2024 Phillies Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
that was butt ugly. The Fish's starter had never pitched into or past the 6th inning -- he was still mowing down the Fightins in the 7th. I believe I heard that this was only the 4th shutout of the Fightins this season.

• Sad
Reactions: Shadow99

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
I never bet more than a couple bucks. While I hope the Phils win the division, their play over the past month doesn't inspire confidence. Tonight against the team with the third worst winning percentage in MLB, they're garbage.
So that's a no?

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
They look and are pooped. Lots of playoff miles on these boys. I’m not even angry anymore. I think they’re truly cooked.

Last edited:
Reactions: LB99

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
I agree. I said it last week. They look like a team that has hit a wall both mentally and physically from playing a ton of baseball the last two and a half years.
It's a team on an extended losing streak. It happens all the time in baseball. You guys are reading way too much into it. It's a game of streaks and slumps. You just have to hope that they hit a streak around playoff time.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
It's a team on an extended losing streak. It happens all the time in baseball. You guys are reading way too much into it. It's a game of streaks and slumps. You just have to hope that they hit a streak around playoff time.
All true. In a normal team slump there are still some players who are productive but it's not enough to overcome other circumstances. The problem with the Phillies is everyone (with a couple exceptions) has been sucking at the same time. Hopefully they'll all snap out of it together and get back to where they were in the spring. Unfortunately they've been excruciating to watch the past few weeks.

Reactions: Grant Green

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Phillips gives up a 3 run homer in the first inning after hitting a batter, giving up a single., next batter singles. This team is imploding

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Ouch. I can't recall a baseball team with this many injuries. Sorry?
It's been nuts! Mike Harris just returned after a very long injury absence and hit a grand slam into McCovey Cove in his first at bat back. When Albies comes back they may be able to stay in the Wildcard and upset someone in the playoffs.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
It's been nuts! Mike Harris just returned after a very long injury absence and hit a grand slam into McCovey Cove in his first at bat back. When Albies comes back they may be able to stay in the Wildcard and upset someone in the playoffs.
The way the NL East is playing , it’s up for grabs.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Now that's a nice start. Wheeler goes 1-2-3 in the top of the 3rd. Then the Fights put 2 on and Bohm with a HR, then Casty follows with a solo HR. Phils still batting in the bottom of the 1st, with 1 out and up 4-0.

Reactions: Shadow99

Latest posts