Will you watch Will Rogers as he plays for Washington?...

patdog

May 28, 2007
I got it from a friends sons, friend of a friends girlfriends acquaintance type thing that Will was done real ****** by arnett. I don’t think he’s a great QB or anything but hope the best for him.
Whatever. I do have it from a good source. A real source, not some message board or I read it somewhere.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I’m more likely to watch noted early 20th century humorist Will Rogers play football this year than I am to watch noted former Mississippi State quarterback Will Rogers play football this year.

Reactions: The Peeper

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I will have a passing interest and will hope he does well.
When a guy gives you his all and it’s not working, I never blame the player and always hope they do well. Guys that leave after a good season for greener pastures, I hope they crash and burn.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
QB’s are polarizing. Interesting how some resent Will for volunteering to play for our school. Seemed like he tried as hard as anyone else and lived up to his potential and more. Dontae Walker on the other hand, I was disappointed in him and his cheeseburgers.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’ll definitely watch when I can. I’m pulling for him. He was a great bulldog. Represented the team and university with class. Hope he tears it up this year.

I can understand some guys being indifferent, which seems like most of the crowd here is. But I don’t understand the few that seem to want Will to fail.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Im curious how he will perform, but I'm not very interested in Washington football. There's only so many games I can watch in a weekend. Maybe if they play on a Thursday night, or something.

I did watch Michael Penix, Jr. play for the Falcons last night, though.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I’ll definitely watch when I can. I’m pulling for him. He was a great bulldog. Represented the team and university with class. Hope he tears it up this year.

I can understand some guys being indifferent, which seems like most of the crowd here is. But I don’t understand the few that seem to want Will to fail.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. If you are anything beyond indifferent on the negative side it says everything about you and nothing about Will. It's just 17ing sad and weird.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I hope he does well and he could if he gets good protection but i just think Washington isnt going to be very good and will struggle

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Sure. Hope he does well. What a wasted year we had last year because of incredibly inept coaching.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Noodle arm will suck with anyone not named Leach.

But our fans thought he sucked (Leach).

Bless our hearts. &tate 4 Eva
Amazing how much vitriol is spewed at our record setting QB. Will is / was who he is. Against mediocre D's he shined but didn't have the ability to handle pass rushes from quality D's which was some of the most painful & frustrating STATE offensive (Pun Intended) football I've ever watched. Trashing him the way I see many do however is based on emotion rather than logic and makes our fan base appear weak & stupid. (Prolly fat & drunk too)

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Amazing how much vitriol is spewed at our record setting QB. Will is / was who he is. Against mediocre D's he shined but didn't have the ability to handle pass rushes from quality D's which was some of the most painful & frustrating STATE offensive (Pun Intended) football I've ever watched. Trashing him the way I see many do however is based on emotion rather than logic and makes our fan base appear weak & stupid. (Prolly fat & drunk too)
I was not a fan. I think he held us back. He was made average by Leach. I didn’t think he was a D1 QB when he was in high school. None of this is personal.

The next QB Leach coached would have probably broken all his records too. I think we all agree those records are due to Leach, let’s not be intentionally stupid here. Will was adequate as the bridge guy for the first few years until we got Leach guys in here.

I sure don’t fault him for transferring. He should have left last year.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
You only had to watch Minshew or Harrell to see what that system was capable of. Locke or Parson would have lit it up

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
I was not a fan. I think he held us back. He was made average by Leach. I didn’t think he was a D1 QB when he was in high school. None of this is personal.

The next QB Leach coached would have probably broken all his records too. I think we all agree those records are due to Leach, let’s not be intentionally stupid here. Will was adequate as the bridge guy for the first few years until we got Leach guys in here.

I sure don’t fault him for transferring. He should have left last year.
Agree that when Will's records are discussed, play calling needs to be "thrown" in.

Last edited:

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
As both a Brandon and State alum, I'm interested and wish him the best. If I happen to see a game, I'll check in on him. I have a friend on staff at UW who will tell me what he hears. Hope he finds success.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
I watch less college football every year outside of State. Some of that is having young kids, some of that is other interests that conflict with game times, some of that is the portal and the crazy NIL stuff. Just kind of a perfect storm for me to care less and watch less. If I'm home and Washington is on, I'll watch, but I won't go out of my way to watch.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I've said it before, I'll say it again. If you are anything beyond indifferent on the negative side it says everything about you and nothing about Will. It's just 17ing sad and weird.
Yes. Will was a good Bulldog & gave us everything he had for 4 years. Can’t blame him for leaving. I hope he does well.

