Ol Miss Game Thread

Goose_Cretian

Jan 21, 2022
Does sellers have money on the game? Over throwing a wide open receiver then throwing right at the ole miss db.......

Goofy141!

May 29, 2023
In as disappointed as anyone I promise but this is the #12 team in the country and they are playing like it after getting embarrassed at home last week.

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023
All of them did as good as anybody else so what does it matter?
We have had success in baseball, softball (not so much recently), men’s basketball, women’s basketball, etc. there is no reason with the money we have that we can’t build a football program.
It’s pretty clear, accept mediocrity or find another team.
That is loser mentality. Not surprising why some laugh at us. I won’t accept that.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
Oct 8, 2022
And that is about as good as it will ever get! If 2 HOF coaches couldn't get it done then that should tell you something! Both of those HOF coaches left the place in shambles by the way!
I’ll take 8-4 most years. Not asking for much
In as disappointed as anyone I promise but this is the #12 team in the country and they are playing like it after getting embarrassed at home last week.

Its year 4. We should just be better. Thats all

Reactions: FootballLVR

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
We have had success in baseball, softball (not so much recently), men’s basketball, women’s basketball, etc. there is no reason with the money we have that we can’t build a football program.

That is loser mentality. Not surprising why some laugh at us. I won’t accept that.
If money was the issue we would have won by now. Maybe changing coaches every 5 years or so has something to do with that.

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023

If money was the issue we would have won by now. Maybe changing coaches every 5 years or so has something to do with that.
Repeatedly hiring the WRONG coaches may have something to do with that. We hired Muschamp for goodness sakes.

Reactions: SouthernBelly

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
I’ll take 8-4 most years. Not asking for much

Its year 4. We should just be better. Thats all
That is my point.. every coach has gone downhill...even after a smidge of success. So, while bringing in a new coach adds excitement and maybe some early recruiting success, it is never long lasting and that even goes for HOF coaches.

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022

When you have been a fan for 50 years you will

Cybercock

Jan 20, 2022

The product we put on the field is out of your control. Accepting or not accepting is your choice.
I used to let it ruin my weekend until i figured out the laugh was on me for caring that much about winning.
Call it loser mentality if you like.

Reactions: USCEE82

Goose_Cretian

Jan 21, 2022
I'm proud of the defense.....I'm proud of the offense.....I. proud of the special teams....I'm proud of the effort.....

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023
That is my point.. every coach has gone downhill...even after a smidge of success. So, while bringing in a new coach adds excitement and maybe some early recruiting success, it is never long lasting and that even goes for HOF coaches.
Then maybe we should just join the ACC. Wait that won’t work. Maybe AAC? Probably more like SoCon. Maybe.
When you have been a fan for 50 years you will
Im 56. I have been a fan all my life.

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
If I could hop in a Time Machine I’d tell my parents I want to go to school out of state, to a winning football skool.

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
I am 72, a graduate of USC, in 1974. I have always pulled for two teams, USC and you guessed it, the Cleveland Indians. My engine light is on these days, and I have little hope that I will ever see anything good between the two teams.
Im sorry dude, you deserve better!

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
Well at least the big news of the day will be Vandy beating Bama and not that we couldn't even score a single TD with our inept QB!

Reactions: Lurker123

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
Do you think keeping Beamer will bring us a title?

Is a championship the only measurement? Because I feel we'll be lacking regardless.
I agree so why fire Beamer and go spend millions of dollars to do it all over again? Ever seen the movie Ground Hog Day? Sorta the same scenario but in the movie he learns a little something new everyday. At Carolina we learn nothing....just rinse and repeat! By the way...I don't think Nick Saban himself would bring a championship to Carolina!

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
Our team sucks. The end.
Everyone has a bad game. Bama just lost, but we've played 5 games this year and we looked absolutely pathetic and undisciplined in 2 of them. Today followed an extra week to prepare. Beamer cannot beat a superior coach when the latter's back is against the wall.

Meanwhile, for those with TDS, Clemp is getting better as the season proceeds.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I agree so why fire Beamer and go spend millions of dollars to do it all over again? Ever seen the movie Ground Hog Day? Sorta the same scenario but in the movie he learns a little something new everyday. At Carolina we learn nothing....just rinse and repeat!

With a new hire, there is a chance to improve. Keeping a loser has either no chance or less chance, imo.

By your reasoning, we should still have muschamp as a coach.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login