Kinda sums it up

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Wow, if one of your own, who happens to know a thing or two about the game, and calls you out publicly, very very bad optics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lurker123

HI Cock1

Joined Oct 14, 2012
Jan 22, 2022
I would say that at the start of the game, Sellers looked poised. Once we got behind by 2 scores, though, he started pressing hard and he looked like a freshman qb who's only started 3 games before today. He has no proven weapons. That's a problem.

Hope remains eternal for me, however. Remember TN and Clem two years ago.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
You going to believe your lying eyes or what Beamer tells you?
Seems like with Beamer when he stumbles into an effective game plan and actually puts players in a position to succeed, no one is able to build on that success in subsequent games. Those back to back Tennessee and Clemson wins 2 seasons ago really sting now, because I thought we finally experienced good coaching and things would be better going forward. This would probably be true for 90 percent of power 5 programs with a decent coach, but we have a dud
.. IMHO.

Mar 8, 2023
I like Beamer and he did some really good things here the first two years.... it is unfortunate however that he can't seem to hire an OC. Perhaps part of it is that Sellers just isn't ready yet as much as we all wanted him to be after seeing him making big plays in mop up situations last year. The other part of it is, I don't think USC has an SEC caliber WR. These guys DO NOT GET OPEN. I also noticed that when the play breaks down and Sellers scrambles, they just stand still. They don't take off and run to try to get open and help him out.

I think Beamer made some HORRIBLE calls on Saturday that fall directly on him
1) The fake punt was obvious to everyone in the stadium and never should have been called
2) The gimmick play with the back up QB in there and he fumbles
3) Taking a holding penalty in the second half when we should have taken the result of the sack. Just plain stupid on his part.

I hope they turn it around.... if not, next year will certainly be a hot seat year, unless the new A.D. makes a bold move.

LonghornsGamecocks

Feb 24, 2024
Seems like with Beamer when he stumbles into an effective game plan and actually puts players in a position to succeed, no one is able to build on that success in subsequent games. Those back to back Tennessee and Clemson wins 2 seasons ago really sting now, because I thought we finally experienced good coaching and things would be better going forward.
For the life of me I don't understand why that OC search didn't begin and end with a 3 year deal for Freddie Kitchens

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
Guys, i hear ya about some of beamer’s decisions, but a green qb needs a little more time before the pocket breaks down andrb’s need a sliver of a hole to run through! I don’t think we can put all of oline woes on beamer!

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login