Who is shorter, UGA’s Bilbo Smart or Bama’s Frodo Saban?

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Who is doing it better than Kirby? Meanwhile, the 7v7 Championship model has lost steam, while Kirby is preparing to win his 3rd consecutive National Championship. "Context" seems to be a lost art with Bama fans these days
Who is doing it better than Kirby? I don’t know, maybe the guy with 7 NCs? Just so you know, Kirby has the same amount of NCs as Dabo. And has a worse record against Saban than Dabo. You DAs think football only started 2 years ago lmao.

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
Saban had a Heisman winning QB and a WR room full of 4* players who dropped as many passes as they caught. ZERO National Championships.

Isn't Saban sitting on a beach somewhere today? He should be back in Tuscaloosa, trying to find a QB or at least working hard to solve the mystery surrounding beating Texas A&M.

Bama recruiting rankings are largely based on unwarted bumps due to Saban's career success over the long term. Many Bama starters in the past didn't have a committable offer from UGA but we're bumped past UGA recruits for zero reason other than their choice of schools.

Plus let's not forget that Dabo can only win championships if he has a generational QB like Watson or Lawrence. Take away his QB and Clemson is just a top tier ACC team. At least Dabo leads the nation in one key metric, giving out scholarships to 6' 180 lb sons of coaching assistants and boosters..

Kirby just won his second consecutive national championship by stacking up freak athletes with off the chart measurables at practically every position group and his QB was a 5'10" former walk-on who can't hold his brown liquor.

Kirby finally had the QB issue solved and that means more National Championships will immediately follow He's stacking them up while Bama and Clemson can't find just one blue chip guy between the 2 schools.

Who is doing it better than Kirby? I don’t know, maybe the guy with 7 NCs? Just so you know, Kirby has the same amount of NCs as Dabo. And has a worse record against Saban than Dabo. You DAs think football only started 2 years ago lmao.

Last edited:

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Saban had a Heisman winning QB and a WR room full of 4* players who dropped as many passes as they caught. ZERO National Championships.

Isn't Saban sitting on a beach somewhere today? He should be back in Tuscaloosa, trying to find a QB or at least working hard to solve the mystery surrounding beating Texas A&M.

Bama recruiting rankings are largely based on unwarted bumps due to Saban's career success over the long term. Many Bama starters in the past didn't have a committable offer from UGA but we're bumped past UGA recruits for zero reason other than their choice of schools.

Plus let's not forget that Dabo can only win championships if he has a generational QB like Watson or Lawrence. Take away his QB and Clemson is just a top tier ACC team. At least Dabo leads the nation in one key metric, giving out scholarships to 6' 180 lb sons of coaching assistants and boosters..

Kirby just won his second consecutive national championship by stacking up freak athletes with off the chart measurables at practically every position group and his QB was a 5'10" former walk-on who can't hold his brown liquor.

Kirby finally had the QB issue solved and that means more National Championships will immediately follow He's stacking them up while Bama and Clemson can't find just one blue chip guy between the 2 schools.
Do you really think anyone is going to read all of this? Lmao.

Reactions: dp rtr

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
Do you really think anyone is going to read all of this? Lmao
2 digit IQ Gumps? Maybe not. Truth hurts and they can't string words together to formulate complete sentences until you remind them that Bama and Saban just aren't what they used to be; then they turn into History Phds and they will talk at length about the old days. I came to the wrong place for enlightening discussion, too many Bama casuals on this board.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
2 digit IQ Gumps? Maybe not. Truth hurts and they can't string words together to formulate complete sentences until you remind them that Bama and Saban just aren't what they used to be; then they turn into History Phds and they will talk at length about the old days. I came to the wrong place for enlightening discussion, too many Bama casuals on this board.
“Enlightening discussion”? You say that after spouting “many Bama commits didn’t have UGA offers”, which is total BS. You are a homeboard hero who believes everything fed to him by the home board writers. Are you enlightened now?

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
“Enlightening discussion”? You say that after spouting “many Bama commits didn’t have UGA offers”, which is total BS. You are a homeboard hero who believes everything fed to him by the home board writers. Are you enlightened now?
Where are they now??

