Judkins in the portal...

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Unless he checked the “no contact” box, I can’t see how this would be Ole Miss orchestrated it. He would immediately be able to be contacted by teams and receive official NIL offers. Why would Ole Miss take such a risk? I certainly think he might return to Oxford, but it’s probably more of him just making sure he considers EVERY offer from all the big money schools and make sure he has maximized his value. We’d be foolish to not put in a huge bid to get him. How much NIL money can they have left after all their purchases thus far???

patdog

May 28, 2007
They need to figure out a salary cap. Without fans being the sole source of the salary.
Any salary cap would be instantly shot down by the courts. Only way the pro leagues have one is because they're negotiated with the players unions. There is no players union for college players, and even if (or when) one is formed, why would they give up total unrestricted free agency with no salary cap?

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I'll believe it when I see it. This is a PR thing for Ole Miss.
Who knows.....maybe some high profile team offered him some crazy amount of money. I doubt it tho as there are plenty of serviceable rb a team can get.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I can't see how this benefits Ole Miss. I think Judkins is being an idiot and playing too much.

I hope they call his bluff. He's a running back in 2024. He's replaceable.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Unless he checked the “no contact” box, I can’t see how this would be Ole Miss orchestrated it. He would immediately be able to be contacted by teams and receive official NIL offers. Why would Ole Miss take such a risk? I certainly think he might return to Oxford, but it’s probably more of him just making sure he considers EVERY offer from all the big money schools and make sure he has maximized his value. We’d be foolish to not put in a huge bid to get him. How much NIL money can they have left after all their purchases thus far???
first time GIF

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
You would think Judkins would have such loyalty to Mississippi given the fact that Lane was the "only one who really believed in him" when he was in high school and watched him while sitting in the stands in the rain (according to some football announcer I heard). Oh, and "Tha Grove". Where has team spirit and loyalty gone? Please Judkins drain those cock suckers in baby blue for all they are worth!

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Why not throw your name out there? At this point they are just employees, maybe not directly but indirectly with paychecks coming from NIL. No different than an employee putting their resume out on LinkedIn at this point, other than it being well publicized and open to the public.

Reactions: columbiadawg2

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Why not throw your name out there? At this point they are just employees, maybe not directly but indirectly with paychecks coming from NIL. No different than an employee putting their resume out on LinkedIn at this point, other than it being well publicized and open to the public.
Except.....instead of the school paying them with their tv money and other athletic income and donations Joe Schmo has to pay them.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I can't see how this benefits Ole Miss. I think Judkins is being an idiot and playing too much.

I hope they call his bluff. He's a running back in 2024. He's replaceable.
A friend of mine has a family member that works with the team, he says Judkins is a drama queen and big baby about stupid things. He's always doing stuff like this or sitting out due to hurt feelings.

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
He’s just wanting some spotlight after Dart said he’s coming back. He’ll back out of the portal and get his own victors parade for staying in the sip.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Whether it’s Ole Miss or someone else, he’s just getting a new deal. That is the now the purpose of the portal: Price discovery.

Tbh, I think him leaving would hurt Ole Miss’s feelings and ego more than it would hurt them on the field. Good RBs don’t justify big price tags in today’s game. I’d rather let someone else pay him and spend money on defenders and O-linemen.

NFL teams lose really good (and expensive) RBs and get better overall all the time.

I hope they overpay to keep him just to avoid the ego hit.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
I thought the general consensus was not to blow our wad until this nucleus of high school playmakers get a little experience. Plus I doubt we can come close the schools that are gonna go after him. He's good but id rather spend money in the trenches at this point.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Whether it’s Ole Miss or someone else, he’s just getting a new deal. That is the now the purpose of the portal: Price discovery.

Tbh, I think him leaving would hurt Ole Miss’s feelings and ego more than it would hurt them on the field. Good RBs don’t justify big price tags in today’s game. I’d rather let someone else pay him and spend money on defenders and O-linemen.

NFL teams lose really good (and expensive) RBs and get better overall all the time.

I hope they overpay to keep him just to avoid the ego hit.
Since this is a pro league now, there might as well be a requirement to publish all contracts. Programs need to know what their competition is doing and fans need to know what they are rooting for.

Reactions: jb1020

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I feel Miss State basically shut him down two games in a row. I hope they overspend too keep him.

Reactions: Dawgg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Does this make 11 guys going to portal for them? If this is true, He will end up in GA.

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
Any salary cap would be instantly shot down by the courts. Only way the pro leagues have one is because they're negotiated with the players unions. There is no players union for college players, and even if (or when) one is formed, why would they give up total unrestricted free agency with no salary cap?
You're absolutely right. Plus, even if everyone agreed on a salary cap, how could you restrict what a player can earn from third-party collectives, businesses, etc. based on their NIL?

The players would have to agree to not accept other compensation. There would have to be a collective bargaining agreement that bars college players from earning any money from any source other than school-affiliated collectives (which would be subject to the salary cap). Which would never happen.

Reactions: patdog

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
This is just a contract re-negotiation with his Ole Miss Shuga Daddy. Someone will throw the bank to keep him there. He is too important for them.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
You're absolutely right. Plus, even if everyone agreed on a salary cap, how could you restrict what a player can earn from third-party collectives, businesses, etc. based on their NIL?

The players would have to agree to not accept other compensation. There would have to be a collective bargaining agreement that bars college players from earning any money from any source other than school-affiliated collectives (which would be subject to the salary cap). Which would never happen.
Correct. The entire roster of the Dallas Cowboys can only be paid $224,800,000 by the NFL/Dallas Cowboys, but there is no limit to the amount they can be paid for their name, image, and likeness for appearing in Sleep Number Bed ads or for their cardboard standees to appear next to the Miller Light in the local Tom Thumb.

Michael Jordan made about $95 Million in the entirety of his NBA career. He's made about $1.6 BILLION from his Nike deal.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Correct. The entire roster of the Dallas Cowboys can only be paid $224,800,000 by the NFL/Dallas Cowboys, but there is no limit to the amount they can be paid for their name, image, and likeness for appearing in Sleep Number Bed ads or for their cardboard standees to appear next to the Miller Light in the local Tom Thumb.

Michael Jordan made about $95 Million in the entirety of his NBA career. He's made about $1.6 BILLION from his Nike deal.
I love how people keep asking for salary caps on independent, private LLC collectives or whatever the hell they are. You can repeat reality over and over and some folks just don't get it.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Do you really think that “no contact” box means anything? Do you really think great players that aren’t even in the portal aren’t contacted endlessly by other schools?

It wouldn’t be any risk at all for Ole Miss to do that. None that isn’t already there. Or he may actually just be wanting a bigger payday. Either way, he could easily still be back at OM.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login