2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I found this tweet odd

If your coach is Kim Mulkey, why would you call another coach the GOAT?

I could see her at one of the LA schools. Just a guess.

Remember after the SEC Dust up, I refuse to call it a fight, Flau’jae called Dawn and apologized. Dawn had tried to make sure things went OK with her brother. Dawn asked permission if she could reveal some of the contents of their call. Flau’jae said yes and Dawn was very respectful of Flau’jae when she spoke publicly about it.

Imagine that, the opposing coach of your rival having your back when you confessed to her that you and your family messed up. Don’t think that kind of support is abounding in the bayou.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Remember after the SEC Dust up, I refuse to call it a fight, Flau’jae called Dawn and apologized. Dawn had tried to make sure things went OK with her brother. Dawn asked permission if she could reveal some of the contents of their call. Flau’jae said yes and Dawn was very respectful of Flau’jae when she spoke publicly about it.

Imagine that, the opposing coach of your rival having your back when you confessed to her that you and your family messed up. Don’t think that kind of support is abounding in the bayou.
I don't know what to make of that. Sometimes these players tweet signals I don't pick up on right away.

Reactions: winloseortie

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Cameron Brink basically said this is why she didn't consider using her extra year of eligibility. Traveling twice a week across the country has to be draining. I wouldn't be surprised if more people leave Stanford and Cal for the same reason in all non-Football sports.
I'd love to have had a year of Brink. I'm just raving out loud.😊

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Desperation moves are often regretted when careful analysis is done.
Certainly, but sometimes exigency forecloses judiciousness. A door opens and you have to walk through it because the floor you're standing on is collapsing.

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Well I just saw this on X ….

So this is a THIRD CT player, beyond DeBerry and Bettencourt? Because, I can't see either of those two being considered a "major" player. Although with some folks, ALL CT players are major players, even if they hardly play.....

DrMickeySC

Jan 23, 2022
Certainly, but sometimes exigency forecloses judiciousness. A door opens and you have to walk through it because the floor you're standing on is collapsing.
King, I love you, man. A wise man, especially with your hatred of NC State. But, that first sentence sounds like a line from a student paper during thesaurus week in English class 😂

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
King, I love you, man. A wise man, especially with your hatred of NC State. But, that first sentence sounds like a line from a student paper during thesaurus week in English class 😂
I came by it honestly, Brother.

Brian Shoemaker

Gamecock Central Founder+Publisher
Staff member
Aug 26, 2021

YankeeRooster

Nov 29, 2022
I found this tweet odd

If your coach is Kim Mulkey, why would you call another coach the GOAT?

I could see her at one of the LA schools. Just a guess.

She and Dawn had a nice moment after the SECC game and Dawn publicly praised her, I think they really like each other. She won’t be coming to SC, but after the dust up early in the season between her family and Reese’s, would not shock me if she moved on.

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022
Did you see ESPN dropped Joyce in their rankings, despite winning Gatorade National Player of the Year and Co-MVP of the McDonald's All-American Game (also named all-tournament at the U19 FIBA tourney)? 😏
to #3 ?!

saw that too and thought what a joke. then I remembered a SC recruit/signee rated #3 in the 2019 ESPN rankings that turned into a future national player of the year & the eventual #1 draft pick in her class.

can’t wait to watch Joyce next year in the garnet & black.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
to #3 ?!

saw that too and thought what a joke. then I remembered a SC recruit/signee rated #3 in the 2019 ESPN rankings that turned into a future national player of the year & the eventual #1 draft pick in her class.

They also ranked Fulwiley outside the top 10 and Tessa at #25.

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
to #3 ?!

If memory serves, they also dropped Maddy Mcdaniel from 11-14. I am sure injury is part of that. Its ok though, recruiting is a crap shoot for these people who make these rankings. I saw one the other day ( I think prospect nation) that had Aliyah Boston as the #11 player in her class behind players like Ashley Owusu, Sam Brunelle, Anaya Peoples, Nya Green, Jordan Horston, Rickea Jackson, and others. It is all based on ones opinion and that usually isnt right on target.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
It doesn’t bother me. 1-3 in this class has rotated between the same 3 players for 2 years. Clearly they are in a separate category. We already had a pg AND Cambridge didn't go to a rival. We got a home towner who fits our positional needs and understands the demands of our program.

Also I trust Dawn’s eye over HoopGurlz’s. Watkins, Kitts, Fulwiley and Tessa graded higher for Dawn than in the services. I believe Tac falls in that category. To add to that, Paopao was the best fit and had the biggest impact of ANY player in the portal.

And another thing….. This staff, and that includes Binetti, seem to do a great job of developing talent. Look at LSU, in three years the only player I feel who has gotten better is Flau’jae AND she has a personal trainer who works with her everyday. She is remarkably focused.

Last edited:

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
It doesn’t bother me. 1-3 in this class has rotated between the same 3 players for 2 years. Clearly they are in a separate category. We already had a pg AND Cambridge didn't go to a rival. We got a home towner who fits our positional needs and understands the demands of our program.

Also I trust Dawn’s eye over HoopGurlz’s. Watkins, Kitts, Fulwiley and Tessa graded higher for Dawn than in the services. I believe Tac falls in that category. To add to that, Paopao was the best fit and had the biggest impact of ANY player in the portal.

And another thing….. This staff, and that includes Binetti, seem to do a great job of developing talent. Look at LSU, in three years the only player I feel who has gotten better is Flau’jae AND she has a personal trainer who works with her everyday. She is remarkably focused.

ESPN moved Hines up 9 spots after committing to LSU.

Seems like Dawn has earned that kind of respect. She has proven to be a good evaluater of talent. So Tac should be moving up, not down.

It doesn’t really matter, I guess. Just more incentive for our incoming class to play well.

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022
New video from the UCONN guy on Adhel Tac. Give it a view. The more views he gets for Carolina videos, the more he'll do, I'm sure. He gives a good explanation of Tac's injury. No reason she shouldn't play in 24-25.

thanks for sharing.

the more i watch Tac highlights from HS, the more she gives me a Teaira McCowan vibe.
praying for a healthy and productive career from this point on

The Coast is Clear

Joined Nov 27, 2019 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 25, 2022
New video from the UCONN guy on Adhel Tac. Give it a view. The more views he gets for Carolina videos, the more he'll do, I'm sure. He gives a good explanation of Tac's injury. No reason she shouldn't play in 24-25.

"She has the feet of a dancer and the hands of a surgeon."
She has very long arms, too.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
thanks for sharing.

the more i watch Tac highlights from HS, the more she gives me a Teaira McCowan vibe.
praying for a healthy and productive career from this point on

Get a very different feel, McCowan was huge but slow. She could not defend more than 5 feet from the basket and did not run the floor.

Have seen several highlight reels on Tac and the vibe I get is Tim Duncan, nicknamed “The Big Fundamental”. She Shoots up high, doesn’t bring the ball down on an O rebound, hands always at the ready to receive a pass, does not flail to block shots, already has a great drop step, footwork is very good. She just doesn’t have bad habits. Will not be unlearning things.

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022
Get a very different feel, McCowan was huge but slow. She could not defend more than 5 feet from the basket and did not run the floor.

Have seen several highlight reels on Tac and the vibe I get is Tim Duncan, nicknamed “The Big Fundamental”. She Shoots up high, doesn’t bring the ball down on an O rebound, hands always at the ready to receive a pass, does not flail to block shots, already has a great drop step, footwork is very good. She just doesn’t have bad habits. Will not be unlearning things.
Good points . Meant more in size & intimidating presence. She definitely seems to have a high motor & level of engagement.