Hit me with posters you wish were still active on this board

patdog

May 28, 2007
Thanks for you guys remembering Original48. He loved this board! I still get my MSU inside info here since he can't give me the scoop/hot takes/sarcasm/dumb opinions from y'all anymore. :) It will be 3 years this Friday since he died. I search his posts here sometimes and it makes me laugh. Thank you for the years of entertainment Dawgstudent.

MrsOriginal48
I only met your husband a couple of times at some of the old Bulldogs at Brents Fridays. But he made an immediate impression on me. Just a really nice and friendly guy. I sure hated to hear that he left us way too soon.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Thanks for you guys remembering Original48. He loved this board! I still get my MSU inside info here since he can't give me the scoop/hot takes/sarcasm/dumb opinions from y'all anymore. :) It will be 3 years this Friday since he died. I search his posts here sometimes and it makes me laugh. Thank you for the years of entertainment Dawgstudent.

MrsOriginal48
Awesome tribute! Sorry for your loss. Here in SPS land, he was good dude!

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I came here after coach34 left. He was really that bad?
I don't know him irl, so I won't call him bad. His posting persona sucked. Knew it all. Has not been wrong to date, to my knowledge (I don't ED so I can't be sure.). He is the king of childish nicknames for players he doesn't like both on our team and not. I know that when i was new to SPS I asked the board if he was a real person or just running some kind of irritating online schtick and was assured he was real.

Aside: I used to lurk on ED when it first started. I can't recall the circumstances, but at some point relatively early on he got banned from his own board. Imagine DCD banning DS on here...

Reactions: AFDawg and Dawgg

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
I don't know him irl, so I won't call him bad. His posting persona sucked. Knew it all. Has not been wrong to date, to my knowledge (I don't ED so I can't be sure.). He is the king of childish nicknames for players he doesn't like both on our team and not. I know that when i was new to SPS I asked the board if he was a real person or just running some kind of irritating online schtick and was assured he was real.

Aside: I used to lurk on ED when it first started. I can't recall the circumstances, but at some point relatively early on he got banned from his own board. Imagine DCD banning DS on here...
He's the biggest jerk one will ever meet IRL. Played ball vs him in HS and went to State while he was there. Had many of the same friends. Everyone knew how he was/is then.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I came here after coach34 left. He was really that bad?

My biggest problem with him was that he considered himself a big X's and O's guy, but his posts often devolved into this irrational hate for specific players (like Tyler Russell) and coaches (like Stansbury).

I feel like dismantling a Coach34 hot take was a longtime right of passage for SPS members. In fact, I'm pretty sure my first ever post here was in response to him complaining about Tyler Russell's passing yards using a common opponent with Clemson when our average starting field position was like 20 yards shorter than Clemson's.

Plus, I always thought it was kind of funny that he had this irrational hate for Stansbury, but used him as his avatar, so every time he posted, I always read his posts in Stansbury's voice.

Reactions: AFDawg

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
#3 is MuttTheHarpole I believe. I can’t remember exactly what he posted to get banned. He did push that schtick to the absolute edge and found it.
Mutt’s misogynistic posts were great. Some people got their panties in a wad over it. I’m guessing those posters’ wives regret their nuptial arrangements, if they hadn’t already changed them. Grow a sense of humor.
I think he got banned for repeatedly going off about our players IQ’s. It wasn’t clear if those were jokes. If they were, they weren’t his best work.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I am sure not all the old posters would be headed to my playground. Now that would be a fun list of the guys no longer with us. Which ones would get to see me? Which would get a home in the silver city? To add an extra layer. Of the ones that would be sent to me what would be their sin and the torture you would suggest for them?
You mean support for MSU isn’t torture enough?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Mutt’s misogynistic posts were great. Some people got their panties in a wad over it. I’m guessing those posters’ wives regret their nuptial arrangements, if they hadn’t already changed them. Grow a sense of humor.
I think he got banned for repeatedly going off about our players IQ’s. It wasn’t clear if those were jokes. If they were, they weren’t his best work.
He would bash women in most posts and turn around and talk about how damn smart his daughter was, going to go to MS Math & Science school etc.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022

MrsOriginal48
OMG this is great. I can't believe it's been 3 years, but so glad to know you're here and still scan the board once in a while. Your husband is on the alltime list of funniest/best posters on SPS, and on my personal alltime list of great dudes in real life. Love that guy.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
He would bash women in most posts and turn around and talk about how damn smart his daughter was, going to go to MS Math & Science school etc.
This. A schtick works if you're consistent and clever. Mutt just missed the mark too much for it to be funny most of the time.

@ClintonInHelen on the other hand knows how to take care of business. What are your thoughts on Mutt's daughter Clinton? Assuming she's of age by now.

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
KurtRambis4

As my old signature used to say (something along the lines of....)

"We can only hope to reach the success that southern cal, florida, alabama, lsu, and Mississippi reach year in and year out" - KurtRambis4

FluorideDawg

Sep 29, 2022
I miss Sylvester Cream. If any of you remember those few weeks **** posts from him and a few other guys it was good for a few laughs. I think that was 2-3 years ago at this point.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
I knew Mutt pretty well in high school and saw him a few years ago. Very bright guy and not a mean bone in his body. His sarcasm and wit did not translate well online and he was not an emoticon kind of guy .

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login