Any Memphis Area Dawgs Following the Tyre Nichols Story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
A young man runs from police and allegedly gets a severe beating and ends up dying in the hospital. The video is allegedly gruesome and may be released tomorrow. Riots may result.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Add this to the dude in LA who asked the police to stop to help after an accident and got tased to death. Something has to change somehow. We either have too many police who are gung ho looking to do harm, or too many who are so scared of a bad outcome for themselves that they ensure a bad outcome for others, or something...

Reactions: Dawgg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
2.2M arrests per year yet a handful of bad ones equals something systemic. Bad math and science.
I mean we could take the time to stack up all the videos of black dudes getting killed by cops against the same thing for white dudes, but it would take a lot of time just to prove that some people prefer to keep their head in the sand and pretend like outcomes don't differ by race.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
Add this to the dude in LA who asked the police to stop to help after an accident and got tased to death. Something has to change somehow. We either have too many police who are gung ho looking to do harm, or too many who are so scared of a bad outcome for themselves that they ensure a bad outcome for others, or something...
Keenan Anderson did not ask police to stop and help. He was involved in a traffic accident and fled the scene.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Hey guys rather than turning this into a political debate, let's keep this on the immediate issue that affects Memphis. I business concerns there and family who live there.

There is a huge thread on Tigerdroppings about, but 99.9% of the speculators don't live there. I'm concerned about having my folks safely tucked away if those on the ground are hearing the video will be released tomorrow and there's a reasonable assumptions that riots may occur.

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
"Nobody should ever die from a simple traffic stop"

This is the first I've heard of this incident and I agree with this quote from the article 100%. But, I have one statement to add to it, and it's so simple. Nobody should ever run from the police during a simple traffic stop either. It's not an excuse for the police, but when does running and resisting EVER turn out to be the right choice?

Last edited:

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
Hey guys rather than turning this into a political debate, let's keep this on the immediate issue that affects Memphis. I business concerns there and family who live there.

There is a huge thread on Tigerdroppings about, but 99.9% of the speculators don't live there. I'm concerned about having my folks safely tucked away if those on the ground are hearing the video will be released tomorrow and there's a reasonable assumptions that riots may occur.
Crime in Memphis is getting out of hand fast and is starting to spill over into Germantown. The current police chief CJ Davis is an absolute joke.

Even after the publicity of Eliza Fletcher's murder there was an attempted kidnapping Wednesday afternoon in the same area.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Crime in Memphis is getting out of hand fast and is starting to spill over into Germantown. The current police chief CJ Davis is an absolute joke.

Even after the publicity of Eliza Fletcher's murder there was an attempted kidnapping Wednesday afternoon in the same area.
There was an attempted kidnapping on video from somewhere on poplar I think back around new years. Woman came to her car and they got out of the car next to her blocking her in and were trying to grab her and she started screaming. A man nearby happen to see it (and was carrying) and came running up and the suspects backed out and fled in the car.

ETA found the video

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
I mean we could take the time to stack up all the videos of black dudes getting killed by cops against the same thing for white dudes, but it would take a lot of time just to prove that some people prefer to keep their head in the sand and pretend like outcomes don't differ by race.
Glad CNN still has you as a viewer. I'm sure they appreciate it

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
A young man runs from police and allegedly gets a severe beating and ends up dying in the hospital. The video is allegedly gruesome and may be released tomorrow. Riots may result.

Riot mobs are running a little behind. Supply chain issues, apparently. Not enough rioters. By the time they are done protesting the 500+ other Memphis murders that have taken place over the last 2 years, this will be old news.****

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
There was an attempted kidnapping on video from somewhere on poplar I think back around new years. Woman came to her car and they got out of the car next to her blocking her in and were trying to grab her and she started screaming. A man nearby happen to see it (and was carrying) and came running up and the suspects backed out and fled in the car.

ETA found the video

she is alive solely because this man chose to arm himself.... he should have shot em all in the head... twice...