Oh, and while we are having an "enlightening discussion" , Eat me.....

NONE of these wide outs had committable offers from UGA.....

Traeshon Holden 4 star now at Oregon
Javon Baker 4 Star now at UCF
Thaiu Jones Bell 4 star still at Bama
Ja'Corey Brooks four Star still at Bama
JoJo Earle 4 star now at TCU??
Agiye Hall 4 star now at Texas
Christian Leary 4 star now at Georgia Tech

Whoops, there is another dropped pass by a 4* Bama WR. Really, really sucks for you guys..

Just take your punishment and move on...

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Where are they now??

Whoops, there is another dropped pass by a 4* Bama WR. Really, really sucks for you guys..

You didn’t specifically say WR, you said most Bama starters didn’t have UGA offers. Either way, do you really want to compare WR history and success? Sit down, clown.

Reactions: OneWingedAngel

Ichabod

Aug 16, 2022
Where are they now??

Are you really trying to measure UGA WR evals v. Bama WR evals?

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
You didn’t specifically say WR, you said most Bama starters didn’t have UGA offers. Either way, do you really want to compare WR history and success? Sit down, clown.
I said "many" and if you are a Bama fan, thank you for proving what I said earlier, you guys always deflect when someone wants to talk about what's happening with your team today. There are others, particularly some of the big uglies along the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Nobody cares what Alabama has done in the past. Kirby is beating your *** at every turn, in terms of recruiting, development, particularly development of undervalued talent and let's not forget that Saban's early success in his tenure at Alabama was helped along by drafting off the legacy of Bear Bryant , along with those hard-nosed defenses, which of course were built by Kirby Smart.

I'm starting to like this discussion board now. Call up all your broken hearted Alabama friends and ask them to join in this discussion. Line them up 6 deep and 4 wide and send them all at once and I'll keep handing your asses back to you.

Whoops, and another 4* WR drops a pass from your Heisman winning QB.

Last edited:

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
Are you really trying to measure UGA WR evals v. Bama WR evals?
I'm telling you what you already know, is that your Bama bump evals have finally caught up with you and Kirby is the best talent evaluator in the business.

Last edited:

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
Is that why he didn’t go after Will Anderson?
Anderson was a fine prospect but in high school he was built more like a wideout than an edge defender...he beefed up afterwards and good for him..

But in Kirby's MINT front, that edge defender must wear different hats. May be called upon to rush passer with bend/flex, but also crash gaps and force ball carriers outside, or even drop back into pass coverage... Anderson wasn't projected to fill that role at UGA with his initial evaluations..

Also, worth noting that in Indianapolis Anderson got his *** handed back to him and was a non-factor after Brod Jones entered the game at Left Tackle late in the 2nd Quarter..

This is the kind of discussion I'm looking for, but if all you're going to do is just cherry pick lest you forget it's UGA setting draft records with it's defenses these days and not Bama. Saban just hired a retread called Kevin Steele to resuscitate the Alabama defense. Good luck with that.

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
Is that why he didn’t go after Will Anderson?
In all honesty I do thank you for your questions and responses. I'm sure it's a chore pulling yourself away from your 10 minute breaks at Walmart, Costco, or wherever the hell you guys are working. Maybe parking cars at a flea market?

Attachments

• 200 (3).gif
    200 (3).gif
    537.7 KB · Views: 4

Ichabod

Aug 16, 2022
Anderson was a fine prospect but in high school he was built more like a wideout than an edge defender...he beefed up afterwards and good for him..

But in Kirby's MINT front, that edge defender must wear different hats. May be called upon to rush passer with bend/flex, but also crash gaps and force ball carriers outside, or even drop back into pass coverage... Anderson wasn't projected to fill that role at UGA with his initial evaluations..

Also, worth noting that in Indianapolis Anderson got his *** handed back to him and was a non-factor after Brod Jones entered the game at Left Tackle late in the 2nd Quarter..

This is the kind of discussion I'm looking for, but if all you're going to do is just cherry pick lest you forget it's UGA setting draft records with it's defenses these days and not Bama. Saban just hired a retread called Kevin Steele to resuscitate the Alabama defense. Good luck with that.
Everything you’re describing about Kirby’s defense is Sabans defense. If he was the greatest evaluator, he would have recruited him. If you want to point at draft records, please show us all the offensive power that he’s put in the league. Saban has been placing blue chip players in the league at EVERY position. Not just defensively.