Reactions: She Mate Me

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Who cares that Will was lied to. It’s the fact that those clowns wasted last season. But in the long run we are better for it. We didn’t need Noodle sticking around for another year or 2 and prolonging the painful transition.

Go look at Shapen’s highlight reel on YouTube. Noodle isn’t making any of those throws

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Who cares that Will was lied to. It’s the fact that those clowns wasted last season. But in the long run we are better for it. We didn’t need Noodle sticking around for another year or 2 and prolonging the painful transition.

Go look at Shapen’s highlight reel on YouTube. Noodle isn’t making any of those throws
Lying to Will is a huge part of how last season was wasted. Is there some reason all the low iq posters migrated to elite dawgs ?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
no one cares shut up GIF

Reactions: 85Bears

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This thread is a perfect example of why MSU, from the top down, should have analyzed itself going forward in this new era and really developed a plan on how to maximize the football program going forward.

For example, we know Will was a below average FBS QB. We also know Leach made him better, along with many other players on the roster. We should have clued in on that. And while I don’t agree, we have many fans saying our talent wasn’t great and Leach didn’t recruit. Well, the players sure played well, so something is amiss.

Seeing all these things, we should have made a concentrated, intentional effort to find another coach like Leach, or some other niche system that we would commit our program towards. I know there isn’t many of them. But with a commitment to it, we’d have found someone. Cohen knew this, he tried to warn us.

But instead, we went Moo U and operated out of fear, and once we corrected that, we are now attempting to compete with the big boys by doing what they do. It’s never worked before, so I sure don’t think it’ll work now, since it’s harder to do in this era. And then throwing away our only historical successful football branding, just exasperates things.

People wonder why I’m jaded. Now you know.

Muttley

Aug 22, 2012
I won't search for UW games, but if it's on, I'll watch at least a few minutes to see how he does. I hope he does well.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
This thread is a perfect example of why MSU, from the top down, should have analyzed itself going forward in this new era and really developed a plan on how to maximize the football program going forward.

For example, we know Will was a below average FBS QB. We also know Leach made him better, along with many other players on the roster. We should have clued in on that. And while I don’t agree, we have many fans saying our talent wasn’t great and Leach didn’t recruit. Well, the players sure played well, so something is amiss.

Seeing all these things, we should have made a concentrated, intentional effort to find another coach like Leach, or some other niche system that we would commit our program towards. I know there isn’t many of them. But with a commitment to it, we’d have found someone. Cohen knew this, he tried to warn us.

But instead, we went Moo U and operated out of fear, and once we corrected that, we are now attempting to compete with the big boys by doing what they do. It’s never worked before, so I sure don’t think it’ll work now, since it’s harder to do in this era. And then throwing away our only historical successful football branding, just exasperates things.

For someone who's jaded, you sure seem to indicate a massive amount of interest on this board.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Maybe they would have, or maybe not. But they didn’t. In part because they couldn’t beat Will out for the starting job.
Im not talking about when they were freshman. Locke and Parson both have a lot more physical talent than Will and would have excelled in Leachs offense. You have to look at some of rhe qbs Leach had at Tech and WSU that really played well, most didnt have the pedigree of Locke or Parson.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020

Definite demarcation of eras pre-Nil/transfer portal and post. What worked in the past absolutely wont work now. Need to be different if you dont have big boy resources to buy players.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
If Washington happens to be on when I happen to look for something to watch?...yeah I'll watch.

Sorta like Syracuse the last couple years.

Reactions: patdog

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Nope.

I heard a Washington preview today and the UDub beat writer was concerned about the offensive line. Rogers can’t play hero-ball like Fafita and deLaura did for Fish at Arizona. I think Rogers’24 will be closer to Rogers’23 than Rogers’21.

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
If Washington happens to be on when I happen to look for something to watch?...yeah I'll watch.

Sorta like Syracuse the last couple years.
That’s a pretty good comparison. I do think, however, most MSU fans probably relate more to Shrader considering the type of player he was. But both he and Noodle made the choice that was best for them after sticking things out for a year.

Problem for Noodle is that there isn’t anyone as good as Leach out there that need a QB, at least in FBS. He probably should have gone to Western Kentucky.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login