Battle of HWY 82 Game Thread

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
There is just nothing about our offense that can stress a defense with Alabama talent. They are sitting back, playing safe, and letting us beat ourselves. Unfortunately, we are obliging.
When the guys on the field start seeing all those flags thrown it gets in their heads. They just don't play well after that. It's not fair for schools like Miss State. Too much bias from the SEC and the refs against schools like us. They need Bama to win and will turn blind eye. They cannot not let us be good or win.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
That is not targeting. He broke down. He didn’t launch. He hit him in the chest. But it’s Bama so I’m sure he’s toast.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Well guys peace out. Looked like in the beginning we were standing with them but we couldn't execute to get any confidence or positive emotions flowing.

Attachments

• Towel.jpg
    Towel.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Croomonshrooms

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Reversed call. That just made posters scramble to align reality with the narrative that refs are actively screwing MSU.

My guess is - "well they give MSU a call now that the game is out of reach!"

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
You hate the rule? I love the rule. This is just a game, it isn't war- rules need to exist to keep people's heads reasonably protected so they can continue to live off the field.

Just don't launch your skull into an opponent's skull. That isn't too much to ask.
It's football man. It's a violent game. It's a risk you have to accept when you step on the field. If you don't want to take that risk then you have every right NOT to play the game. Nobody is forcing you to play. This isn't Russia running press gangs to get cannon fodder to go die in Ukraine.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
We don't have a pulse compared to them. Especially not on the road.
I don't want to hear this weak **** either. A&M had a pulse against them. Are they more talented? Sure. That doesn't mean we have to be flat out incompetent.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It's football man. It's a violent game. It's a risk you have to accept when you step on the field. If you don't want to take that risk then you have every right NOT to play the game. Nobody is forcing you to play. This isn't Russia running press gangs to get cannon fodder to go die in Ukraine.
As far as I know, there have always been limitations to what is/isn't allowed in terms of contact.
Adjusting rules to improve safety while still allowing contact should be universally praised.
If you change a rule and it impacts 2% of plays while significantly reducing the chances for head injuries, that seems like an obvious positive.

TIL that isn't an obvious positive. Let's have em go play without pads and helmets too!

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Late in the second quarter and we have the ball. We'll give up another TD before half time like we've done all year.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Every pass 2 throws is contested. Every single one of them.

I wish the broadcast crew would spend some time in the second half talking about how this gimmick won’t work in this league.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Herbstreet say don't hit Bammer.
Kirk Herbstreit the Fake Crier |  I DON'T ALWAYS FAKE CRY; BUT WHEN I DO ITS REALLY EMBARRASSING | image tagged in sport | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login