10/22-10/26/24 CFB games (other than PSU)

RochLion

Oct 29, 2021
Sure looked like targeting in the IL/OR game. At least to me. Kid seemed out of it after the hit.
Looked like he lowered his head at the last second, toward the receiver's head, after he probably saw that the receiver was going to be pushed into him, Just did it with the side of the helmet instead of the crown. Defensive player got lucky.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Texas Tech - TCU has been quite a war. It's 35-34, TCU. Texas Tech was driving for a score, but fumbled, and TCU recovered. There's 1:31 left in the game

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
Kid's from Downingtown. Same as Aaron Harris and Drew Shelton. Franklin didn't recruit him. He was only the Maxwell Club Pennsylvania player of the year.
He was a 3-star whose best FBS offer was Kansas State and that's where he went. Personally, I think he should gone to either Harvard or Yale, but he wanted to play football, not school.

Last edited:
Reactions: LB99

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
without their starting QB (he played a bit in the 1st qtr, but went out with another injury or re-injured himself), they kind of were in a tough position
Fair, but they were hyped a lot early in the season and already got shellacked by A & M before being shutout today.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Kid's from Downingtown. Same as Aaron Harris and Drew Shelton. Franklin didn't recruit him. He was only the Maxwell Club Pennsylvania player of the year.
How was he the Maxwell Club POY when he was only the 7th ranked recruit in PA that year? Fleming was #1 recruit in PA in that recruiting class.

Reactions: TiogaLion

Alphalion75

Oct 21, 2021
There are scores of HS players in PA that grow up PSU fans, who dream of playing at PSU. And most of them never get offered by PSU.

Howard was offered by Kansas St (where he went), Minnesota, Maryland, Cincinnati, Kansas, Rutgers, Toledo, Bowling Green, Temple, Harvard, Yale, Morgan St. (that I know of). In short, none of the CFB powers were interested in him coming out of HS. He did well at Kansas St., and the ease of transferring via the modern portal worked well for him, as he ended up at tOSU. If he has a chip on his shoulder about PSU not offering him, I think he's making a mountain out of a mole hill.
It doesn't matter....the chip is there.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Do you remember who our QB recruits were that year?

I never said he was a concern. Calm down Tom.
You realize he packed up and left town in Kansas when a young QB was challenging him for playing time, right? OSU has a ton of talent around him making him look good.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login