Beaver Stadium $25 million donation (Edited to add another 10 million) (Edited again for another 10 million)

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
They should have done more.

Baby Reaction GIF

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
Hmm…what would I ask for if I donated $25m?

All old urinal troughs reinstalled.
Smaller seats with no backs
More slippery concrete in WA
More stadium swaying in the north endzone
And lastly….drumroll…

A PA announcement during every game asking that Judy from Muncie please visit the first aid station under the west stands.

Sharkies

Nov 1, 2021
Very nice.

I've met the Misitano family quite a few times. They are quite friendly, and have been very generous in their support of PSU, PSU athletics, and SuePa's Special Olympics.

Always great to see, when you look at Brittany's facebook page that one of her cover photos is of her and Franco Harris and another is of the site where the Joe statue once stood, and instead a banner is there with the full "they ask me what i'd like written about me when i'm gone... " quote from Joe.

Meanwhile, can't see much on Cathy's, but hers include Franco Harris & none other than JVP as well...

Always great to see.

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021

And lastly….drumroll…

A PA announcement during every game asking that Judy from Muncie please visit the first aid station under the west stands.
How about a room to smoke your meat!

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
Come on Step. You can be much more negative than that! 😉
My Debbie-Downer personality believes:

If IA can pay 60mill per yr for the next 20 yrs, the total loan + interest should be about 1.3 +/- billion. ( 700 mill loan + 550 mill in interest.)

Raising the student tuition about $750 per year + whatever IA contributes should be able to help cover the yearly payment.
Or
Maybe PSU could charge some type of athletic contribution as part of the tuition.

Last edited:

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
My Debbie-Downer personality believes:

If IA can pay 60mill per yr for the next 20 yrs, the total loan + interest should be about 1.3 +/- billion. ( 700 mill loan + 550 mill in interest.

Raising the student tuition about $750 per year + whatever IA contributes should be able to help cover the yearly payment.
Everything with college football is so fluid right now. Football is heading to a super league soon. Revenue sharing is coming as early as next season. The NCAA is allowing at least 3 different sponsors on the football field. Beaver Stadium naming rights could be worth a considerable amount of money.

Playfly and Elevate were brought in to find creative ways to generate new revenue. Thinking old school traditional PSU ways to pay off the debt is behind the times.

Last edited:

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
Everything with college football is so fluid right now. Football is heading to a super league soon. Revenue sharing is coming as early as next season. The NCAA is allowing at least 3 different sponsors on the football field. Beaver Stadium naming rights could be worth a considerable amount of money.

Playfly and Elevate were brought in to find creative ways to generate new revenue. Thinking old school tradittional PSU ways to pay off the debt is behind the times.
Old School - No one needs to be informed how the money will be raised for the stadium construction.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Old School - No one needs to be informed how the money will be raised for the stadium construction.
That's for the ICA to figure out, not me. Way above my pay grade Step. I just love going to games, especially with my kids. I'll pick and choose what games get to by affordability and timing. There's way too many angry people here worried about things that don't effect their bank account if they chose not to participate.

Georgia Peach

Oct 28, 2021
Sorry for the good news today. Who's going to be the first to say only $675mm to go? 🤡

Wonderful gift. I hope they got their pick of the luxury suites.

I am reminded of an incident in a community where I live. SEC and ACC coaches were here for the Peach Bowl Challenge. As told to me by an official scorer who followed Kirby Smart's foursome, at lunch a booster waited outside to speak with Kirby. When he was finally ushered over to Kirby's table, he introduced himself to Kirby and said, "coach, I donated 1 million dollars to your program and I hope it helps you meet your obligations so that we can continue with the success". Kirby thanked him and said that he appreciated the support. Not much else was said. As the booster shuffled away, apparently disappointed that there was not more *** kissing, Kirby turned to his lunch companions and said, "the guy does not understand, a million dollars is nothing these days".

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Wonderful gift. I hope they got their pick of the luxury suites.

