I know it's been a long time since I was in college but Marketing used to a study in trying to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Making money isn’t the goal for most of these ad campaigns. It’s proselytizing of their woke theology. Many of the people involved in these controversial campaigns would do it all over again, if given the choice. It’s religion to them and worth the monetary sacrifices.
There are large liberal share holders of many major companies pushing this.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

I remember back when it was smuggled across the Mississippi River.

ETA - this came out before the Miller light campaign started.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Haha you’re going to have him drinking a malt liquor soon
Damn, looks like the whole beer world is effed up.......I do like Amstel though so don't tell me they're on the LGBTQ kick as well......If so, may just have to stick to TN whiskey or KY bourbon.......What about Fat Tire......Heard it's a good brew.......

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
I saw a Youtube video on this yesterday about why this is happening. One major reason is the big corporations don't have millions in the bank, but they have access to millions of dollars. When they need to make their short term obligations (think suppliers, employees, etc.) , they take out loans with the promise they'll pay them back once their creditors pay them. So why make "woke" advertisements? Well, the loans are often tied to ESG scores. The S is social and it is completely anti-consumer. It basically means that the company has a social score and if it isn't high enough, they won't be able to get the loan. If they go too "Woke" then their consumers can get angry and boycott. So why don't they go get a loan that isn't tied to an ESG score? Well those are getting harder and harder to find.

But like one of the comments said - "They are gonna cure alcoholism."
Bingo

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
There are large liberal share holders of many major companies pushing this.
Does the commercial being discussed here really fall under “being pushed by liberals”… it’s a commercial about women being involved in beer in other ways than advertising it in a bikini? I don’t want to shock you guys but women can vote and own property now…

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Damn, looks like the whole beer world is effed up.......I do like Amstel though so don't tell me they're on the LGBTQ kick as well......If so, may just have to stick to TN whiskey or KY bourbon.......What about Fat Tire......Heard it's a good brew.......
Heineken makes Amstel. And they as a subsidiary have been pretty active in inclusive HR policies.
Remember you can’t drink Jack or Woodford either.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I’ll drink Steel Reserve. No white semi-attractive bra-less bi tch will ever endorse that s h I t
I don't drink beer. I just brought this up because I thought the commercial was silly. They were really trying to be funny by using the word **** bleeped out throughout the spot, but it didn't work very well.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Losing your job because you won't take the clot shot is really triggering.
How someone can manage to retain their job while living with such a disconnected reality that they still think, after 2.5 years of data, the covid vaccinations are 'clot shots', is very impressive.
You have to work hard every day to hide that level of crazy.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
This Miller Lite ad-
- it was funny because it addressed an elephant in the room- historically, over the top sexualization was a prominent part of beer advertising. Think 80s and early 90s Spudz Mackenzie period of commercials. SNL even did a parody commercial of that style of advertising- thats how absurd it was.

- it was funny because it said a word over and over again that cant be said on this board. That creativity- turning **** into **** for good ****, was pretty solid.

- it was dumb because it was too long. Make it shorter- nobody watches something for that long unless they are outraged.

- Alyson Hannigan's twin made an appearance at :52.***...maybe.

This place is so pent up with outrage its comical. Imagine changing beer brands, the thing you reach for due to years of habit and preference, all because a commercial as made that makes fun of how some beer advertisements portray the people you beg to touch you at night.
Yall need to get laid more.
I agree with you. I thought the ad was pretty good.

Also, the female lead is smoke. For those of you who remember college, the sassy feminist with “frizzy” hair was always the best…

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Exactly. The only reason certain people got up in arms about the Mulvaney ad is because they are offended to know trans people exist. They want them to disappear. And we all know where that leads.
The reason people got up in arms about the Mulvaney ad is because (1) there is such a concerted effort to expose kids to sexual material so early, to force girls, even young girls, to share bathrooms with men and adolescent and up girls/women to share locker room and shower space with men, and to force girls and women to compete against men in "women's" sports, and (2) hiring a high level marketing executive that has disdain for Bud light drinkers and is open about it.