Its hilarious you think Kirby’s the greatest yet he’s only 1-4 against Nick.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
I said "many" and if you are a Bama fan, thank you for proving what I said earlier, you guys always deflect when someone wants to talk about what's happening with your team today. There are others, particularly some of the big uglies along the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Nobody cares what Alabama has done in the past. Kirby is beating your *** at every turn, in terms of recruiting, development, particularly development of undervalued talent and let's not forget that Saban's early success in his tenure at Alabama was helped along by drafting off the legacy of Bear Bryant , along with those hard-nosed defenses, which of course were built by Kirby Smart.

I'm starting to like this discussion board now. Call up all your broken hearted Alabama friends and ask them to join in this discussion. Line them up 6 deep and 4 wide and send them all at once and I'll keep handing your asses back to you.

Whoops, and another 4* WR drops a pass from your Heisman winning QB.
Kirby is 1-4 against Alabama. Is this a joke?
Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
Everything you’re describing about Kirby’s defense is Sabans defense. If he was the greatest evaluator, he would have recruited him. If you want to point at draft records, please show us all the offensive power that he’s put in the league. Saban has been placing blue chip players in the league at EVERY position. Not just defensively.

Its hilarious you think Kirby’s the greatest yet he’s only 1-4 against Nick.
Wrong. Those Bama defenses were scouted, recruited, and developed by Kirby Smart.

It was Saban who was intelligent enough to hire Kirby because of Kirby and his Dad Sonny Smart's ties to the high School coaching community in the south. It made good business sense to hire Kirby Smart because he was a defensive coaching savant and everybody wanted him..

Saban did the same thing at LSU, hiring another young, defensive coaching savant called Will Muschamp , who is another Georgia graduate, as his defensive coordinator.

It's funny that Bama fans make fun of Kirby and his yellow teeth and bowl haircut, but without Georgia grads Kirby Smart and Will Muschamp, there's absolutely no guarantee that Saban has the degree of success that he's enjoyed at LSU and Bama respectively.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023

Another fun fact about Indianapolis…..Jamo was abusing that “generational defense” yet again. You had no answer. Just admit you got lucky and move on.

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
Kirby is 1-4 against Alabama. Is this a joke?
Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey
And Kirby won't lose
Another fun fact about Indianapolis…..Jamo was abusing that “generational defense” yet again. You had no answer. Just admit you got lucky and move on.
And Saban wasn't prepared to fill his shoes once he went down. The pivotal moments in Bama's downfall were not when Williams and Metchie went down, it's when Saban failed to prepare his team to keep winning when circumstances were stacked against them.

Imagine a dynasty program like Bama with arguably one of the greatest college football coaches of all time , being derailed by 2 players getting hurt , one in which you had a month to replace when you've had a top 3 WR recruiting class for 5 straight years....

Blame Saban for spearheading an offense that essentially depends upon the success of one or two guys, while Kirby keeps stacking up mofo's with off the chart measurables on both sides of the ball. THIS is why UGA has two consecutive national championships and preparing to win three in a row and Bama isn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Semper High

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
So much enjoyment for me here engaging with the "Stuart Smalley" segment of the Bama fan base. Just keep doing you, when you know that "You are Good Enough, you are smart enough , and doggone it people like you!"

Attachments

• 20230521_195230.png
    20230521_195230.png
    444.7 KB · Views: 1

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
So much enjoyment for me here engaging with the "Stuart Smalley" segment of the Bama fan base. Just keep doing you, when you know that "You are Good Enough, you are smart enough , and doggone it people like you!"
You responded to that single post twice? 1-4 against the GOAT really has you in your feels.

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
You responded to that single post twice? 1-4 against the GOAT really has you in your feels.
Nawww, it's you Gumps whom have been weighed and measured by a UGA guy, over and over and I ruined your day. I saw the thread title and knew I'd encounter the same conga line of 2 inch pee pee Bama casuals I encounter over and over in these discussion threads who don't have the capacity to understand why UGA is an ascendant program with Kirby Smart leading the way and how it relates to Bama taking the biggest step backwards in the program since Saban came on board...

