I can't believe I am asking this but is Lemonis's "hot seat" next year...

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Just proves my earlier point in this thread even further, we got beat by a team that went 19-35 on the year and he was pitching well then. They outhit us 11-4 that day!

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Just proves my earlier point in this thread even further, we got beat by a team that went 19-35 on the year and he was pitching well then. They outhit us 11-4 that day!

Doesn’t prove anything. Nobody disputes that we had individual games and stretches where we struggled at the plate….even against bad teams. The same was true last year. But our hitting got better as the year went on, and our pitching got way, way worse with the injuries. And as both of those things happened, the record got worse. The pitching was and is the issue.

TNT.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
now different? If State follows up next season with a year like this past one - is it possible the unrest will be heightened more because of the Ole Miss championship? I think the national championship changed things for expectations for next season. I thought Lemonis could survive another bad year but I'm not sure now.

I think some of it depends on UM. If we piss out next year like we did this year and don't even make a regional and then if UM ends up back in Omaha along with Arky and some other SEC regulars, I think his seat will be red hot. Do I think he'll be let go at that point? Nope.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login