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
You and I must be looking at two different things or you didn't watch the whole clip. Yeah, he told them to stop but every time they did he resisted and then fled. He died because he was dumb. Not because of the police.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004

ETA found the video

Another attempted kidnapping today east of midtown.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

ETA found the video

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012

Yawn…good ole boys gone good ole boy…and don’t forget to back the blue

ETA: Nothing will come of it, it’ll be considered justified, slap on the wrist yada yada yada in before the lock

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
We can compare numbers if you want, but the figures aren’t going to prove what you want them to prove. I’ll save you the research that you weren’t going to do any way. White dudes are more likely to be killed by police than black dudes.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
"Nobody should ever die from a simple traffic stop"

This is the first I've heard of this incident and I agree with this quote from the article 100%. But, I have one statement to add to it, and it's so simple. Nobody should ever run from the police during a simple traffic stop either. It's not an excuse for the police, but when does running and resisting EVERY turn out to be the right choice?
Correct. There is the help yourself aspect. I was taught when pulled over to roll my window down, turn on the dome light (if at night) and put my hands on the wheel. Still, the statistics seem disproportionate, and when I imagine a black dude
We can compare numbers if you want, but the figures aren’t going to prove what you want them to prove. I’ll save you the research that you weren’t going to do any way. White dudes are more likely to be killed by police than black dudes.
Yes, in raw count but not as a percentage

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Shortness of breath......hmm, could be several things. The autopsy should reveal the cause. Could be congenital heart disease or possibly even a heart defect caused from Covid vaccinations.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
That’s on 196MM whites vs 42MM blacks. 374 whites killed by police vs 220 blacks. That is statistically significant. I don’t make things up and if I post about numbers it’s because I know I’m right not because I’m trying to support some position. The reason I hold the position is because I have done the research. Now why do you hold the obviously incorrect view? Because it sounds better to you and absolves you of doing anything about it if you just deny it?

Attachments

• 7F366ED3-3727-40A9-9DC2-42B669171982.jpeg
    7F366ED3-3727-40A9-9DC2-42B669171982.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 10

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
My wife works downtown and she is scared to go tomorrow. They already have been issued a "High Alert" warning. She works on Main St and has had more incidents this past year by a large margin from past years. I myself got stuck in the middle of a few not kosher situations that I had not encountered in years past times that I would take her in or pick her up.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
My wife works downtown and she is scared to go tomorrow. They already have been issued a "High Alert" warning. She works on Main St and has had more incidents this past year by a large margin from past years. I myself got stuck in the middle of a few not kosher situations that I had not encountered in years past times that I would take her in or pick her up.
If the video is released, she doesn’t need to be anywhere near downtown.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Um more white dudes get killed by cops than black dudes.

2 to 1 in fact.

Bbbbbbuuutttt population percentages!

Ok so demographic stAtistics matter?

how about the demographics where people get killed by the cops? Well it’s overwhelmingly in mostly black communities where crime is high.

you are stupid.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Yawn…good ole boys gone good ole boy…and don’t forget to back the blue

ETA: Nothing will come of it, it’ll be considered justified, slap on the wrist yada yada yada in before the lock
My interpretation of the term "good ole boys" is that you assume the policemen to be white... Is that what you're saying?

Because I can't wait to watch the narrative flip if that turns out not to be the case.

muddawgs

Aug 22, 2012
I imagine the cops will be arrested prior to the release of the video which hopefully keep riots down. That's just speculation on my part. It was 3 black cops that did the beating and yeah I've been told it's worse than the Rodney King beating. Looks like they will be charged by the state and federally. Apparently, they know they are screwed and going to prison for a long time. Always remember there is always a camera somewhere. If the video is what I've been told, it's going to be sickening and these POS deserve everything they have coming to them. Hopefully, this keeps this kind of crap from happening again.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Um more white dudes get killed by cops than black dudes.

2 to 1 in fact.

Bbbbbbuuutttt population percentages!

Ok so demographic stAtistics matter?

how about the demographics where people get killed by the cops? Well it’s overwhelmingly in mostly black communities where crime is high.

you are stupid.
I’ll just point to my later post where I cited the numbers. There is a statistical anomaly In Those numbers and it doesn’t have a political agenda. It simply suggests, to those who don’t mind acknowledging uncomfortable facts, that we have an issue that needs to be understood and corrected.

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I’ll just point to my later post where I cited the numbers. There is a statistical anomaly I. Those numbers and it doesn’t have a political agenda. It simply suggests, to those who don’t mind acknowledging uncomfortable facts, that we have an issue that needs to be understood and corrected.
Are you referring to a lack of a solid family nucleus of mom and dad in a loving relationship in the home and active in raising their children to be responsible adults?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login