Will you watch Will Rogers as he plays for Washington?...

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
The coach that Will (the Noodle schtick is tired as 17) actually intended to play for is certainly as good as Leach ever was, and probably a lot better based on results and his current job. Will was unfortunate to lose him just as he was unfortunate to lose Leach.
Agree on the "Noodle" reference. Don't mean to sound too much like Swan Lake but I don't care for seeing derogatory names made up for our players. Very Coach 34ish IMO.

MedDawg

Apr 24, 2009
You only had to watch Minshew or Harrell to see what that system was capable of. Locke or Parson would have lit it up
Leach's last qb at Washington State was literally a zero-star juco qb whose only offer was from Leach. He passed for 5,579 yards for Leach that season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 85Bears

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Leach's last qb was literally a zero-star juco qb whose only offer was from Leach. He passed for 5,700 yards for Leach that season.
Im well aware of him former baseball
Shortstop who got nfl looks in training camps. You can go down the list hodges symons cumbie he got incredibe production out of qbs based on things he saw that would fit his system.

Studentdawg06

Oct 1, 2023
This thread is a perfect example of why MSU, from the top down, should have analyzed itself going forward in this new era and really developed a plan on how to maximize the football program going forward.

For example, we know Will was a below average FBS QB. We also know Leach made him better, along with many other players on the roster. We should have clued in on that. And while I don’t agree, we have many fans saying our talent wasn’t great and Leach didn’t recruit. Well, the players sure played well, so something is amiss.

Seeing all these things, we should have made a concentrated, intentional effort to find another coach like Leach, or some other niche system that we would commit our program towards. I know there isn’t many of them. But with a commitment to it, we’d have found someone. Cohen knew this, he tried to warn us.

But instead, we went Moo U and operated out of fear, and once we corrected that, we are now attempting to compete with the big boys by doing what they do. It’s never worked before, so I sure don’t think it’ll work now, since it’s harder to do in this era. And then throwing away our only historical successful football branding, just exasperates things.

People wonder why I’m jaded. Now you know.
Cohen is a ‘tard, and he hired Leach at the worst time in history for a coach with his views on roster/player management and recruitment.

Leach was never going to win big here. His staff couldn’t recruit worth a ****, which is why is Lebby is having to flip the roster.

• Haha

Studentdawg06

Oct 1, 2023
Y’all hate him too? Guy who works his *** off to help MSU and Starkville? Carries water at every outset? Whole family is MSU fans? Wrote some of the biggest selling books in our history? That makes a lot of sense.

Glad you guys are admitting these things out in the open. Y’all are cancer. Poison.
The fact not you not only read Rosie’s “books”, but are bragging about our fanbase buying them (confirms a lot of stereotypes from fans of other schools) says way, way, way more about you than it does anyone else.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Cohen is a ‘tard, and he hired Leach at the worst time in history for a coach with his views on roster/player management and recruitment.

Leach was never going to win big here. His staff couldn’t recruit worth a ****, which is why is Lebby is having to flip the roster.
Let me know the next time we go 9-4 big fella, might be a decade or two

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
You think we were going to sustain that level of winning recruiting the way we were?
Leach would have won ten last year. 8 home games returned nearly everybody. He was very smart in the portal with charlton jackie matthews polk banks etc.

Good ol boys blew it up now want to sit around and blame Leach. Its pathetic

Reactions: msudawg1200

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Oooookay. We’ve got a true believer on our hands.
True believer in what ? Facts. Trashing Leach after he went 9-4 and dies after his second full season..,,,then last seasons debacle where his staff is fired and Peterson Friend Arnett run the program into the ground. Lol

thats going to get stale real quick. I guess in 3 years when we still havent went to a bowl game some fool will still be complaining about Mike Leach

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
True believer in what ? Facts. Trashing Leach after he went 9-4 and dies after his second full season..,,,then last seasons debacle where his staff is fired and Peterson Friend Arnett run the program into the ground. Lol

thats going to get stale real quick. I guess in 3 years when we still havent went to a bowl game some fool will still be complaining about Mike Leach
Leach didn't go 9-4, that bowl game and all. I guess he lost all those games last year if so.

• Haha

Studentdawg06

Oct 1, 2023

Leach was a great coach who was a bad fit for this new era of the sport. Lebby has brought a lot of needed fresh air into the building in a way Mullen did.

What Arnett and Co. did was criminal, but it doesn’t detract from the fact our recruiting was falling off a cliff, and we were not going to have sustained success under Leach here. We weren’t going to have the horses.

That’s reality, not an attack on Leach.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Leach was a great coach who was a bad fit for this new era of the sport. Lebby has brought a lot of needed fresh air into the building in a way Mullen did.

What Arnett and Co. did was criminal, but it doesn’t detract from the fact our recruiting was falling off a cliff, and we were not going to have sustained success under Leach here. We weren’t going to have the horses.

That’s reality, not an attack on Leach.
We werent going to have success with Leach because you have a crystal ball and he has a long track record. That breath of fresh air and a nickel will buy you a hot cup of jack squat.

Studentdawg06

Oct 1, 2023
We werent going to have success with Leach because you have a crystal ball and he has a long track record. That breath of fresh air and a nickel will buy you a hot cup of jack squat.
I was a Leach fan, but if you legitimately think we were functioning anything remotely like our competition under him, I can’t help you.

I’m and in wait-and-see mode on Lebby. The off-the-field work has been good, but it quits mattering soon

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I was a Leach fan, but if you legitimately think we were functioning anything remotely like our competition under him, I can’t help you.

I’m and in wait-and-see mode on Lebby. The off-the-field work has been good, but it quits mattering soon
All i know is the guy went 9-4 in his second full season and was a former two time national coach of the year.
Since he was so awful by gosh we ought be topping his turrible results in no time.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
hell Yes I'll watch Him and hope he does great. he stayed loyal to Us last year and got screwed over.

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
If I'm flipping channels and he's on, I may watch a play or two but not really interested.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login