without a party at the moment.

I don't see anybody who has been considered to run for for president coming even close to what I'm looking for. I'm really tired of old people but I did not like what the Democrats seemed decided to offer. She maybe younger, I can't think of her as presidential material... at all, and that's all I'll say about it.

I am not happy. But I'm usually am not when it comes to elections these days.

Reactions: L4Dawg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
At the national level, someone with a demonstrated record of an economic populist record, or any other position that would actually improve a significant national issue (immigration, welfare society, etc). Making me believe they would actually implement it rather than just talk about it (see, The Wall) would be a high bar.

At the state level, it's a much lower bar, but it wouldn't matter anyway.

At the local level, anything at all that makes me think they'll make any single thing better.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I'd be more than happy if we had more viable parties in America, but Libertarians just simply are not serious people. They're like house cats: convinced they survive off their cunning and fierce independence, but actually fully dependent on a system they neither appreciate nor understand.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
It's gotten so bad that you don't even really know the policies they'd push to put in place most of the time. It's all about trying to get the nice sound clip and a jab at the other side.

Anybody that would present a solid plan for reducing the deficit, limiting govt spending and reach, and fixing education systems that would lead a reduction in poverty and welfare state would have my vote even if I disagreed on a lot of other issues. The whole system is just totally broken at the moment and none of the candidates or party leaders seem to be the answer to making it better in the future.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
You mean Manchin?

Interestingly, Joe Manchin did more to thwart Democrat pork spending than Mitch McConnell ever did.

TulsI Gabbard has my vote, if you know what I mean
Yes, I think I have the covid, so not cpelling good. Not that I did that great in the first place.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I'm not voting for anybody that doesn't have a pro-growth platform that gives people the best opportunity to lift themselves outta poverty. Teach a man to fish instead of giving him a fish I say. Growing the pie instead of only being obsessed with how it's sliced and divided up. Meritocracy and healthy competition is the way. Even though I'm pro bidness, these mergers are starting to concern me. Less choices for bare necessities is not good. I heard Trump mention it a while back but nothing since. Is anti-trust law still on the books?
Interestingly, I looked at Kamalas record today, and one of the few things she is known for is (as AG of Cali) for dropping charges against first time, non-violent offenders that completed job training. Teach a man to fish....

Also, the Biden Admin started enforcing anti-trust, after decades of the Executice ignoring it.

Is this the right Anon account? Because you sound like me right now.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’m amazed at how much you guys like to talk about this ****… hell I get there ain’t much in the way of sports going on right but do you guys apparently never get tired of a political thread.

Reactions: DerHntr

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
In theory

Reactions: Anon1704414204

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
we desperately need ranked choice voting. term limits would be a real nice to have as well.

Reactions: Dawgg

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I’m amazed at how much you guys like to talk about this ****… hell I get there ain’t much in the way of sports going on right but do you guys apparently never get tired of a political thread.
I was hoping this one will be different where State fans are not screaming at each other and challenging a fight at sonic parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login