Will you watch Will Rogers as he plays for Washington?...

patdog

May 28, 2007
Im not talking about when they were freshman. Locke and Parson both have a lot more physical talent than Will and would have excelled in Leachs offense. You have to look at some of rhe qbs Leach had at Tech and WSU that really played well, most didnt have the pedigree of Locke or Parson.
Maybe, or maybe not. But again, the fact is neither has done much in their career so far.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Maybe, or maybe not. But again, the fact is neither has done much in their career so far.
locke looked great last year when thrown into action as a freshman. parson had an injury and was coached by the worst coaching staff in division one last year, so not sure what can be expected up until this point. Either of those guys would be amongst the more talented qbs Leach ever had. Freshman normally dont play under Leach.

patdog

May 28, 2007
locke looked great last year when thrown into action as a freshman. parson had an injury and was coached by the worst coaching staff in division one last year, so not sure what can be expected up until this point. Either of those guys would be amongst the more talented qbs Leach ever had. Freshman normally dont play under Leach.
He was actually pretty bad. 50% completion is at least 10% too low. And 5.1 YPA is awful.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That’s a pretty good comparison. I do think, however, most MSU fans probably relate more to Shrader considering the type of player he was. But both he and Noodle made the choice that was best for them after sticking things out for a year.

Problem for Noodle is that there isn’t anyone as good as Leach out there that need a QB, at least in FBS. He probably should have gone to Western Kentucky.

The coach that Will (the Noodle schtick is tired as 17) actually intended to play for is certainly as good as Leach ever was, and probably a lot better based on results and his current job. Will was unfortunate to lose him just as he was unfortunate to lose Leach.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
He was actually pretty bad. 50% completion is at least 10% too low. And 5.1 YPA is awful.
No i watched him play for Wisconsin he played very well for a freshman. Won a big game for them on espn i believe against illinois. Van Dyke fifth year senior transferred in or hed be starting as a soph. locke was born to play in Leachs system if you know anything about his 6a career in texas

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Hell, Will was better as a true freshman "thrown into action" than Locke was last year at Whisky. At least be real if you want to have a debate...

Screenshot_20240810-145847~2.png

Screenshot_20240810-145257~2.png

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
My word is ridiculous. You are eat up with a guys HS ratings and physical ability. There's more to it, which is why Will was ahead of all these HS superstars on the depth chart that mattered.
I like Will and hes got a great family but the ceiling of the offense under qbs like Locke, parson , Minshew, Harrell is much much higher than with Will. Will is the least talented qb leach had in his career.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I like Will and hes got a great family but the ceiling of the offense under qbs like Locke, parson , Minshew, Harrell is much much higher than with Will. Will is the least talented qb leach had in his career.
2 of those QBs are not like the other 2. Will is 3rd on that list. And it’s not close to either #2 or #4.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
2 of those QBs are not like the other 2. Will is 3rd on that list. And it’s not close to either #2 or #4.
If you say so. 4 of them could throw the ball over fifty yards in fhe air and run a forty in under six flat. One couldnt.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Hell, Will was better as a true freshman "thrown into action" than Locke was last year at Whisky. At least be real if you want to have a debate...

View attachment 625307

View attachment 625308
Stop being dumb. People develop at different times. Noodle was coached in high school to the max, and never improved in college. He was hard not to play because he was decent enough and knew the offense.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Stop being dumb. People develop at different times. Noodle was coached in high school to the max, and never improved in college. He was hard not to play because he was decent enough and knew the offense.

I would tell you to stop being arrogantly ignorant, but it's just what you are.

The numbers I posted show that Will improved. What's dumb is saying he didn't, or he's not a D1 QB like you love to do.

What's even dumber is continually calling him childish derogatory nicknames when he played hard for your favorite team and was the best QB on campus all 4 years of his career there.

It's not his fault a better option never developed and stepped forward.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

How is this not obvious? Why would anyone think that listing two top notch college QBs (Harrell and Minshew) with two guys who have barely played college ball makes sense?