THe first isn't necessarily Bud Light's fault as hiring a man that's a transexual doesn't mean you're on board with all the anti-woman parts of the trans agenda, but if they hadn't done number 2, they might would have realized that normal people are getting fed up with the idea of sacrificing the safety of girls and women to cater to a tiny sliver of the male population and it'd be best for them to stay away from the area in general.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Does the commercial being discussed here really fall under “being pushed by liberals”… it’s a commercial about women being involved in beer in other ways than advertising it in a bikini? I don’t want to shock you guys but women can vote and own property now…
And things have gone downhill ever since.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The reason people got up in arms about the Mulvaney ad is because (1) there is such a concerted effort to expose kids to sexual material so early, to force girls, even young girls, to share bathrooms with men and adolescent and up girls/women to share locker room and shower space with men, and to force girls and women to compete against men in "women's" sports, and (2) hiring a high level marketing executive that has disdain for Bud light drinkers and is open about it.

THe first isn't necessarily Bud Light's fault as hiring a man that's a transexual doesn't mean you're on board with all the anti-woman parts of the trans agenda, but if they hadn't done number 2, they might would have realized that normal people are getting fed up with the idea of sacrificing the safety of girls and women to cater to a tiny sliver of the male population and it'd be best for them to stay away from the area in general.
Complete crazy tin foil hat talk. This is what too much propaganda does, it rots your brain.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Do you deny that girls or women are being forced to deal with men in their bathrooms? Locker rooms? Sports? Because it's pretty easy to verify that they are dealing with all three.
I deny that " (1) there is such a concerted effort to expose kids to sexual material so early, to force girls, even young girls, to share bathrooms with men and adolescent and up girls/women to share locker room and shower space with men, and to force girls and women to compete against men in "women's" sports"

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Do you deny that girls or women are being forced to deal with men in their bathrooms? Locker rooms? Sports? Because it's pretty easy to verify that they are dealing with all three.
Do you deny that there are people with legitimate medical or psychological conditions that cause them to not fit on the basic two gender dichotomy? If treating these American citizens with respect and legality is not your proposed solution to this reality (assuming you don't deny the above), then what exactly are you proposing?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Do you deny that there are people with legitimate medical or psychological conditions that cause them to not fit on the basic two gender dichotomy? If treating these American citizens with respect and legality is not your proposed solution to this reality (assuming you don't deny the above), then what exactly are you proposing?
Are you saying that showing these people with "psychological conditions" respect should take priority over showing biological women respect ?

Reactions: boatsandhoes

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Y'all get triggered easily these days. Damn.
We aren't triggered. We just think and know it is extremely dumb to have dumb advertising.

Want to grow your market base and include more women? Great and smart. Figure out a way to appeal to women without alienating men. Otherwise you are crappy at your job and I don't feel sorry for you when you lose it b/c you cost your company millions.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
We aren't triggered. We just think and know it is extremely dumb to have dumb advertising.

Want to grow your market base and include more women? Great and smart. Figure out a way to appeal to women without alienating men. Otherwise you are crappy at your job and I don't feel sorry for you when you lose it b/c you cost your company millions.
My man I see stupid advertising every day of the week and I don't post about it here like those of a certain political leaning do. You don't care about beer profits you just have a sandy ****** and need a good group cry.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
My man I see stupid advertising every day of the week and I don't post about it here like those of a certain political leaning do. You don't care about beer profits you just have a sandy ****** and need a good group cry.
But here you are fighting the good fight with your big ole sandy Vajena.

Reactions: boatsandhoes

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

Or maybe they have data that shows American conservatives love to gripe, but are too stubborn and set in their ways to actually change. Or maybe this is a prelude to InBev launching their 500th "craft" beer aimed at cons. Get the biggest marks in history to pay more for the same ****** beer.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Or maybe they have data that shows American conservatives love to gripe, but are too stubborn and set in their ways to actually change. Or maybe this is a prelude to InBev launching their 500th "craft" beer aimed at cons. Get the biggest marks in history to pay more for the same ****** beer.
You really are dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login