Of the Big 3(4?) sports - which sport are you most looking forward to watching?

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Basketball. I hope we keep the momentum. It also seems like one or two good players from the portal can change a season. I don’t think this is the case in football. I’ve basically lost hope for all of college football when it comes to building a consistently good team. There were too many moving parts already. Now every quality player is a free agent and it will be insanely hard to build anything.

I think it’s still possible to build a consistently good team in basketball because one or two players can impact the team so drastically.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
For me, it's a tie between men's basketball and football. Men's basketball - can we continue to make the tourney? Football - a complete unknown but want to see what Lebby takes us offensively.
Football ahead of Bball but it's close. In football, I'm interested to see it because it's new. In Bball, it feels like a year that we should take a step forward but having been spoiled by our Sweet 16 and Final 4 runs years ago, there is a potentially unfair, higher bar for me to get excited about hoops again. Odd how decades old success can color how I feel about a program.

The difference in me and the continued celebration of the Vaught years of incredibly soft scheduling leading to program "success", by the great people matriculating at the harvard of the south, is that I don't have a higher opinion of our program at present based on what we were in the past. Also, we actually succeeded in a real tourney that mattered, not some Mahatma rice poll that was one among about a hundred other polls in those days.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
For 9
For me, it's a tie between men's basketball and football. Men's basketball - can we continue to make the tourney? Football - a complete unknown but want to see what Lebby takes us offensively.
For 90% of my life football always was what looked forward to at every level of play. Football, football, football. But as I approach old man status baseball is slowly creeping toward my favorite sport status. I’m starting to see what my dad and grandfather saw in it. It really is something that can be watched a thousand different ways and teams change so much game to game and over a season.

Reactions: 85Bears

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
For 9

For 90% of my life football always was what looked forward to at every level of play. Football, football, football. But as I approach old man status baseball is slowly creeping toward my favorite sport status. I’m starting to see what my dad and grandfather saw in it. It really is something that can be watched a thousand different ways and teams change so much game to game and over a season.
Agree with this, baseball is becoming better as I get older. I also think Jans is close to having a sweet 16/elite 8 team , program. Landscape of football has changed drastically, developmental outpost programs just don’t have much of a chance in this environment.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The answer is always football, right?

Because there is the dead period of summer before football. So there is much anticipation.

Whereas basketball, starts in the middle of football. Also baseball starts during the post season run of basketball.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Football
Baseball
Basketball

When I was at State it was

Basketball
Football
Baseball

The mismanagement of the Stansbury resignation and the following trip ups have soured me on Basketball. This past season helped a little.