Good thread from the pay board - What's your unpopular State opinion?

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Honestly, as hot as most of our games are, I'm pretty much wearing white no matter what.

Gutsy move. Manziere or no manziere?

sexy chris hemsworth GIF

• Haha
Reactions: horshack.sixpack

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The 2015 football team was better than the 2014 and the 2010 football teams and was actually the best Mississippi State football team of the modern era, but not by a wide margin.
Dak was better the rest was not. If 2015 passing dak was present in 2014 we make playoff. Our line was horrendous in 2015. Our running game was not as good in 15 either.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I'm curious of your answer @POTUS
I think I misspoke. Most of my qualms are with on3, not the fact there is a pay board. I just miss the vibe of the old board.

Threaded View, Customizable Up & Down Votes, Slogans, etc. This one is fancier, but I like the old one better.

As for the pay board, I would argue that what makes this board fun is the users. I have no use for inside recruiting info (and suspect it's all worthless anyway) so the idea of paying to hear the opinions of other clueless State fans seems silly when I can come read all the idiots here for free.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Regarding our sports programs, I don't dwell on the past. You will rarely find me sitting and pining over any of our programs or coaches from our past years.

The new State script logo is OK, but it's not worth the amount of constant bickering.

I used to think we bitched more than any other fanbase, and then I looked at some other sports boards, and we are pretty mild.

The only opinion I have that people probably wouldn't like is that we will never be a serious contender for all the sports in this conference; well, not as much as we think we should be. We should always strive to improve, but some expectations are unrealistic. Most of our programs are now pretty successful, except for the current state of baseball.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I think I misspoke. Most of my qualms are with on3, not the fact there is a pay board. I just miss the vibe of the old board.

Threaded View, Customizable Up & Down Votes, Slogans, etc. This one is fancier, but I like the old one better.

As for the pay board, I would argue that what makes this board fun is the users. I have no use for inside recruiting info (and suspect it's all worthless anyway) so the idea of paying to hear the opinions of other clueless State fans seems silly when I can come read all the idiots here for free.
I have access to the pay board, but I very rarely look at it. It tends to drag on.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Dak was better the rest was not. If 2015 passing dak was present in 2014 we make playoff. Our line was horrendous in 2015. Our running game was not as good in 15 either.

If you're great because you have the greatest player in school history having his best season, a bad O Line doesn't make the overall team result less great. Every team has stronger and weaker elements.

Reactions: Maroon13

patdog

May 28, 2007
2000 was the song worst coaching job I’ve ever seen besides the Arnett disaster. We should’ve been in the SECCG, but lost to the 4 worst teams on our schedule. Pathetic. And that was the beginning of the end for the Jackal.
I've always said people look at the wrong date for the day the Jackie Sherrill era died. It wasn't 9/11. It was Saturday night, October 21, 2000 in Tiger Stadium when we blew two 14-point leads and Joe Lee Dunn's vaunted defense gave up 45 points.
Said this on the pay board and I'll also say it here:

We should have enclosed both end zones and chairbacked the lower bowl in the east and west side before even thinking about adding the second deck.
Wrong. End zone seats suck. I’ll go to the upper deck with no hesitation. But I’m not buying a ticket in the end zone.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Most of our programs are now pretty successful, except for the current state of baseball.

The most recent MSU baseball team was a consensus Top 20 in the nation.

If that's somehow unsuccessful, I don't think you're in the correct fan base for your mental health. They were easily the best team among the Big 3 sports this past season.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If you're great because you have the greatest player in school history having his best season, a bad O Line doesn't make the overall team result less great. Every team has stronger and weaker elements.
I'm just saying 2014 with 2015 version of dak would be the overall best team. It had a lot more pieces. Better defense, better line and running game. Dak just wasn't as polished a passer and that hurt us two games that year. 2015 him likely wins those games with the line and running game.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I'm just saying 2014 with 2015 version of dak would be the overall best team. It had a lot more pieces. Better defense, better line and running game. Dak just wasn't as polished a passer and that hurt us two games that year. 2015 him likely wins those games with the line and running game.
2018 was the best team we’ve arguably ever had from a sheer talent perspective. 2014 was fun, but I’m not even sure they were one of the 2 best teams we’ve had in the last 15 seasons

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
If our elitist little sisters to the north hadn’t balked on adding an Ag school, we’d have a mega university and would all be yelling HYDR a lot and raving about the Groooooove.
I thought they set up the Ag school and hired the professors, but nobody came. Yeoman farmers didn't want their sons mixing with pseudo-aristocracy.

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023
Best thing that came out of StarkVegas was the Edam cheese with the walking bulldog on the carton outside.
Everyone wanted it..
But only a few got it
But we wasn’t called StarkVegas then

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
One of my favorite things about college football is tradition and pageantry. And ours completely sucks. Stand up, watch a video, get excited, sit down and calm down, watch another video, stand up, sit, here’s a video, here’s an ad, do a cheer, play Madelone, here’s an ad, will ferrel, sit back down, give me another t, stand up again, start ringing, stop ringing for the ad, here’s the team running out, now watch another add, do 2 more different cheers that are abbreviated then kick. We have 37 different motions to go through before the game starts. Then when the game finally starts we can’t figure out how to prioritize the band vs the jumbotron’s sponsored interruptions.

Reactions: Gooserip

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I've always said people look at the wrong date for the day the Jackie Sherrill era died. It wasn't 9/11. It was Saturday night, October 21, 2000
I say the Sherrill era died whatever date (late 2000) Mal Moore Informed him that he didn't get the Bama job. That had to kill all the wind in his sails.