Articles explaining what's happening starting 10/1...

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
SixPackSpeak will continue to be a free message board. I want to make that clear.

On3 launching Mississippi State Bulldogs fan site

Mississippi State Bulldogs fan site FAQ
Where does this place you in the pecking order on decisions with six pack? Honestly all the moving with pay boards over the years has watered them down and because of mergers and splits and mergers again and buyouts have gotten 24/7 genes page to where it is. I like the direction you have given this board as an anti genes page home. Hoping with launching a full fan site with writers doesn't change that. I've been a member of the other boards but have always like sixpack better a lot because of the leadership and the posters here.

7Dust

Sep 1, 2023
But full of new Gene's Pagers? Please, nooooooo
Those are fighting words to some of us.....
!
Shocked Conor Mcgregor GIF by UFC

Last edited:

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Where does this place you in the pecking order on decisions with six pack? Honestly all the moving with pay boards over the years has watered them down and because of mergers and splits and mergers again and buyouts have gotten 24/7 genes page to where it is. I like the direction you have given this board as an anti genes page home. Hoping with launching a full fan site with writers doesn't change that. I've been a member of the other boards but have always like sixpack better a lot because of the leadership and the posters here.
Honestly don't see that changing. I hate to use this word but the "culture" of sixpack won't change. You either like it or you don't. If you don't - there are plenty of other options.

My thought is this - people already post on 247 and here and they will continue to post on a premium board (247 and/or On3) and post here. That won't change. The people that don't want to subscribe still can post here for free. The person that is coming to run the site (insert smiley) will hit the ground running on 10/1 and do a great job.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Honestly don't see that changing. I hate to use this word but the "culture" of sixpack won't change. You either like it or you don't. If you don't - there are plenty of other options.

My thought is this - people already post on 247 and here and they will continue to post on a premium board (247 and/or On3) and post here. That won't change. The people that don't want to subscribe still can post here for free. The person that is coming to run the site (insert smiley) will hit the ground running on 10/1 and do a great job.
No doubt smiley coming will do a good job. Interested to see what the premium board offers. Everyone knows we break news on 6 pack from strip clubs in Atlanta!

Reactions: josebrown

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Something very full-circle about this, as you young'uns fled Gene's page to start this site back in the day. Maybe there'll be a splinter group of Six Pack Speakers dedicated to the making Mississippi State football the new home of the fun and gun.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018

Will you have to be a paying member to use the ticket exchange or will that be free? Thanks

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
This might be worth a dollar:

• Enhanced user experience with no slideshows and no video player in articles unless the video is about the actual article

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
This might be worth a dollar:

• Enhanced user experience with no slideshows and no video player in articles unless the video is about the actual article
I'll definitely pay $1 for that. I'll reevaluate once the regular price comes out.

The part about being able to cancel without calling sealed the deal.

Reactions: woozman

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Are you going to be paying each member on how many likes they get on a post or is that still just for me?*

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Something very full-circle about this, as you young'uns fled Gene's page to start this site back in the day. Maybe there'll be a splinter group of Six Pack Speakers dedicated to the making Mississippi State football the new home of the fun and gun.
The exiles have returned and now rule the city.

I'm sure there will be a few posters that need to be reminded that venting is allowed. People get unreasonable during and right after games.

I think 6pack ultimately has always strived to allow open discussion that for the most part self corrects itself when people get too far off the path.

Have a good short honest take and get on with it. Ain't nobody got time for your perpetual manifestos.

Reactions: Fritz!

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
The exiles have returned and now rule the city.

I'm sure there will be a few posters that need to be reminded that venting is allowed. People get unreasonable during and right after games.

I think 6pack ultimately has always strived to allow open discussion that for the most part self corrects itself when people get too far off the path.

Have a good short honest take and get on with it. Ain't nobody got time for your perpetual manifestos.
I really don’t see many of those people coming. Starting Sunday, there will be a premium board and a free board (this one).

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login