Zach Arnett just agreed to terms to be head coach

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Pretty sure this was certain already. Looking forward to seeing his staff

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Nah, we don't need Spurrier running the offense.
We'll see. That's a scary thought.
I wish you would explain what you have against Spurrier. He was Leach right hand man, tons of experience, and had to pick up a few things from the fun and gun. I think you are bad wrong. This guy has been coaching in bowl games since 1995. He knows offense.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I think this is the right move. It's a bit of a gamble but we need the stability. If it doesn't work out nobody will fault us for ending it after a couple of years. The OC is going to be key.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
I just don't understand this. Have you had anyone on staff tell you he's not qualified or just basing it on he's a 50 y/o with no coordinator experience?

I wish you would explain what you have against Spurrier. He was Leach right hand man, tons of experience, and had to pick up a few things from the fun and gun. I think you are bad wrong. This guy has been coaching in bowl games since 1995. He knows offense.
I can’t speak for cooter. My opinion comes from discussions with S Carolina people. They were not fans at all.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
According to Pete Thamel. 4 year contract
LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kermit Lotion GIF - Kermit Lotion Pump - Discover & Share GIFs

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I'm thrilled! Arnett was a Leach gamble that seemed to be paying off. Keenum is gambling too. The best decision in my view. Let's hope it pays off.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
It's risky but what's not.
I like arnett. Hope it works out.
seems like an emotional rushed decision though not waiting to see how he did in the bowl game.
too worried about losing players.
least experienced coach in the SEC now. This could be great or a big whoops.

BA Dog

Nov 4, 2021
I think this is best for the short term future. I hope it works out for the long term because I really like him.

Reactions: bolddogge

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Love ZA and think this is definitely the right move for the immediate future. Just shows what a cruel business this is though, that any move at all needed to be made less than 48 hours after CML passes...

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I just don't understand this. Have you had anyone on staff tell you he's not qualified or just basing it on he's a 50 y/o with no coordinator experience?
It's not likely to happen. And there's a chance to get Bump back in town if Spurrior doesn't hang around. I think there could be some changes. I think we grab a Leach guy as OC. Feel like that's already in the works but I wasn't sure if Arnett was going to be the guy for sure either. Just was a lot of smoke.

mo7888

Oct 18, 2017
Robbie just said he hasn't heard if they hire an OC but he imagines that they will...(I took that to mean hire an OC outside the current staff)

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Not who you're replying to, but I don't want Spurrier simply because I'm concerned about having a first time playcaller on offense to go with a first time head coach. It's possible he's actually handled play calling and done plenty of things for Leach that will make Arnett comfortable that he is ready, but looking from the outside, it seems like he'd be better served having an experienced playcaller.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login