I saw one of these in my little backwater town ...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I just want several billion more of our tax dollars going to the UKRAINE***
It's been interesting to see the 180 from what seems like nearly all those who are vocal on the right against the US providing aid and support to a country trying to save itself from being taken over by another country.
Apparently support is only acceptable if we do the actual invasion?

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Why is it up to the U.S. to fund 90% of whatever that charade is going on over there? We got problems here at home to address.

Ukraine is grifting us. It is well known that Ukraine is the most corrupt country in the world.

Zelensky getting rich and kicking lots of that money back to ”you know who”

Reactions: WilCoDawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Why is it up to the U.S. to fund 90% of whatever that charade is going on over there? We got problems here at home to address.

Ukraine is grifting us. It is well known that Ukraine is the most corrupt country in the world.

Zelensky getting rich and kicking lots of that money back to ”you know who”
It isn't up to the US to fund 90%.
All I said was that it's been interesting to see the 180 from what has traditionally been the rights views of war and America Exceptionalism.
We entered into a 2 decades long war with what was essentially universal support from the right, and invaded 2 countries in order to change their leadership since it indirectly threatened our safety.
Yet here we are with a country that directly threatens our safety trying to flex and the right is all 'why would we get involved, that'd be odd?' and 'we have problems at home.', as if those weren't exact questions that were met with accusations of siding with the enemy during the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. How short lived the memory is that if you questioned whether we should even invade either country, you werent a good American and you weren't supporting the troops.

It's interesting to sit on the sideline and watch the total lack of consistency.
Decades of declaring that if you aren't with us you are against us, decades of staunch demand that you fall in line and not question, otherwise it somehow hurts the troops, and yet here we are with a total 180.

We had domestic issues back then. We had other ways to spend money back then.
The real reasons why this help is no longer supported by many on the right is because of the name of the president.
It's really as simple as that.

As for your claim of kickbacks, that isn't even worth getting into because it is totally baseless.
This claim is really hilarious, considering the well documented mismanagement of money in Iraq and Afghanistan where 10s and 10s of billions were straight up lost. Each time that happened during the first 7 years it was 'well let's just give em more'.
Because...yeah.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Actual useful info and truth is rarely brief, when countering BS, inconsistent views, and baseless conspiracies.

But I get it- anything more than a tweet in length or a 10 second soundbyte is more than many can handle now.
Yeah but your comments can be pretty lengthy.

I can be guilty of that too.

You could have simply told @Curby that the US provides less than 50 percent of all international aid to Ukraine instead of the 90 he said.

That said, the money figure is still a healthy chunk of change.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Who ordered the correct way of thinking with the side of better than you with a dash of superiority?

High School GIF

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
If Russia is allowed to win in Ukraine without paying a TERRIBLE price the world is going to be a very dangerous place for the next 40 years. We can't turn back the clock and hide behind the oceans anymore. The REAL problem is we aren't giving Ukraine ENOUGH aid.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Yeah but your comments can be pretty lengthy.

I can be guilty of that too.

You could have simply told @Curby that the US provides less than 50 percent of all international aid to Ukraine instead of the 90 he said.

That said, the money figure is still a healthy chunk of change.
Tell us how many countries have come anywhere close to the 140 Billion or so and counting, that the US has pumped into Zelensky International.

My guess is zero.

I'm not a Trumplican, but Putin wouldn't have invaded Ukraine if the orange one was in office. In fact, there were zero wars affecting US while he was in office.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Tell us how many countries have come anywhere close to the 140 Billion or so and counting, that the US has pumped into Zelensky International.

My guess is zero.

I'm not a Trumplican, but Putin wouldn't have invaded Ukraine if the orange one was in office. In fact, there were zero wars affecting US while he was in office.
Actually the US so far has put in 77 Billion— not 140 Billion— but I wouldn’t be surprised if it went that high and even higher.

As @L4Dawg has said, the US should be giving MORE.
I found an updated chart here:

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Actually the US so far has put in 77 Billion— not 140 Billion— but I wouldn’t be surprised if it went that high and even higher.

As @L4Dawg has said, the US should be giving MORE.
I found an updated chart here:

Well, we also left about $80B worth of stuff in Afghanistan. Seeing it trickle into Ukraine sorta puts that number in perspective. We left a lot over there with the retreat.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

My guess is zero.

