If you have Twitter ...

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Pearl’s mess up was ‘meh’, he had a recruit and his family at his house for a cookout, lied about it and got caught - big whoop….

Freezes’ was….not so ‘meh’
There's several articles online that tell pearl's story of his ethics and antics. Wonder is his money guys will still pay for both basketball and football players now

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
One thing's for certain: Auburn has lost all claim to "doing things the right way" like they've always tried to cram down everyone's throats. When you have Bruce Pearl and Hugh Freeze on staff, you don't get to say that anymore.
That’s what I was going to say…..17ing when has auburn ever done the things he suggest. They’ve been dirty AF, win at all cost since I have been alive. why the moral high road now?

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I hear you, but this is the state where Roy Moore narrowly lost a senate seat. My guess is Freeze starting with a few Ws will take care of the issue with the fans.
Well said sir. I offer no opinion on Freeze and his extra curricular activities, my own debauchery is that of biblical lore. I do completely agree that winning will change the whole narrative. He wins and it will be a great redemption story or at least some will sell it that way. Cohen and the Auburn cigar boys had to know they would take a social media and popular opinion hit. So this was a win at all costs decision. 3 years Hugh put wins up or
43B3A4B7-2941-4B72-909E-33F7D0489214.gif

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
Well, in Hugh’s pc, he said unlike Pearl, he wouldn’t be taking his shirt off, so there’s that….

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I hear you, but this is the state where Roy Moore narrowly lost a senate seat. My guess is Freeze starting with a few Ws will take care of the issue with the fans.

That's true, but Roy Moore was running as a Republican so he got a lot of votes merely from being an R. If the parties of the candidates were reversed, Moore wouldn't have gotten many votes at all. In fact, the heavily Democrat areas (Birmingham, Montgomery, the Black Belt) would have had trouble voting for Moore regardless of being a D because he was so nutty and wasn't exactly a friend of blacks.

Alabama in general is heavily Republican. That's shown by Tommy Tuberville winning the Senate merely because he ran as an R. It certainly wasn't his political savvy.

Jul 5, 2020
That's true, but Roy Moore was running as a Republican so he got a lot of votes merely from being an R. If the parties of the candidates were reversed, Moore wouldn't have gotten many votes at all. In fact, the heavily Democrat areas (Birmingham, Montgomery, the Black Belt) would have had trouble voting for Moore regardless of being a D because he was so nutty and wasn't exactly a friend of blacks.

Alabama in general is heavily Republican. That's shown by Tommy Tuberville winning the Senate merely because he ran as an R. It certainly wasn't his political savvy.
I hear what you're saying, but my point was a little different. My point is that, all things being equal, a bunch of folks who claim to have a strict moral position still supported someone who was credibly accused of disgusting and criminal acts. I wasn't really breaking it down on political lines. The fact that a lot of those voters actively supported a pederast shows that they'll tolerate a gross person when it comes to "winning", which is what they're going to do in the case of Freeze.

Either way, winning football games solves most problems for any fanbase.

Reactions: ThreeDawgNight

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Do you not think Auburn vetted the hell out of Freeze before they hired him? They’re not gonna hire somebody they’ll have to turn around and immediately fire because something else came out of the woodwork. The Briarcrest stuff has been known for years and nobody made a big deal of it at the time. The tweets he sent were back in July, and again, nobody made a big deal out of it. This is not new information. Auburn isn’t going to be scared of a little Twitter mob because the mob will move on to something new in a few days.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Do you not think Auburn vetted the hell out of Freeze before they hired him? They’re not gonna hire somebody they’ll have to turn around and immediately fire because something else came out of the woodwork. The Briarcrest stuff has been known for years and nobody made a big deal of it at the time. The tweets he sent were back in July, and again, nobody made a big deal out of it. This is not new information. Auburn isn’t going to be scared of a little Twitter mob because the mob will move on to something new in a few days.
Auburn doesn't care, even if it is bad.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I think Auburn heard what they wanted to hear from a guy that is very gifted at persuasive speaking

Reactions: FrontRangeDawg
Oct 31, 2014
That’s what I was going to say…..17ing when has auburn ever done the things he suggest. They’ve been dirty AF, win at all cost since I have been alive. why the moral high road now?
This is my point. Auburn fans have always been "We're so virtuous; how could anybody hate little ole us?" All the while, they're as dirty as can be.

They're the St. Louis Cardinals of college football.

Reactions: FrontRangeDawg
Jul 5, 2020
They vetted him for what they wanted to get, which is a guy who has proven he can win SEC games and will do absolutely anything to compete. It's the Janus-faced virtuosity that they (and most college fanbases) put on when they pretend to care about character. By the way, character matters to these fan-bases when it's the players, but not so much the coaches.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login