2024 Phillies Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Slumpbuster?

Hopefully.

They're headed to Arizona, and the Diamondbacks are really hot right now. Not the type of team you'd like to face when you're still not operating at full strength/optimum level. But that's what's on the schedule, and this team doesn't seem to shirk away from competition.

FWIW, this was the first series the Fightins won since they swept the Dodgers in July. Kind of strange that they've had so much success against the Dodgers, especially with how the Phils have been playing over the past several weeks.

Reactions: Grant Green

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
I may have missed this being linked earlier in the week while I was coming back from the beach. Class Act. I hope everything works out with Freeman's kid.

Reactions: rudedude

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Feeling much better after that series win. Watched most of last night's game. That blown call was huge.

Reactions: rudedude

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Yeah it was. There was nothing Rojas could do there. We’ll take it though.
Considering there seems to be an egregiously bad blown call almost every other night, got to take 'em when ya can because the odds are good at some point one will go against you.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Projected starters for the Fightins - Diamondbacks series:

8/8 - Koby Allard - Jordan Montgomery
8/9 - Zack Wheeler - Ryne Nelson
8/10 - Aaron Nola - Zac Gellen
8/11 - Christopher Sanchez - TBD

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
LOL, I was about to compliment Estevez on his relief pitching. And then he threw a pick-off attempt to 1st base, and Harper wasn't even holding the runner, so the ball goes to the fence and careens into right field.

It costs him, as the next batter (McCarthy) is able to hit a fastball to center, which plated the guy on 2nd. That ended Estevez's scoreless streak as a Phillie.

No biggie, he still ended up getting the 3rd out, and also getting his 1st save as a Phillie.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionsAndBears

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
It’s not your father’s baseball anymore, heck it’s not even your baseball anymore.

A tip of the cap to the Phillies MVP so far and a re-visit to a fav Phillies topic- Schwarber hitting lead off. Strange game now but you just got done in LA and now playing the Snakes and these games have featured Ohtani, Schwarber, and Martel. Each are near the top of the league in OBP and Dingers while hitting lead off. Not the way I grew up, that’s for sure.

i don’t think people can appreciate the year Schwarber is having. At this stage of his career, you don’t see guys hitting 33 points over their career AVG line. That’s remarkable. Schwarber is crushing the league in walks and I think can still finish top 2 in dingers behind Ohtani. He can still lead the league in OBP this year. Sure he is hitting what you think he should but that is not what the back of his BB card says. You just don’t do what he’s doing with so much of a career already in the books.

We will have to pick something else to discuss rather than Schwarber hitting lead off. Unless you somehow find yourself in the Phillies dugout managing this team, that ain’t changing anytime soon.

Last edited:

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
I see my prediction of the Phillies being swept in all games on the road has successfully propelled them back into a solid lead in the division and back to winning games! Phillies, you are welcome! 😉😂😂😂
So, Franklin is not going to CBP?

Latest posts