Again, context and critical thinking skills not prevalent among the lower order of the Bama fan base. You could almost surmise that Kirby is much more valuable to Bama than what you want to admit.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Nawww, it's you Gumps whom have been weighed and measured by a UGA guy, over and over and I ruined your day. I saw the thread title and knew I'd encounter the same conga line of 2 inch pee pee Bama casuals I encounter over and over in these discussion threads who don't have the capacity to understand why UGA is an ascendant program with Kirby Smart leading the way and how it relates to Bama taking the biggest step backwards in the program since Saban came on board...

Again, context and critical thinking skills not prevalent among the lower order of the Bama fan base. You could almost surmise that Kirby is much more valuable to Bama than what you want to admit.
Do you always have to post novels when you respond? The “huge step back” is NC in 2020, runner-up in 2021, and 5th in 2022. Actually, the biggest step back would have been 10-3 in 2010 after the undefeated NC in 2009. I know you only started following football in 2021, so I’m trying to help you out.

Reactions: Alabama Does

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
Do you always have to post novels when you respond? The “huge step back” is NC in 2020, runner-up in 2021, and 5th in 2022. Actually, the biggest step back would have been 10-3 in 2010 after the undefeated NC in 2009. I know you only started following football in 2021, so I’m trying to help you out.
The step back started when Kirby Smart left your program. He took your ability to recruit and develop on the defensive side of the ball, thus you adopted the Clemson model, recruit top heavy at QB and WR and hope no one gets hurt ..

And now here you are, getting beaten by or squeaking out one score victories against teams that Georgia is beating like a drum..

I've got an idea for drinking game for you Bama fans. Go back and watch every Alabama game over the past two seasons and take a shot of your favorite brown liquor every time one of your 4* wideouts drops a pass. Report back to this thread if you haven't already expired from alcohol poisoning afterwards...

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
The step back started when Kirby Smart left your program. He took your ability to recruit and develop on the defensive side of the ball, thus you adopted the Clemson model, recruit top heavy at QB and WR and hope no one gets hurt ..

And now here you are, getting beaten by or squeaking out one score victories against teams that Georgia is beating like a drum..

I've got an idea for drinking game for you Bama fans. Go back and watch every Alabama game over the past two seasons and take a shot of your favorite brown liquor every time one of your 4* wideouts drops a pass. Report back to this thread if you haven't already expired from alcohol poisoning afterwards...
Boy, that sure does sound good. Unfortunately for you, we’ve got this pesky little thing called facts that get in the way of a good story.
Alabama Defensive Rankings:
2016 #1
2017 #1
2018 #12
2019 #13
2020 #13
2021 #18
2022 #9

What happened in 2018 you say? Jeremy Pruitt left and was replaced by Pete Golding.

Let’s look into this a little further:
2012 #1
2013 #4 (FSU was #1)
2014 #6
2015 #2

What happened after 2012? Jeremy Pruitt left and went to FSU, where he produced the #1 defense for them. Do you see a trend here?

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
Boy, that sure does sound good. Unfortunately for you, we’ve got this pesky little thing called facts that get in the way of a good story.
Alabama Defensive Rankings:
2016 #1
2017 #1
2018 #12
2019 #13
2020 #13
2021 #18
2022 #9

What happened in 2018 you say? Jeremy Pruitt left and was replaced by Pete Golding.

Let’s look into this a little further:
2012 #1
2013 #4 (FSU was #1)
2014 #6
2015 #2

What happened after 2012? Jeremy Pruitt left and went to FSU, where he produced the #1 defense for them. Do you see a trend here?
Dumbass...you are SO f'ckig dumb...

In 2018, it had dropped to #18 after Kirby had already left, it's he who targeted and recruited those defenders, not Saban and certainly not Pruitt.

Also, by 2018, the key issue is the fact that most if not all SEC offenses were shifting from the Power I formation, to more spread sets, The evolution of college offenses has forced the evolution of college defenses. As recent as 2010, in the SEC the traditional offensive look was the Power I formation. By 2014-2015, these offenses were changing, with more spread formations, double stacks, bunch sets, motion, etc. Defensive personnel had to change. Teams started recruiting smaller, more athletic defensive linemen and linebackers.

