“Progress continues to develop the new Penn State Strategic Plan”

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Updates include appointing new goal leads and plans to seek community feedback on the institutional plan draft in the fall

See the link below. From the article:

”At a glance:
  • The University continues its phase two work to develop an institutional plan with objectives, strategies and measures of progress.
  • Preliminary proposals of the institutional plan will be presented for community review and input in fall 2024. To develop an institutional plan that truly reflects the strengths and aspirations of the Penn State community, faculty, staff, and students are strongly encouraged to share their perspectives during this draft stage.
  • Community members charged with leading all goals groups have been named.
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Efforts to create the next Penn State Strategic Plan continue to progress, including mapping timelines to share goal drafts with the community and appointing additional goal leadership.

"I want to again share my gratitude to the hundreds of Penn State faculty, staff and students who have contributed so far,” said Penn State President Neeli Bendapudi. “We're excited to expand this conversation and engage as many members of the community as we can in the coming months."

Institutional plan proposals to be presented for community input during fall 2024

Within phase two of the strategic planning process, five working groups are developing draft documents — consisting of objectives, strategies and measures of progress — for five goals of the plan.

As previously announced, the goal focused on transforming internal operations will take a unique trajectory and its work is being led by Michael Wade Smith, senior vice president and chief of staff, and Jeremy Bean, assistant vice president of enterprise change and transformation.

Throughout the summer and fall, as they develop their plan proposals, each of the five groups will seek robust input and engagement from a variety of individuals and groups throughout Penn State’s campuses, including faculty and staff members with subject-matter expertise and groups like University Faculty Senate and University Staff Advisory Council.

Following this initial development period, a draft of Penn State’s institutional strategic plan will be shared with the University community for a second phase of gathering broad feedback from students, faculty and staff during the fall semester.”

IMG_2039.png

I don’t know what any of this means, but I know it’s going to be good. 😀

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Updates include appointing new goal leads and plans to seek community feedback on the institutional plan draft in the fall

See the link below. From the article:

”At a glance:
  • The University continues its phase two work to develop an institutional plan with objectives, strategies and measures of progress.
  • Preliminary proposals of the institutional plan will be presented for community review and input in fall 2024. To develop an institutional plan that truly reflects the strengths and aspirations of the Penn State community, faculty, staff, and students are strongly encouraged to share their perspectives during this draft stage.
  • Community members charged with leading all goals groups have been named.
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Efforts to create the next Penn State Strategic Plan continue to progress, including mapping timelines to share goal drafts with the community and appointing additional goal leadership.

"I want to again share my gratitude to the hundreds of Penn State faculty, staff and students who have contributed so far,” said Penn State President Neeli Bendapudi. “We're excited to expand this conversation and engage as many members of the community as we can in the coming months."

Institutional plan proposals to be presented for community input during fall 2024

Within phase two of the strategic planning process, five working groups are developing draft documents — consisting of objectives, strategies and measures of progress — for five goals of the plan.

As previously announced, the goal focused on transforming internal operations will take a unique trajectory and its work is being led by Michael Wade Smith, senior vice president and chief of staff, and Jeremy Bean, assistant vice president of enterprise change and transformation.

Throughout the summer and fall, as they develop their plan proposals, each of the five groups will seek robust input and engagement from a variety of individuals and groups throughout Penn State’s campuses, including faculty and staff members with subject-matter expertise and groups like University Faculty Senate and University Staff Advisory Council.

Following this initial development period, a draft of Penn State’s institutional strategic plan will be shared with the University community for a second phase of gathering broad feedback from students, faculty and staff during the fall semester.”

View attachment 592968

I don’t know what any of this means, but I know it’s going to be good. 😀
"...........the goal focused on transforming internal operations will take a unique trajectory...." Who writes this schit?

Those with lackadaisical input need not bother. The team is only interested in the "robust" variety.

What's on today's lunch menu, Neels?

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022
Too bad union is so adversarial and does not want to work with rest of University for a common good. It would make things a tad easier.

• Sad
Reactions: BobPSU92

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
"...........the goal focused on transforming internal operations will take a unique trajectory...." Who writes this schit?

Those with lackadaisical input need not bother. The team is only interested in the "robust" variety.

What's on today's lunch menu, Neels?
ChatGPT?

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Gotta love it. PSU issues a status report which basically says nothing on the strategic plan. But have we heard anything about the progress toward addressing the operating budget deficit?

What's on tomorrow's lunch menu, Neels?

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Gotta love it. PSU issues a status report which basically says nothing on the strategic plan. But have we heard anything about the progress toward addressing the operating budget deficit?

What's on tomorrow's lunch menu, Neels?

One word: Accountability

☑️

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022
So the union was responsible for this?

Compensation Modernization
Did I say that or even imply that? No, not even close. The union is very close to striking because they asked for a 30%+ pay increase and University rightly said no, you can’t be serious.

Going to be more challenging to move forward on strategic plan, etc. when union is set to strike and cause major disruptions and expenditures.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Did I say that or even imply that? No, not even close. The union is very close to striking because they asked for a 30%+ pay increase and University rightly said no, you can’t be serious.

Going to be more challenging to move forward on strategic plan, etc. when union is set to strike and cause major disruptions and expenditures.
Of course you didn't. The Administration unilaterally raised compensation by $60mm for selected faculty and staff and ignored the 2,700 largely blue-collar employees (who gave up their pay raises during Covid). Let them eat onion dip!

Latest posts