There are tremendous athletes coming out of HS at QB every year. Many, many of them never become serviceable D1 starters.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
How is this not obvious? Why would anyone think that listing two top notch college QBs (Harrell and Minshew) with two guys who have barely played college ball makes sense?

There are tremendous athletes coming out of HS at QB every year. Many, many of them never become serviceable D1 starters.
I remember when Sawyer Robinson was going to set every QB record on the planet at Mississippi State. He’s still riding the bench at Baylor again this fall.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I remember when Sawyer Robinson was going to set every QB record on the planet at Mississippi State. He’s still riding the bench at Baylor again this fall.

But he can definitely throw the ball a long way.

Reactions: patdog

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
There’s thousands of guys who can do that but can’t QB a P4 college football team.

Probably because you know nothing about Leachs history developing quarterbacks or his eye for talent.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Well, his eye for talent never started Robertson, Locke or Parsons. But he did start Rogers for 3 years without ever thinking he needed to bring in a transfer QB.
Yea he really didnt know how to recruit or develop qbs**

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Well, his eye for talent never started Robertson, Locke or Parsons. But he did start Rogers for 3 years without ever thinking he needed to bring in a transfer QB.
The whole immediate transfer thing didn’t really take off until before 2022 and by that time Noodle was a 2 year starter. Probably a good thing, at that point, to just bring in talent behind him, which he did. Three 4 star guys to be exact.

It was kind of a weird place to be in. But of course if you hate Leach, you’ll criticize it. If you don’t, you’ll understand it.

And he did bring in Jack Abraham, starter at USM, if I remember correctly. You weren’t really going to get a high profile guy at that moment.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The whole immediate transfer thing didn’t really take off until before 2022 and by that time Noodle was a 2 year starter. Probably a good thing, at that point, to just bring in talent behind him, which he did. Three 4 star guys to be exact.

It was kind of a weird place to be in. But of course if you hate Leach, you’ll criticize it. If you don’t, you’ll understand it.

And he did bring in Jack Abraham, starter at USM, if I remember correctly. You weren’t really going to get a high profile guy at that moment.
Jack Abraham was a freaking walk on, brought in for some depth and for him to learn from Leach for his coaching career. And he was immediately eligible. Just like most players who got almost automatic exemptions from the 1-year rule for the flimsiest of reasons. Not to mention, he never thought he needed to get any scholarship transfer QB, which he surely would have done if he didn't think Rogers was the guy. And the fact that nothing I posted is even mildly critical of Leach.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Jack Abraham was a freaking walk on, brought in for some depth and for him to learn from Leach for his coaching career. And he was immediately eligible. Just like most players who got almost automatic exemptions from the 1-year rule for the flimsiest of reasons. Not to mention, he never thought he needed to get any scholarship transfer QB, which he surely would have done if he didn't think Rogers was the guy. And the fact that nothing I posted is even mildly critical of Leach.
Geez. Ignore my whole post and clue in on the Abraham part. Shouldn’t have even included that, though many people whispered that he was going to start before his issues.

Reactions: RockyDog

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
This thread is a perfect example of why MSU, from the top down, should have analyzed itself going forward in this new era and really developed a plan on how to maximize the football program going forward.

For example, we know Will was a below average FBS QB. We also know Leach made him better, along with many other players on the roster. We should have clued in on that. And while I don’t agree, we have many fans saying our talent wasn’t great and Leach didn’t recruit. Well, the players sure played well, so something is amiss.

Seeing all these things, we should have made a concentrated, intentional effort to find another coach like Leach, or some other niche system that we would commit our program towards. I know there isn’t many of them. But with a commitment to it, we’d have found someone. Cohen knew this, he tried to warn us.

But instead, we went Moo U and operated out of fear, and once we corrected that, we are now attempting to compete with the big boys by doing what they do. It’s never worked before, so I sure don’t think it’ll work now, since it’s harder to do in this era. And then throwing away our only historical successful football branding, just exasperates things.