As for Pruitt, he has never targeted, recruited, or developed a defense, let alone showing he could steer the ship himself and manage a team from an organizational standpoint, as evidenced by what happened when he went to Tennessee.

Keep crying and self owning. I've got you actually telling everyone on this board that all Kirby Smart did during his time in Alabama was fetch coffee for Nick Saban and Jeremy Pruitt...

Damn, you are SO
dense....

If ALL you can do is copy and paste 'chit propagating whatever nonsense you read on your Alabama circle jerk message boards and fan sites, then go do you and leave the real discussion to those whom have stuck their hands in the dirt and know what it's like to play the game.

Last edited:

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Dumbass...you are SO f'ckig dumb...

In 2018, it had dropped to #18 after Kirby had already left, it's he who targeted and recruited those defenders, not Saban and certainly not Pruitt.

Also, by 2018, the key issue is the fact that most if not all SEC offenses were shifting from the Power I formation, to more spread sets, The evolution of college offenses has forced the evolution of college defenses. As recent as 2010, in the SEC the traditional offensive look was the Power I formation. By 2014-2015, these offenses were changing, with more spread formations, double stacks, bunch sets, motion, etc. Defensive personnel had to change. Teams started recruiting smaller, more athletic defensive linemen and linebackers.

As for Pruitt, he has never targeted, recruited, or developed a defense, let alone showing he could steer the ship himself and manage a team from an organizational standpoint, as evidenced by what happened when he went to Tennessee.

Keep crying and self owning. I've got you actually telling everyone on this board that all Kirby Smart did during his time in Alabama was fetch coffee for Nick Saban and Jeremy Pruitt...

Damn, you are SO
dense....

If ALL you can do is copy and paste 'chit propagating whatever nonsense you read on your Alabama circle jerk message boards and fan sites, then go do you and leave the real discussion to those whom have stuck their hands in the dirt and know what it's like to play the game.
Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Look at this triggered little snowflake lmao. Facts show that Pruitt was the real defensive genius. Otherwise, why the drop off after 2012 when he left and Kirby was still DC?

Saban made a bad hire with Pete Golding. Simple as that. As a Kirby fan, you should know what a bad hire looks like as Kirby has made several himself, he just didn’t take as long to correct it. Part of that was due to the fact that Alabama won an NC with Golding as DC, even though he definitely wasn’t the reason for it.

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Look at this triggered little snowflake lmao. Facts show that Pruitt was the real defensive genius. Otherwise, why the drop off after 2012 when he left and Kirby was still DC?
Oh, so it's Pruitt who in only 7 years as a head coach has 2 National Championships, 5-1 in the college football playoffs (1 loss in OT in the National Championship against Bama), 2 SEC championships and completely owns the SEC East more so than Steve Spurrier did?

What about beating the following teams during that same time frame, like, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Michigan? Was that Pruitt too?

Where is Pruitt now?

What about having 50 drafted into the NFL at a quicker pace than Nick Saban and Dabo? Was that Jeremy Pratt too???

Go back to work. You're going to lose your door greeter job at Walmart if you're not careful.

Dude, you spouted a bunch of 'chit on a message board one afternoon and you ran into a guy who knows more than you and you got owned. Live
with it.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Oh, so it's Pruitt who in only 7 years as a head coach has 2 National Championships, 5-1 in the college football playoffs (1 loss in OT in the National Championship against Bama), 2 SEC championships and completely owns the SEC East more so than Steve Spurrier did?

What about beating the following teams during that same time frame, like, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Michigan? Was that Pruitt too?

Where is Pruitt now?

What about having 50 drafted into the NFL at a quicker pace than Nick Saban and Dabo? Was that Jeremy Pratt too???

Go back to work. You're going to lose your door greeter job at Walmart if you're not careful.

Dude, you spouted a bunch of 'chit on a message board one afternoon and you ran into a guy who knows more than you and you got owned. Live
with it.
Being a great coordinator doesn’t 100% guarantee that you will be a great head coach, simpleton. The hilarious part is that you actually think you are “owning” someone lmao.