Are we not counting the war in Afghanistan?
65 military casualties there during Trump's short tenure in office. $300 million per day in average cost.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
65 military casualties there during Trump's short tenure in office. $300 million per day in average cost.
The Simpsons GIF

(I don’t know how the heck glfr was quoted twice here…)

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
How did conversation evolve into this?
From a card to the Afghan war?
Good question, lets analyze!
Thru this thread...

- A claim was made that the US is becoming Venezuela.
- We learned that all leaders have always been tyrannical overlords.
- L4 hilariously thought he was called an anti-vaxxer.
- Curby came out of left field and threw a fit over the US spending money to assist Ukraine.
- I laughed about how inconsistent some on the right are when it comes to their view of our involvement with Ukraine and listed some realities to support that.
- Curby wasnt able to read my post because Curby cant handle anything longer than a tweet(TWSS?).
- Oh, and thru this, you interjected with a couple of gifs that didnt further the conversation, one of which didnt even really make sense.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Thru this thread...

- Curby came out of left field and threw a fit over the US spending money to assist Ukraine.
- I laughed about how inconsistent some on the right are when it comes to their view of our involvement with Ukraine and listed some realities to support that.
- Curby wasnt able to read my post because Curby cant handle anything longer than a tweet(TWSS?).
- Oh, and thru this, you interjected with a couple of gifs that didnt further the conversation, one of which didnt even really make sense.

The TLDR version…

forget it jake its chinatown GIF

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
I respectfully disagree with your viewpoint and believe that government officials driving electric vehicles like the Rivian truck is a positive step towards a more sustainable future.

As we all know, climate change is one of the biggest challenges that our planet is
Sorry man. But if the loudest mouths about “man made climate change” are still flying private, traveling in SUV caravans, have mansions with heated pools, and multiple vacation homes….. I can drive whatever the hell I want.

I’m not gonna “do my part” when Al Gore, John Kerry, Bill Gates, etc pollute more than any average American many times over.

when they move into a 500 sq ft home, drive only a small EV, and ditch their lifestyle.. then we can talk.

until then….

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
If Russia is allowed to win in Ukraine without paying a TERRIBLE price the world is going to be a very dangerous place for the next 40 years. We can't turn back the clock and hide behind the oceans anymore. The REAL problem is we aren't giving Ukraine ENOUGH aid.
Maybe. Convince me.

If we give Putin a big Ole L there, it almost certainly results in his ouster (via death) and cements Russia's new position as non-empire, non-relevant, run of the mill country with no global influence or importance. Which may be worth it in and of itself, or may just empower China. Probably the former.

But I don't see how Putin winning there changes much, globally speaking. Obviously bad for Ukrainians. It doesn't make Russia an empire though, it just delays the inevitable. Russia would still not be a world power, taking Ukraine isn't the elder wand or something.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Thru this thread...

Somehow I knew I could count on you to sift your way through all that ****. I'll take your criticism under advisement and try to do better.

What time is the game tonight?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Maybe. Convince me.

If we give Putin a big Ole L there, it almost certainly results in his ouster (via death) and cements Russia's new position as non-empire, non-relevant, run of the mill country with no global influence or importance. Which may be worth it in and of itself, or may just empower China. Probably the former.

But I don't see how Putin winning there changes much, globally speaking. Obviously bad for Ukrainians. It doesn't make Russia an empire though, it just delays the inevitable. Russia would still not be a world power, taking Ukraine isn't the elder wand or something.
I said win without a terrible price. He very may well win. Whatever happens it has to be made clear to others watching this that it wasn't worth the price.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Sorry man. But if the loudest mouths about “man made climate change” are still flying private, traveling in SUV caravans, have mansions with heated pools, and multiple vacation homes….. I can drive whatever the hell I want.

I’m not gonna “do my part” when Al Gore, John Kerry, Bill Gates, etc pollute more than any average American many times over.

when they move into a 500 sq ft home, drive only a small EV, and ditch their lifestyle.. then we can talk.

until then….
Here are some facts:

1. The Earth's average surface temperature has risen about 1.2°C (2.2°F) since the late 19th century, according to NASA. This warming trend has been linked to increased greenhouse gas emissions from human activities, such as burning fossil fuels.
  2. According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), it is "extremely likely" (95-100% probability) that human activities, particularly the burning of fossil fuels, have been the dominant cause of climate change observed since the mid-20th century.
  3. Sea levels are rising at an accelerating rate, which is a direct result of climate change. Global sea levels have risen about 8 inches (21 cm) since 1880, and the rate of sea level rise is expected to accelerate in the coming decades.
  4. Climate change is already causing significant impacts on ecosystems and human societies around the world, including more frequent and severe heatwaves, droughts, floods, and storms.
  5. The overwhelming majority of climate scientists agree that climate change is real and caused by human activities. According to a study published in the journal Environmental Research Letters, 97% of climate scientists agree that climate change is primarily caused by human activities.
These facts are well-established and supported by extensive scientific research. It's important to acknowledge and address your denial of the reality of climate change, but ultimately the facts speak for themselves.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Actual useful info and truth is rarely brief, when countering BS, inconsistent views, and baseless conspiracies.