People wonder why I’m jaded. Now you know.
You are an ignorant and miserable SOB…. You wanted to further destroy our program by doing what hiring Armys or Air Force HC.. that would be falling further behind not only in the conference but also in the state. Such a BS take.
Lebbys offense is exactly what we need to do. It’s the equivalent of the 2000’s AR that you love so much. But again you come here with some BS take on how we doing Moo U crap. No we are not the same po ol state jackAzz.. We finally have an AD ready to bring us into the modern era of football and basketball after being stuck in 2008 for the last 8 years. Thank god AU took Cohen from us, and by the way they are having buyers remorse on that as he is already trying to turn club sport over there into a major event. We fired meathead 10 games into his tenure that’s not what ol Moo U does we used to give them time but Selman saw this ain’t working. We went out and hired the best offensive mind in the country, oh and Saban wanted to hire him at one time too. But you and your 85s and others in here are stuck in some 1997 time warp that thinks we have to be some niche product. That you still believe the LT and Cohen narrative we have to do more with less. No we don’t have to do that anymore but the po ol state is so burned into this fan base it’s pathetic.
Also, if you want to talk about being different on offense well Lebby is, again you don’t do any research you just spout word made up in your head. We will be the only team running the pure the Veer and Shoot, UT and OM run variations of the offense but not what Lebby runs.

One last thing. you complain a sh!!t ton but don’t give a dime to help out. You are part of the worst of our fan base those that ***** and want others to step up but then complain again when we don’t get a player or win a game. I’m Glad not everyone in our fan base thinks like you

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Locke isn’t gonna start at Wisconsin they are all in on Van Dyke from Miami.
Parson has a long way to go

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I’m Glad not everyone in our fan base thinks like you
Right. Unfortunately the majority probably thinks like you. Usually, the folks like me abandon ship and watch from afar because we realize we aren't helping shlt when most everybody shares YOUR viewpoint.

Thankfully we've always had that rising tide that is the SEC to keep us afloat. Absolutely the best decision this university has ever made.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Right. Unfortunately the majority probably thinks like you. Usually, the folks like me abandon ship and watch from afar because we realize we aren't helping shlt when most everybody shares YOUR viewpoint.

Thankfully we've always had that rising tide that is the SEC to keep us afloat. Absolutely the best decision this university has ever made.
Pathetic is what you are. I mean really absolutely pathetic of a fan. You are right we don’t need you or people that share this BS narrative of a fan.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Pathetic is what you are. I mean really absolutely pathetic of a fan. You are right we don’t need you or people that share this BS narrative of a fan.
Nah, I’m smart enough to realize we need everybody. A fanbase our size can’t afford to war amongst itself and alienate a big segment. Question is, what approach do we need to take to galvanize us all?

For your way to work, we are going to need one of two things - a Phil Knight, or an influx of population to MS this by proxy increasing our fanbase. Neither of these things appear to be happening quickly, so we need another approach in the meantime before that happens.

That’s why I say we need an unconventional approach for the foreseeable future. I actually never said which one, either. But I do know that Leach’s methodical Air Raid did appear to be working, especially alongside our defense, which is usually the strength of our teams.

But either way, your viewpoint has been around MSU as long as time. You don’t like my way, 17 it, we don’t need you by God. It’s a big reason we are where we are. Listen to Roseys pods/books about the old days, it’s easy to see.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Nah, I’m smart enough to realize we need everybody. A fanbase our size can’t afford to war amongst itself and alienate a big segment. Question is, what approach do we need to take to galvanize us all?

For your way to work, we are going to need one of two things - a Phil Knight, or an influx of population to MS this by proxy increasing our fanbase. Neither of these things appear to be happening quickly, so we need another approach in the meantime before that happens.

That’s why I say we need an unconventional approach for the foreseeable future. I actually never said which one, either. But I do know that Leach’s methodical Air Raid did appear to be working, especially alongside our defense, which is usually the strength of our teams.