Aug 24, 2017
TBH, if Bama has a Heisman QB and a roster filled with 4*-5* recruits, particularly at the WR position, the loss of one key player should be easily absorbed. UGA has injuries ALL the time and Kirby plugs in another key guy and just keeps winning. Want to win a National Championship? A Heisman winning QB can and should certainly help your cause, but developing your bench better be a top priority.
Gee whiz , UGA just won 2 consecutive National Championships with a 2* at QB who lost his starting job not once but TWICE. Better be able to make chicken salad out of chicken 'chit instead of making excuses.
Bama was minus their top two WR’s when Jamison went down. Let’s not pretend this was the prior Bama teams that were 4 deep at WR. Or ignore the fact UGA has only played Bama twice in the regular season since 2008. Losing both regular season games to Bama and failing to make the SEC championship game. One of which was only scheduled due to Covid. If Larry Scott doesn’t cancel the season before going to a 6 game season SC would have played Bama twice as many times in the regular season in the past 15 years. That’s pretty bad and that’s not getting into the 8 game SEC conference schedule, FCS fillers, the questionable hit on Harrison, etc….Regardless there’s no excuse to avoid UGA playing Bama in the regular season for so long.

Bolden1983

Dec 15, 2021

Where do you think Kirby learned his MINT front and defensive scheme from?

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
Bama was minus their top two WR’s when Jamison went down. Let’s not pretend this was the prior Bama teams that were 4 deep at WR. Or ignore the fact UGA has only played Bama twice in the regular season since 2008. Losing both regular season games to Bama and failing to make the SEC championship game. One of which was only scheduled due to Covid. If Larry Scott doesn’t cancel the season before going to a 6 game season SC would have played Bama twice as many times in the regular season in the past 15 years. That’s pretty bad and that’s not getting into the 8 game SEC conference schedule, FCS fillers, the questionable hit on Harrison, etc….Regardless there’s no excuse to avoid UGA playing Bama in the regular season for so long.
A lot to get through here,

That game in 2020 was scheduled as part of the rotation prior to Covid, Mississippi State was the extra game that was added

The rotation with 16 teams stinks though no debate. We still to this day have never traveled to College Station. Unfortunately seems like the lesser half of the conference is pushing to keep it at 8 even with Texas and OU. Very hard to see that being sustainable long term but it's not our doing so I'm not sure an "excuse" is needed

You can talk about FCS fillers, but UGA like Bama has made it a point to schedule legit non con games along with playing GA Tech every year (not our fault they suck). Since Kirby got here we've played UNC, Notre Dame twice, Clemson, Oregon, and had Virginia and OU scheduled in 2020 and 2023. We got Clemson, home and home vs UCLA and FSU, Ohio State, and another series against Clemson all scheduled in the future. FCS teams or not, I'm not sure you really want to start comparing your Pac 12 schedule with anyone in the SEC though.

LOL at "questionable hit on Harrison." 100% legal and was reviewed. Contact was to the shoulder. Don't listen to butthurt buck nuts

Last edited:

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
A lot to get through here,

That game in 2020 was scheduled as part of the rotation prior to Covid, Mississippi State was the extra game that was added

The rotation with 16 teams stinks though no debate. We still to this day have never traveled to College Station. Unfortunately seems like the lesser half of the conference is pushing to keep it at 8 even with Texas and OU. Very hard to see that being sustainable long term but it's not our doing so I'm not sure an "excuse" is needed

You can talk about FCS fillers, but UGA like Bama has made it a point to schedule legit non con games along with playing GA Tech every year (not our fault they suck). Since Kirby got here we've played UNC, Notre Dame twice, Clemson, Oregon, and had Virginia and OU scheduled in 2020 and 2023. We got Clemson, home and home vs UCLA and FSU, Ohio State, and another series against Clemson all scheduled in the future. FCS teams or not, I'm not sure you really want to start comparing your Pac 12 schedule with anyone in the SEC though.

