Let's talk a possible USM-UM matchup

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
Please spread the word of how great Bianco is, and y'all keep him. I hope winning that regional last night means he stays at your school, and it sounds like you're happy too. Win-win. Congrats.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I agree with all that. Polk had a major influence on making baseball popular in the SEC pre-Bertman. He was good in the 80s and 90s but still couldn't put together a CWS-winning team. I just think Bianco is a good coach and maybe better than 21st century Polk (van Horn might be the best, and most consistent coach over the past two decades but still no Natty). The our stadium is better than your stadium crowd might not think this way.

I don’t think it’s a hot take to suggest that Polk in the 2000’s was not great for us. The Polk 2.0 era is not held in high regard, even though we did get one fluke Omaha appearance out of it. The program was in shambles after his last year and it took Cohen 3-4 years to find any real traction once he took over. Y’all just think this year was bad, 2008-2010 were the real dark days.

And yes, in the meantime Bianco took advantage of our struggles in the 2000’s and turned Ole Miss from an afterthought to a consistent Top 15-20 type of program.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Bump, for all the downvoting haters.

I don’t like being right, but you could see this a mile away.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login