ESPN on YTTV

was21

May 29, 2007
So accustomed to DirecTV guide, (still using satellite) that all of these other streaming services are so confusing that will probably stay with DirecTV, either sat or streaming. They all eventually end up costing about the same at the end of the day, or month or whatever.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If Disney wanted to they could say screw the other Live or streaming services and add live espn sports to Disney plus as an added package and charge 60-70 a month for it and people will do it. They have all the leverage and they know it

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
If Disney wanted to they could say screw the other Live or streaming services and add live espn sports to Disney plus as an added package and charge 60-70 a month for it and people will do it. They have all the leverage and they know it

Inside baseball. Comcast, DirecTV and all the other cable companies "lobby" ESPN so they won't go direct. If they do it's basically the end of the TV basic package as we have known it. And the end of cable companies selling TV.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
They won't. Disney owns congress. Look at the history of copyrights getting extended. It happens every time the mouse is about to expire and enter the public domain.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
All this tells me is that ESPN has a monopoly- this needs to be addressed.

662dawg

Oct 22, 2012
I can’t believe they went through with it. Frankly the only reason we have YouTube at all is for live sports, and they already dropped the regional Fox/Bally stations a while back. Without ESPN, they’re essentially worthless to me

Same here. I’ll be canceling if it isn’t resolved pretty soon.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Whatever happens u will not do Hulu.., Disney is the problem not YouTube tv… I they are standing up and trying to hold prices down. I may do sling if forced or done other alternative but not for awhile yet

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login