LOL at "questionable hit on Harrison." 100% legal and was reviewed. Contact was to the shoulder. Don't listen to butthurt buck nuts
Do you think the WLOCP will ever move to a home and home? Alabama and AU faced a similar dilemma years ago as it was always played in Bham and their was a tradition to uphold, but I think both sides would agree that the move to have it on each campus was a great decision. I also think that it has possibly cost Alabama another 1-2 NCs, or at least a shot at it (2013 Kick Six game with Alabama going after a 3-peat, 2019 they may have gotten into the playoff with the only loss being close to LSU, though I don’t think anyone was beating that LSU team). I don’t think AU beats Alabama either of those years if it was still in Bham.

Last edited:

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
Do you think the WLOCP will ever move to a home and home? Alabama and AU faced a similar dilemma years ago as it was always played in Bham and their was a tradition to uphold, but I think both sides would agree that the move to have it on each campus was a great decision. I also think that it has possibly cost Alabama another 1-2 NCs, or at least a shot at it (2013 Kick Six game with Alabama going after a 3-peat, 2019 they may have gotten into the playoff with the only loss being close to LSU, though I don’t think anyone was beating that LSU team). I don’t think AU beats Alabama either of those years if it was still in Bham.
Feels like the push in the fanbase is starting to lean more to home and home. Kirby has publicly said they really miss that extra home game for recruiting (even though we like to schedule neutral site openers), and a lot of our fans will follow Kirby on literally any line of thinking these days. I'm not sure what it would mean regarding wins and losses. Some years it'll be obviously more difficult, but Florida used to kick our asses every year in Jacksonville when they were good. I remember UGA fans trying to say it's like we play a road game every year down there. Personally I just really enjoy the trip and like the uniqueness of it, but I think it's inevitable down the road it goes away like most CFB traditions.

Contract comes up soon and it also seems like Jacksonville isn't as keen on sweetening the deal as prior leadership, but still it's a lot of money for the surrounding area. The option for 24/25 seasons has to be exercised soon by UGA and florida admins

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Feels like the push in the fanbase is starting to lean more to home and home. Kirby has publicly said they really miss that extra home game for recruiting (even though we like to schedule neutral site openers), and a lot of our fans will follow Kirby on literally any line of thinking these days. I'm not sure what it would mean regarding wins and losses. Some years it'll be obviously more difficult, but Florida used to kick our asses every year in Jacksonville when they were good. I remember UGA fans trying to say it's like we play a road game every year down there. Personally I just really enjoy the trip and like the uniqueness of it, but I think it's inevitable down the road it goes away like most CFB traditions.

Contract comes up soon and it also seems like Jacksonville isn't as keen on sweetening the deal as prior leadership, but still it's a lot of money for the surrounding area. The option for 24/25 seasons has to be exercised soon by UGA and florida admins
The recruiting aspect of it is a very valid point. We take it for granted now because the Iron Bowl moved to home and home around 30 years ago and I didn’t follow recruiting that closely back then, but I’m sure both sides saw an uptick in recruiting success. Of course, Legion Field had also turned into a piece of sh*t stadium as well so that probably helped usher in the change.

Reactions: Chuck Nasty

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
The recruiting aspect of it is a very valid point. We take it for granted now because the Iron Bowl moved to home and home around 30 years ago and I didn’t follow recruiting that closely back then, but I’m sure both sides saw an uptick in recruiting success. Of course, Legion Field had also turned into a piece of sh*t stadium as well so that probably helped usher in the change.
yeah probably a few kids a year where scheduling really affects their ability to get on campus for a big game. I think it's a little overstated personally, but definitely a factor. Recruits can be hosted now in Jacksonville, but the experience isn't the same as actually hosting in your own stadium on your own campus.

Yeah if the Jaguars stadium was like Legion field this would have been moved a long time ago. I wonder how long OU and Texas can keep the cotton bowl thing up without moving to Jerry World or go strictly on campus

ButMizzouDoe

May 5, 2023
Who is doing it better than Kirby? Meanwhile, the 7v7 Championship model has lost steam, while Kirby is preparing to win his 3rd consecutive National Championship. "Context" seems to be a lost art with Bama fans these days
Gumps gonna gump

ButMizzouDoe

May 5, 2023
I read it, agree on all points…

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login