looks like some of the all run offense may have been on Arnett

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Please explain how our schedule is tougher when we dropped the two-time defending national champions off of it.
All of our swing games are on the road minus ole miss. Teams we usually lose to are at home. Bama and LSU. Our odd years are usually not our best years based on our schedule rotation. We also play Carolina on the road. This is the same team that whooped Tennessee last year at home. They typically play well at very well at home like a lot of teams.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
What an idiot. Deon doesn't run leach's offense though. Nobody runs the pure air aid. Have you even watched colorado or Jackson state last season. They play with a mobile qb. They run and pass. That's what I've been trying to say about our offense you idiot. Thanks for proving my point.
Wow, now name calling. Come on Tro, you are better than that. Your stats were out of focus but I assume they are ypg. Yes, I've watched Colorado and JSU and saw their running QBs. My point was with the air raid we were 5th in scoring and won 9 games. I would love to have an accurate running QB but we don't to my knowledge. The jury is still out on our backup QBs. We can only speculate on what Leach planned to do going forward. He signed Chris Parson so it looks like he wanted to move in that direction. He was also running the ball more at the end of last season. My point Leach improved our program. No coach is perfect but his system works when you have lesser talent. He almost beat Georgia back in 2020. No way we should have stayed on the field with them.
Anyway, we just have to agree to disagree. I wish Leach had this year to show our improvement. We are transitioning to the offense you want so we'll see how it pans out over the next 3 years and compare notes then.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Should be. Same players basically. A cornerback,3 safeties a linebacker and one DL. I figure Dillon and the WR we lost are a wash. That linebacker was a beast tho. And we all know about that great corner. Can we overcome that ?
Yes, I think 10 would be the expectation for Leach this year at a minimum. Last year a lot of fans were calling for more. Leach was a very good coach. I think this year and next he would have really hit his stride. I wish I would have gotten to see his offense with Parson.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Wow, now name calling. Come on Tro, you are better than that. Your stats were out of focus but I assume they are ypg. Yes, I've watched Colorado and JSU and saw their running QBs. My point was with the air raid we were 5th in scoring and won 9 games. I would love to have an accurate running QB but we don't to my knowledge. The jury is still out on our backup QBs. We can only speculate on what Leach planned to do going forward. He signed Chris Parson so it looks like he wanted to move in that direction. He was also running the ball more at the end of last season. My point Leach improved our program. No coach is perfect but his system works when you have lesser talent. He almost beat Georgia back in 2020. No way we should have stayed on the field with them.
Anyway, we just have to agree to disagree. I wish Leach had this year to show our improvement. We are transitioning to the offense you want so we'll see how it pans out over the next 3 years and compare notes then.
The jury is still out if this is the offense I want because I want the the Riley style offense. Balance with a mobile qb who can throw. That's what I wanted coming from leach's offense. I don't think will is that guy to do that and hinders the offense from being what IT could be. Obviously he helps it not be one dimensional at the current offense. I dont want Barbay handing it off to the back 70 percent of the game. Balance is the key. But will also can't miss on third downs when it's there or hold the ball to long and take a sack. That's where a mobile qb would make us better. Extend plays and allow people to get open. Obviously if a qb turns it over that's not good either, but there are mobile qbs not delaura don't over turn it that much.

Last edited:
Reactions: blitz2Win

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Both yards per game and points per game

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
This game is gonna come down to our OL vs their DL. If we can pass block and give Will a few seconds to survey the field as well as open some lanes or at least seal the edge for some running we will win. I predict runs and screens early and often. If you can get it to Tulu or Creed behind the LB they may score from any yardline. Or Mike taking it wide.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Please explain how our schedule is tougher when we dropped the two-time defending national champions off of it.
Because we replace 2 swing games at home with 2 that are auto-losses, and even the game replacing the national champs is an away game against a formidable opponent in which we will be underdogs. Ain’t like we’re trading them for Vandy.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Because we replace 2 swing games at home with 2 that are auto-losses, and even the game replacing the national champs is an away game against a formidable opponent in which we will be underdogs. Ain’t like we’re trading them for Vandy.
Who are the auto losses ?

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I didn’t know this LSU game was an auto loss, most on here don’t agree. LSU is at home this year, it was on the road at night last year.

South Carolina is very mediocre with a bad O line, not remotely comparable to National Champ Georgia.

Our SOS is #27 this year, was much higher last year.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I didn’t know this LSU game was an auto loss, most on here don’t agree. LSU is at home this year, it was on the road at night last year.

South Carolina is very mediocre with a bad O line, not remotely comparable to National Champ Georgia.

Our SOS is #27 this year, was much higher last year.
Our SOS ranking means nothing when everyone has only played 2 games.

Regarding LSU, I’ve seen the movie before. We don’t have the elite talent at key spots that are needed to pull the upset. And we’re not going against O or Miles with Dak / Fitzgerald either.

Give me any combination of 1-2 vs. USC, Bama, and LSU and I’ll take it right 17ing now.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Our SOS ranking means nothing when everyone has only played 2 games.

Regarding LSU, I’ve seen the movie before. We don’t have the elite talent at key spots that are needed to pull the upset. And we’re not going against O or Miles with Dak / Fitzgerald either.

Give me any combination of 1-2 vs. USC, Bama, and LSU and I’ll take it right 17ing now.
Clearly our schedule was tougher last year just based on swapping Georgia and South Carolina. Our SOS will track lower this entire season and end up lower than last year. Alabama is also weaker this year.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Clearly our schedule was tougher last year just based on swapping Georgia and South Carolina. Our SOS will track lower this entire season and end up lower than last year. Alabama is also weaker this year.
Depends on how you judge the SOS. If you correct for home vs. away, then just playing Arizona at home removes a lot of the difficulty. But swapping UGA at home where we were like a 20 point underdog for USC away where we will still be a 5-7 point underdog might make the SOS “easier”, but it likely doesn’t do anything for us in the W-L column. Same for moving LSU / Bama to home games. What kills us is moving 3 of our typical 3-5 point home favorite games from last year (Auburn, Arkansas, A&M) from home to away, and only getting 2 games like that going the other direction in OM / UK.

That’s why we average 6.5 regular season wins per year in odd numbered years since Mullen got here in 2009, compared to 7.8 wins per year in even years over the same period (excluding 2020 for obvious reasons).

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login