But I get it- anything more than a tweet in length or a 10 second soundbyte is more than many can handle now.
Funding Ukraine some money isn’t a problem.

but we have funded way too much.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
why? Be specific

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
And now Zelensky wants our young soldiers over there to die for his corrupt country. I say 17 him.
Did we jump in a time machine to a year ago?
Same thing was requested them.

It's hardly a surprise that the largest and best military in history is called in to help by a country's leader. It also hardly deserves a '17 him' response.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Here are some facts:

1. The Earth's average surface temperature has risen about 1.2°C (2.2°F) since the late 19th century, according to NASA. This warming trend has been linked to increased greenhouse gas emissions from human activities, such as burning fossil fuels.
  2. According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), it is "extremely likely" (95-100% probability) that human activities, particularly the burning of fossil fuels, have been the dominant cause of climate change observed since the mid-20th century.
  3. Sea levels are rising at an accelerating rate, which is a direct result of climate change. Global sea levels have risen about 8 inches (21 cm) since 1880, and the rate of sea level rise is expected to accelerate in the coming decades.
  4. Climate change is already causing significant impacts on ecosystems and human societies around the world, including more frequent and severe heatwaves, droughts, floods, and storms.
  5. The overwhelming majority of climate scientists agree that climate change is real and caused by human activities. According to a study published in the journal Environmental Research Letters, 97% of climate scientists agree that climate change is primarily caused by human activities.
These facts are well-established and supported by extensive scientific research. It's important to acknowledge and address your denial of the reality of climate change, but ultimately the facts speak for themselves.
Find a climate scientist that isn’t paid to push a narrative, and he or she will tell you differently. Don’t be so gullible. The Earth is way more sustainable than these shills are telling you. The Elites aren’t reducing their emissions.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Find a climate scientist that isn’t paid to push a narrative, and he or she will tell you differently. Don’t be so gullible. The Earth is way more sustainable than these shills are telling you. The Elites aren’t reducing their emissions.
So who’s paying you to push your narrative? **

And you answer no one, just be aware what most people think when it comes to the value of free advice. **

Oh yeah, disclaimer time.

This narrative paid in part by Maroon Eagle. Remember— Maroon Eagle wants you to be smrat. **

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Here are some facts:

Never said I don’t believe in climate change. It’s happened on this earth continuously in its history.

What I said was I’m not changing anything I do until the people who profit from their paid speeches about it and their continued hysteria change their ways.

Thousands of people flew in private to Davos, was ferried from the airport to their accommodations by helicopter, and had a grand ole time pointing their finger about climate change. Meanwhile the whole thing could be done on a teams meeting from their office at home.

They live their luxurious life with their toys, their mansions, their jets, their vacation homes that use electricity when they are not there, and their yachts… and they walk by the tailpipe of my SUV and throw a fit?

No sir. Nope. Not happening.

It’s really a fascinating thing in itself to watch people in hysterics about the climate, but give these people an absolute pass. They are worried more about my RV tow rig. Half of Hollywood takes private jets on short hops to avoid traffic. And they wanna lecture me? They want me to buy an electric lawn mower while they use their jet as a vehicle to go shopping for luxury goods? Naw son.

Replace “climate change” with taxes. Now say “Bill gates wants you to pay 5% more taxes each year for the climate… but he wants a refund.” How would that go over?

Why should I believe these people about their concern if they are buying costal mansions?? If they pollute more than many families added together? If they get paid to spread hysteria? Cut me a fat check and I’ll scream about it too. The drive away to cheers in my SUV.

Last edited:

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Never said I don’t believe in climate change. It’s happened on this earth continuously in its history.

What I said was I’m not changing anything I do until the people who profit from their paid speeches about it and their continued hysteria change their ways.

Thousands of people flew in private to Davos, was ferried from the airport to their accommodations by helicopter, and had a grand ole time pointing their finger about climate change. Meanwhile the whole thing could be done on a teams meeting from their office at home.