But either way, your viewpoint has been around MSU as long as time. You don’t like my way, 17 it, we don’t need you by God. It’s a big reason we are where we are. Listen to Roseys pods/books about the old days, it’s easy to see.
You listen to Rosey's podcasts, explains a lot

• Haha
Reactions: Studentdawg06

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You listen to Rosey's podcasts, explains a lot
Y’all hate him too? Guy who works his *** off to help MSU and Starkville? Carries water at every outset? Whole family is MSU fans? Wrote some of the biggest selling books in our history? That makes a lot of sense.

Glad you guys are admitting these things out in the open. Y’all are cancer. Poison.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Y’all hate him too? Guy who works his *** off to help MSU and Starkville? Carries water at every outset? Whole family is MSU fans? Wrote some of the biggest selling books in our history? That makes a lot of sense.

Glad you guys are admitting these things out in the open. Y’all are cancer. Poison.
LOL you worship a coach who has won nothing, anywhere. Enjoy your cult! None of us killed or ran off Leach. None of us forced Will Rogers to leave. Rosey is tied to the same old school people you claim to hate. The very ones that hold back MSU. You blindly follow anyone don't you? Leach didn't put guys in the NFL here, & his recruiting was crap, mainly because he didn't even recruit.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I will definitely try to watch him and see how he performs. Hope he tears it up.

Also will pay attention to USC and Marks.
Definitely! He will show how inept the Arnett offense was and shine in a new system with competent coaching.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
This thread is a perfect example of why MSU, from the top down, should have analyzed itself going forward in this new era and really developed a plan on how to maximize the football program going forward.

For example, we know Will was a below average FBS QB. We also know Leach made him better, along with many other players on the roster. We should have clued in on that. And while I don’t agree, we have many fans saying our talent wasn’t great and Leach didn’t recruit. Well, the players sure played well, so something is amiss.

Seeing all these things, we should have made a concentrated, intentional effort to find another coach like Leach, or some other niche system that we would commit our program towards. I know there isn’t many of them. But with a commitment to it, we’d have found someone. Cohen knew this, he tried to warn us.

But instead, we went Moo U and operated out of fear, and once we corrected that, we are now attempting to compete with the big boys by doing what they do. It’s never worked before, so I sure don’t think it’ll work now, since it’s harder to do in this era. And then throwing away our only historical successful football branding, just exasperates things.

People wonder why I’m jaded. Now you know.
Outside of hiring someone like Harrell or Kingsbury at Leach’s memorial service there was no saving the Err Raid last season. We were stuck with Noodle so that right there was a detriment. There was no guarantee we would have held on to any of the freshmen’s QBs or the receivers that left. We can “what if” all we want but we had a very unfortunate situation that not even 1% of the college football world faces with their coach dying before the bowl game

The best thing for everyone was to move on. Unfortunately we wasted last season with a glorified high school staff. But with the lack of talent we had on the OL and the skill positions it probably didn’t matter anyway.

We have fixed that dismal situation and only thing we can do is hope for the best. We need to keep our fingers crossed that Lebby is more Dan than Crooms. If it works out that way, we will be good.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Outside of hiring someone like Harrell or Kingsbury at Leach’s memorial service there was no saving the Err Raid last season. We were stuck with Noodle so that right there was a detriment. There was no guarantee we would have held on to any of the freshmen’s QBs or the receivers that left. We can “what if” all we want but we had a very unfortunate situation that not even 1% of the college football world faces with their coach dying before the bowl game

The best thing for everyone was to move on. Unfortunately we wasted last season with a glorified high school staff. But with the lack of talent we had on the OL and the skill positions it probably didn’t matter anyway.

We have fixed that dismal situation and only thing we can do is hope for the best. We need to keep our fingers crossed that Lebby is more Dan than Crooms. If it works out that way, we will be good.
How did the dismal o line and skill positions go 9-4 the prior season ?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login