I am reminded of an incident in a community where I live. SEC and ACC coaches were here for the Peach Bowl Challenge. As told to me by an official scorer who followed Kirby Smart's foursome, at lunch a booster waited outside to speak with Kirby. When he was finally ushered over to Kirby's table, he introduced himself to Kirby and said, "coach, I donated 1 million dollars to your program and I hope it helps you meet your obligations so that we can continue with the success". Kirby thanked him and said that he appreciated the support. Not much else was said. As the booster shuffled away, apparently disappointed that there was not more *** kissing, Kirby turned to his lunch companions and said, "the guy does not understand, a million dollars is nothing these days".
Then there was this.

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
Can someone explain to a simpleton like me, what exactly is wrong with the Stadium? $700 million gets me what that I don’t already have sitting in Section NE? For that kinda coin somebody should be helping me smoke some meat!

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
Can someone explain to a simpleton like me, what exactly is wrong with the Stadium? $700 million gets me what that I don’t already have sitting in Section NE? For that kinda coin somebody should be helping me smoke some meat!
That’s one of the big questions I have as well and part of the reason that I’m with Barry on needing more transparency from the BOT

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021

And lastly….drumroll…

* Fix the ORV parking. No, don't fix it. Expand it to as far as people will pay for it.
* Scott Paterno was right (one of few times). Repeal the keg ban.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Then there was this.

Nobody is complaining about this donation. It's FANTASTIC!

That said we keep hearing about how we're losing recruits due to insufficient NIL money. This year's class is likely to finish in the bottom half of the top 20. Next year most of our recruits from the #6 ranked 2022 class will be gone so recruiting is a legitimate concern. It's fair to talk about this. It is NOT in any way a criticism of the Misitano family.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
I understand the need for maintenance and weatherproofing. I also understand the need for some upgrades. The question is if we could have done a lot of this for $400 million vs $700 million. I see a number of schools going through an upgrade (Tennessee, Florida, Florida State, Nebraska, and even the Cotton Bowl) but none of them approach $700m.

I know a lot of the big donors give to both facilities AND NIL. I just worry that the more we try to get for the stadium the less we'll be able to get for NIL. JMO.

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
I understand the need for maintenance and weatherproofing. I also understand the need for some upgrades. The question is if we could have done a lot of this for $400 million vs $700 million. I see a number of schools going through an upgrade (Tennessee, Florida, Florida State, Nebraska, and even the Cotton Bowl) but none of them approach $700m.

I know a lot of the big donors give to both facilities AND NIL. I just worry that the more we try to get for the stadium the less we'll be able to get for NIL. JMO.
Yes, 700 seems a bit much compared to the others you listed, but until full plans are released no one knows what we are getting for it

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Good grief. The fact that this even has to be addressed is embarrassing.

I think (don't know for sure) that Fitz's tweet was in reference to what happened in the Lions Den. Shortly after the announcement about the $25M donation was posted, somebody responded that it would have been better spent on NIL. That caused a lot of back and forth about that in the thread. It did show some ignorance on the subject, as the Misitano family have been very, very generous in NIL donations, and also staged a matching challenge for NIL.

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
IIRC...one of the proposals was to include a large open air, outdoor cocktail lounge between the 10/20 yd lines on the WEST side.
Blue area mark-up below on stadium seating.

rudedude

Nov 1, 2023

Got this yesterday to inquire about possible options and prices in regard to seating options and amenities. Just give me a regular chair back, escalator to the upper level, larger concourses, improved restrooms, and that will be fine.
Most options appear to be for the more “well-heeled” patrons, but no options on the survey for the “regular folks”.

Prices range from $2000 to $6000 per seat and appears to include parking, private entrances (if at that level), lounges, food and beverages, etc.

Survey Link:
https://www.on3.com/boards/threads/beaver-stadium-renovation-survey.1148690/

1723737029172.png

1723738963377.png

Reactions: Bison13

Latest posts