They live their luxurious life with their toys, their mansions, their jets, their vacation homes that use electricity when they are not there, and their yachts… and they walk by the tailpipe of my SUV and throw a fit?

It’s really a fascinating thing in itself to watch people in hysterics about the climate, but give these people an absolute pass. They are worried more about my RV tow rig. Half of Hollywood takes private jets on short hops to avoid traffic. And they wanna lecture me? They want me to buy an electric lawn mower while they use their jet as a vehicle to go shopping for luxury goods? Naw son.

Replace “climate change” with taxes. Now say “Bill gates wants you to pay 5% more taxes each year for the climate… but he wants a refund.” How would that go over?

Why should I believe these people about their concern if they are buying costal mansions?? If they pollute more than many families added together? If they get paid to spread hysteria? Cut me a fat check and I’ll scream about it too. The drive away to cheers in my SUV.
Do you believe Christianity is not to be followed unless every individual believer commits no hypocrisy or failings? Do you watch Fox News? Have you paid attention to the Dominion lawsuit reveals?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

We can "chat" again next Tuesday.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
If you allow a totalitarian state easy conquests then you invite them to do more along that line. I shouldn't have to point this out. Other totalitarian states are also watching. I shouldn't have to point this out either.
It's already long past an easy conquest.

Besides, big difference between a UN member with full veto power and everyone else. So really, this is about China and Taiwan, right?

Reactions: FrontRangeDawg

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
We can "chat" again next Tuesday.
There’s no chat to it. There is no debate. There is no decision.

The elites, who shake their finger at me, can walk the walk first. It’s “we the people” not “Obama, Gates, DeCaprio, Gore, Kerry, Bono, members of the UN, the World Economic Forum, and then there is the rest of you.”

and on these “scientific consensus’s” don’t forget the huge flaw in the scientific method. You going to get a fat grant to study climate to be in the consensus…. Or to challenge the theory? I would say funding based on results would be a huge bias wouldn’t you agree?

• Haha
Reactions: horshack.sixpack

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
There’s no chat to it. There is no debate. There is no decision.

The elites, who shake their finger at me, can walk the walk first. It’s “we the people” not “Obama, Gates, DeCaprio, Gore, Kerry, Bono, members of the UN, the World Economic Forum, and then there is the rest of you.”

and on these “scientific consensus’s” don’t forget the huge flaw in the scientific method. You going to get a fat grant to study climate to be in the consensus…. Or to challenge the theory? I would say funding based on results would be a huge bias wouldn’t you agree?
You do realize how well climate skepticism pays, right?

Reactions: FrontRangeDawg

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

…. What I said was I’m not changing anything I do until the people who profit from their paid speeches about it and their continued hysteria change their ways.
You know what? I agree.

One of many reasons I dislike VP Gore. He struck me as a hypocrite when he ran for President the first time in ‘88. Have not voted for him for any office.

But I’m not going to cut off my nose to spite my face.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

This is classic cutting off your nose to spite your face. You refuse to try to improve the place where you and your loved ones live, because in your view an incredibly small number of people in the world arent changing their ways enough. 17ing wild.

I get the frustration, you are angry at them for what you view as a 'do as I say, not as I do' policy.
At the same time, you have no idea how much they have changed compared to before. You also have no idea how much their impact has made in a net manner- if they burn 1000 pounds of carbon while pushing for change that results in 1500 fewer pounds of burned carbon, is that justified or not? <--very basic hypothetical.
Im just saying that ranting about 'them' without knowing details isnt a good look.

Even still, I get the frustration. Its natural to look at someone who is telling you to do something and criticize if you feel they arent doing the same thing.

In the end though, you can choose to act locally or not. You can choose to try to burn less fuel, you can choose to litter less, and you can choose to manage waterways better. You can choose this so your local world is cleaner for you and family. This is a global issue, yes, but we are 17ed since many countries arent even willing/able to improve and many within the US are deniers/lazy/salty. I may be pessimistic, but I dont see it drastically improving at a global level. But locally? Yeah it can improve drastically at the local level. Look at any number of studies and reports about air quality during covid- fewer miles driven overall(less carbon burned) in cities and even regions improved air quality.
Why the 17 wouldnt everyone want this for where they live?

You can stomp your feet in anger that declare that since a handful of people arent walking the walk, you wont participate either. Or you can dismiss them in your mind and recognize that though they may be hypocritical in some way, changing how you live and pushing for change in your area can improve the environment.
If we are all going to burn from record temps or drown from rising sea levels, I would like to do it while breathing cleaner air and enjoying cleaner water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login