On Leach and the future.....

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
The bottom line is this is as bad as a Leach team will be here at MSU. This is the bottom.

"Why?"

I'm glad you asked.

Every room on the offense is steadily getting better!

-Look at the QB room. Record breakers in 6 and 7a schools. And we are adding yet another 4 star QB. They are HERE because of Leach. While on this subject. I love what ROGERS has done for MSU! If you think HS QBs are not paying attention to him and Leach, you simply don't want to see it. We will ALWAYS, NIL OR NOT, have QBs above the grade of Rogers!

- Look at the WR room. We are adding yet another 4 star to that room and will add.

- Look at the RB room. You see what we have, You see what's coming in. They WANT to learn to catch it out of the backfield to prep for the NFL.

- The OL... Wait til these younger guys grow into this. Not converts from an older and different system.

Be patient.

BTW.... Mike Leach has won 7 games against Ranked teams in 36 games. It took Mullen over 100 games... 107 in fact to do the same!

Last edited:

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
The bottom line is this is as bad as a Leach team will be here at MSU. This is the bottom.

"Why?"

I'm glad you asked.

-Look at the QB room. Record breakers in 6 and 7a schools. And we are adding yet another 4 star QB. They are HERE because of Leach. While on this subject. I love what ROGERS has done for MSU! If you think HS QBs are not paying attention to him and Leach, you simply don't want to see it. We will ALWAYS, NIL OR NOT, have QBs above the grade of Rogers!

- Look at the WR room. We are adding yet another 4 star to that room and will add.

- Look at the RB room. You see what we have, You see what's coming in. They WANT to learn to catch it out of the backfield to prep for the NFL.

- The OL... Wait til these younger guys grow into this. Not converts from an older and different system.

Be patient.
I’m not on the train of wanting to tar and feather Leach… however, you’re too much of a homer for your own good. I remember you being upset when sloppy Joe was fired.

Bottom line is the offense needs to be much better. Overall result in and 8-4 season is not bad and at the end of the day that’s all that matters… but QB play has to be better and Leach needs to be better.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
the defense will take a step back next year. they're going to have to play way above their heads. we are just losing too much. the offense should be better, but they won't have the luxury of having as stout a D as this year bailing them out of a bunch of 3 and outs.

Reactions: pmack3641

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I’m not on the train of wanting to tar and feather Leach… however, you’re too much of a homer for your own good. I remember you being upset when sloppy Joe was fired.

Bottom line is the offense needs to be much better. Overall result in and 8-4 season is not bad and at the end of the day that’s all that matters… but QB play has to be better and Leach needs to be better.
No you don't remember me being upset. As I said then and am saying now. Firing a coach (which most wanted well before the behind the scene issues were known) in year to is stupid! Ignorant. Once it was known what was happening, I was on board for him being fired!

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
the defense will take a step back next year. they're going to have to play way above their heads. we are just losing too much. the offense should be better, but they won't have the luxury of having as stout a D as this year bailing them out of a bunch of 3 and outs.
I disagree.

It's reported that several Sr defensive Srs will return that participated in Sr Day. Pickering was mentioned. Collin Duncan. Another that could come back and is considering, Bookie.

Our LBs corp will be faster and over all better.

Reactions: josebrown

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Losing Forbes and Jett is gonna be tough on the defense next year
Telling you, those LBs behind them are faster and been in the system!

We were going to take a step back when we lost his counter part to the NFL. We recruited for this. Banks. Morrant, Washington, and will get a portal pick or two. DeCarlos...

We also have previous year recruits.

We are going to be ok!

Oct 7, 2022

"Why?"

I'm glad you asked.

Be patient.

BTW.... Mike Leach has won 7 games against Ranked teams in 36 games. It took Mullen over 100 games... 107 in fact to do the same!
That’s great and all. And we’ll see what happens next year.

I’m holding out. I like folks that adapt to talent on hand playing to their strengths. I’ve never been an advocate of a “system “ because the bottom line is putting talent in position to make plays regardless of system.

If that’s the I, wishbone, T, splitback pro, ace, run and shoot, pistol, air raid or a combination of all the above I don’t give a ****. Find the mismatch and exploit the hell out of it until they stop it.

