Who is States #2 rival?

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
It's Alabama, for 17s sake!
Embrace it, fellas.
Yes, it's one-sided and it sucks to lose to them as much as we have. But that is the rivalry - much more so than any other current SEC team.
But our number #2 rival is Alabama. And if you followed our football program from the beginning, you could make an argument for it being #1.
Agreed. Back in the day, the football program really put a lot of effort into playing them each year. There were many many years when we had no business being on the field with them, that we gave them a tough game. Then you have the whole dynamic of them being 90 miles away, fans of both teams living in close proximity. The games with them have all the ingredients.

When I was a little kid, I very much wanted to beat them more so than OleMiss.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Agreed. Back in the day, the football program really put a lot of effort into playing them each year. There were many many years when we had no business being on the field with them, that we gave them a tough game. Then you have the whole dynamic of them being 90 miles away, fans of both teams living in close proximity. The games with them have all the ingredients.

I bet you hated losing to Ole Miss worse though. That, along with playing them every year, is the true definition of a rivalry.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I bet you hated losing to Ole Miss worse though. That, along with playing them every year, is the true definition of a rivalry.
True. At Ole Miss, the LSU game is huge. They HATE what they call the "invasion of purple polyster" to Oxford

However, Ole Miss hates losing to MSU more, though

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017

Bama players that played in the 60s and 70s - that never lost to us, said that no team on their schedule hit harder than Mississippi State. They said that it was game they treaded year in and year out because they were always more banged up.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login