Basketball…..seems like we have a lot of guards….

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
…..are we looking at as good of a season as I think we are? I am a tad worried about the inside players but Murphy and Matthews make me optimistic.

I think we have a Sweet 16 team. But I know little about basketball. Just not my forte (no jokes please).

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
…..are we looking at as good of a season as I think we are? I am a tad worried about the inside players but Murphy and Matthews make me optimistic.

I think we have a Sweet 16 team. But I know little about basketball. Just not my forte (no jokes please).
If we have a lot of guards, then we should be pressing like the “40 minutes of hell” Nolan Richardson teams.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I think we’ll be decent but not sure what to expect down low. Schedule looks like the classic Mississippi State schedule of the last ten years with a better non conference slate than usual. Probably lose 2-3 non conference. Enter SEC play, win 1-2, then hit murderers row. We’ll have a losing SEC record halfway through conference play. Everyone here will freak out. Our schedule will get easier, and we’ll win games and get into the tournament in the 7-11 range. Would love to be better than that, but this is what I’m expecting

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I think we’ll be decent but not sure what to expect down low. Schedule looks like the classic Mississippi State schedule of the last ten years with a better non conference slate than usual. Probably lose 2-3 non conference. Enter SEC play, win 1-2, then hit murderers row. We’ll have a losing SEC record halfway through conference play. Everyone here will freak out. Our schedule will get easier, and we’ll win games and get into the tournament in the 7-11 range. Would love to be better than that, but this is what I’m expecting
I think we’re better than that. We have a real coach and a real roster

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
It's Mississippi State so I have high expectations. But seriously folks. We do have 3 big centers. Plus Jones who can play center with a small lineup. Sounds like Jans is optimistic but you know how it goes. Can't be as bad as football.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It’s a complete flip from the last couple of years and they will have to rely on perimeter play to get it done. The 5 is a complete unknown at this point. Rebounding is going to potentially be a struggle and that might limit the wins for this team.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
You left out the part about fans "freaking out" about lack of attendance in December and January, the complaining about not having students seated in a particular place, and the lack of parking.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login