2024 Phillies Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
ugly game. Aaron did not have his best stuff on the mound. The Fightins were trailing, and not putting much pressure on the Fish, but still within range to come back. Then Walker came in as a PH, and got lit up. An error on a throw by Trae Turner didn't help Walker.

Last edited:

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Phils' offense is garbage again tonight. Getting no hit through five innings and the Rays pitcher has only thrown 42 pitches. Maybe a switch will flip for the last half of the game.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
this would have been a great catch by Rojas, in the top of the 9th. Alas, just after Rojas caught the ball in the air, his wrist hit the top of the fence as he was coming down, and the ball popped out and thus was a HR.

Fortunately, the Fightins' pulled out the win in the bottom of the 9th:

Reactions: Shadow99

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Hard to get much better than this. A guy that grew up in the Philadelphia region (South Jersey), and has mostly been a minor leaguer, getting cheered in his at-bat in the bottom of the 9th.

Moms said “I’m rooting for him so bad”. The bank and its people are so special. I was running around Philly Friday and Sunday and rocked my Phillies hat. It’s such a club, so much love

Shadow99

Oct 25, 2021
this would have been a great catch by Rojas, in the top of the 9th. Alas, just after Rojas caught the ball in the air, his wrist hit the top of the fence as he was coming down, and the ball popped out and thus was a HR.

Said something similar in this thread when it was posted that Clemens was being brought back up from the minors:

He may not be at the same level as an "everyday player" that some of the Phillies stars are, but Clemens is certainly a GAMER, and has greatly benefitted the team this season.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

manatree

Oct 6, 2021

Watched the game last night and it was quite the roller coaster at the end. Can't fault Rojas on the homer, Got pretty steamed at Harper, but it was good that he was the first one to fess up on it after the game. Just trying to enjoy the ride.

CaseStudy

Oct 5, 2022
They need to take off the training wheels on Kerkering. He should be elevated to higher leverage situations and see more innings per appearance. I can't recall the last time he's pitched more than an inning. He has the best stuff of the entire staff when he's throwing strikes.

Latest posts