I need a new show to stream, since my summer calendar just opened up.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Not sure what all you're into, but after finishing Fallout on Prime which I thought was great by the way, I've been struggling to find something that keeps my attention. During the last couple weeks, I've started 3 Body Problem, Evil S2, and Godzilla Minus One on Netflix, Xmen 97 on Disney, and Dune Part 2 on Max, but I can't call any of them great yet. If you're into SciFi, 3 Body Problem has gotten off to an interesting start, but it feels kinda 50/50 right now in terms of whether the rest of the season's going to be solid or if it's going to land with a dud

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Been mentioned before, and if you are a soccer fan you're probably already watching Welcome to Wrexham, but if you haven't seen it - it's good.

I also just finished Season 2 of The Jinx. Not as much "HOLY 17'ing SHITH" as the first season, but still wild and very compelling.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Not so much a series, but there's a documentary on Netflix put out about the Bishop Sycamore scandal. It was really good and quite infuriating. It's called BS High. I still can't believe they fooled ESPN in putting them on national TV against IMG.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I've actually been watching Northern Exposure again on Prime. There are tons of episodes I never saw.

Quirky, intelligent and well acted with lots of 90's references you don't see anymore. Pay phones, radio stations, and native Americans without all the guilt.
Without giving away too much, the Last of Us on Max had a nice Easter egg for Northern Exposure fans (Episode 6)

Reactions: She Mate Me

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I’m 3 episodes into Fallout on Prime and love it so far. I never played the games so outside of basic cultural awareness, I knew nothing going in. It’s crazy as hell. There are cowboys, knights, and a post apocalyptic world stuck in the 1950’s. I’m digging it.

Tires on Netflix is funny and you can finish it in an afternoon.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Clarkson's Farm is great if you like that kind of documentary. The banter between Jeremy and his crew is really entertaining to watch and listen to.

Godzilla minus one was refreshing. not great but refreshing. They actually made a movie that was just entertaining with a decent subplot.

Fallout was great until the last episode they kind of wimped out.

I'm not getting Disney+ anymore money. Their new programs are not entertaining.

We dropped Hulu and reduced our Netflix to 1080 to get a cheaper price. We're not all interested in 4K right now until we have a new National Geographic series to see.

I will be doing the same thing so I will let you know if I see anything you guys might like.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I don't bother with series normally....like since Seinfeld left the air.

However....in between yesterday's games, I watched a few episodes of Billy the kid. I liked it, will continue watching too. My schedule opened up too

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
In addition to the other recs, Righteous Gemstones and Vice Principles, if humor, with a touch of realism, is your bag. Trying to get into "What we do in the Shadows," but the jury is still out.

If adult animation is your bag, it doesn't get better than South Park and Family Guy. Archer is funny, but gets old quickly, Royal Crackers is another good one.

For serious viewing, The Terminal List is good and The Jack Ryan seasons are decent, but there are huge holes in both.

The first Halo season was good also.

Last edited:

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I have been watching The Veil on Hulu. Worth watching. Also, The Gentlemen on Netflix is pretty good.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I’ve watched the Chernobyl series on MAX at least four times. The casting, realism, accuracy, and capture of the Soviet culture in all those governmental circles was incredible.
What’s as big as a house, burns 20 liters of fuel every hour, puts out a shitload of smoke and noise, and cuts an apple into three pieces? A Soviet machine made to cut apples into four pieces!

Chernobyl is up there with Band of Brothers. Stellan Skarsgard is unreal...

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
What’s as big as a house, burns 20 liters of fuel every hour, puts out a shitload of smoke and noise, and cuts an apple into three pieces? A Soviet machine made to cut apples into four pieces!

Chernobyl is up there with Band of Brothers. Stellan Skarsgard is unreal...
The chief miner quoted here may be my favorite no-bullshittt relief character since Tom Sizemore in Saving Private Ryan

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Baby Reindeer on Netflix is weird and skressful, but I couldn't quit watching it.

Abbott Elementary is solidly funny and doesn't take itself too seriously.

LA Law is on Hulu, just fantastic background tv,

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
I always recommend Boardwalk Empire. Fantastic series, plenty of seasons, outstanding cast, costumes, etc. Terrific writing. Based on historical people & events. Kinda like The Sopranos, but it takes place around the time of Prohibition.
\
Martin Scorcese is the Executive Producer. Anybody who is a driving force behind The Godfather movies and Goodfellas, among others is a sign of a great series about gangsters, etc.

Peaky Blinders is another really good one, again revolving around gangsters, but this time in England, based on a real gang from 1919 on.

Sep 21, 2017
The Bear on Hulu if you haven't seen it yet. Third season premieres in mid-June I think so if you start a binge now you can roll right into S3.
Anther one for the Bear. I've been a fan of Matty Matheson (he is an actual chef that has a small supporting role) and that brought me into the series without a lot of knowledge beforehand. My wife and I don't watch a lot of TV but after two episodes we binged watched the first two seasons. We have it marked on our calendar when the next season drops on 6/27.

fredgarvin

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin - Apple, very well written and acted
Slow Dogs - Apple, Gary Oldman has a great character in this show
A Man in Full miniseries - Netflix, interesting take on the book

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I always recommend Boardwalk Empire. Fantastic series, plenty of seasons, outstanding cast, costumes, etc. Terrific writing. Based on historical people & events. Kinda like The Sopranos, but it takes place around the time of Prohibition.
\
Martin Scorcese is the Executive Producer. Anybody who is a driving force behind The Godfather movies and Goodfellas, among others is a sign of a great series about gangsters, etc.

Peaky Blinders is another really good one, again revolving around gangsters, but this time in England, based on a real gang from 1919 on.

I'm going to eventually get to both of these. Heard lots of good things over the years.

I do think you may be confusing Scorsese with Coppola on the Godfather reference.

Oct 2, 2022
Tokyo Vice on HBO. It’s the Saprano’s Japanese style. Really delves into Asian culture with all the quirks.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Paramount plus Peacock has a bunch of series of The Traitors. I’m not a big reality/competition show watcher but I like this one a lot. Basically 20 or so people are in a house, some number of which are “traitors” who get together and “murder” someone each night. Everyone goes to the round table each evening and votes someone out that they suspect to be a traitor.
My family enjoys watching it together. They do use some adult language but nothing sexual or violent (other than the concept of someone being murdered every night, with nothing depicted).
I watched 2 seasons of US, 2 seasons of UK and one of Australia. There’s another Australia and one New Zealand I’ve yet to watch.
I’ll say this: USA is probably my least favorite. The host (Alan Cumming) is super over the top dramatic and flamboyant, and they made a point to include “celebrities” mostly from other reality/competition shows. First season they made up half the contestants, and second season was pretty much all of them. To me it didn’t really add anything but, again, I’ve not watched much Survivor, Big Brother, Bachelor or anything on Bravo.

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I'm really getting into The Blacklist, its on Netflix now in its entirety of like 10+ seasons. That'll keep you busy for a while.
suspense GIF

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Joe Pickett. Started a little slow but by the end of 1st episode it really moved a lot better.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Some of my under the radar favorites. Generation Kill on Max. Narcos/Mexico on Netflix.
New one that I liked a lot Shogun.