Good on Leach for his first egg bowl win.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
That’s great and all. And we’ll see what happens next year.

I’m holding out. I like folks that adapt to talent on hand playing to their strengths. I’ve never been an advocate of a “system “ because the bottom line is putting talent in position to make plays regardless of system.

If that’s the I, wishbone, T, splitback pro, ace, run and shoot, pistol, air raid or a combination of all the above I don’t give a ****. Find the mismatch and exploit the hell out of it until they stop it.

Good on Leach for his first egg bowl win.

Well, that's good and all... but Leach has now beaten more ranked teams in this short of a time frame than any other coach in MSU history.

7 ranked teams beat in 36 games.

Mullen got to 7 in 107 games!

So yep. That's great AND all!

Reactions: HRMSU
Oct 7, 2022
Well, that's good and all... but Leach has now beaten more ranked teams in this short of a time frame than any other coach in MSU history.

The back and forth here could be endless. You win.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022

Great stat, leach has elevated the program

cant wait to destroy Clemson, no or Iowa in a bowl game on the way to nine wins

Reactions: Ibdancin

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
He earned another year tonight. Since JWS lifted us out of the mire you can NOT lose to the Confederates three straight years. Honestly you have to keep around .500 with them at least. That is the BASELINE to keep your job. It doesn't mean you can keep it, it's just the first level on your evaluation, one you can not fail.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
He earned another year tonight. Since JWS lifted us out of the mire you can NOT lose to the Confederates three straight years. Honestly you have to keep around .500 with them at least. That is the BASELINE to keep your job. It doesn't mean you can keep it, it's just the first level on your evaluation, one you can not fail.
Sour grapes

Lol

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Sour grapes

Lol
Not at all! There no such thing as a bad win over them. I'm a happy guy tonight! Woke the neighborhood up ringing my cowbell tonight! I love doing that! It had been a while! Now why any MSU fan would have "Grover" as a handle is beyond me. That is a bit.....strange, as has been noted. Maybe you are a Sesame Street fan and are oblivious the the "TRAADITUN" of the grove.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

sparks35

Oct 12, 2019
I like Leach, I hate his stubbornness but I do think contrary to popular belief, the system can work. Just not in its “normal” state. The A&M, Arkansas and Ole Miss games are considered “outlier” games for Leach, because he has to run more than he wants. Tonight was a great example of what happens when you commit to running the ball regularly, even if it isn’t working great early. And then look what happens, it opens up big pass play opportunities. What a concept!

I don’t want to attack Rogers like some do, I think the guy is genuinely doing the best he can. But he is absolutely holding the offense back. Get someone with the same kind of arm talent who can also work the pocket a little bit and just give you enough scrambling ability to pick up a handful of yards, and we go from 8 wins this year to probably 10, maybe even a shot at 11 because Alabama was down.

Either way, it’ll be interesting to watch next year. We’re losing a lot defensively!

Reactions: pmack3641
Oct 7, 2022
I like Leach, I hate his stubbornness but I do think contrary to popular belief, the system can work. Just not in its “normal” state. The A&M, Arkansas and Ole Miss games are considered “outlier” games for Leach, because he has to run more than he wants. Tonight was a great example of what happens when you commit to running the ball regularly, even if it isn’t working great early. And then look what happens, it opens up big pass play opportunities. What a concept!

I don’t want to attack Rogers like some do, I think the guy is genuinely doing the best he can. But he is absolutely holding the offense back. Get someone with the same kind of arm talent who can also work the pocket a little bit and just give you enough scrambling ability to pick up a handful of yards, and we go from 8 wins this year to probably 10, maybe even a shot at 11 because Alabama was down.

Either way, it’ll be interesting to watch next year. We’re losing a lot defensively!
Good, honest take.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Losing Forbes and Jett is gonna be tough on the defense next year
Forbes is irreplaceable. Banks will be a good player for us though. JP Purvis isn’t a bad replacement for Jett at all. JP is a damn good football player. Getting Crumedy back is the difference maker. And considering Jordan Davis didn’t play much at all, maybe he can get a medical hardship for last year. Don’t know what Jackie Matthew’s eligibility is, but man, it would be nice to have him back

Reactions: HailStateTate

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

Run more than he wants which is what he is doing.

LOL!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login