OT/On topic/WTH knows: Which posters have been here longest?

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Reading the other thread and thinking about Sixpack's Peak made me wonder, besides the original 6, which one of you clowns (no offense) has been posting here the longest?

I know there are supposed "signup dates" on everyone's profile, but (a) I know mine is off by at least 17 years, so I figure others may be too; and (b) I don't know how to look up a list anyway so I thought I'd ask.

I know for sure I was on the board in 2005, could have been '04, but I think several of you were already posting at that point. Some under old usernames I know.

Whatcha got?

Reactions: dawgstudent

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I really don't have a single clue because I lurked mostly due to the cool kid clique. I got married in 07, and I know I was on before that.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
My bio says Feb '08 but that was when I changed user names I think. I was originally Dawgebag but another dawgebag came along and I changed so not sure exact start up date of Dawgebag. I know this site was real new because I had been a Genespager for a good while and I heard about this new site that some guys had started and they didn't care if you spoke negatively about anything MSU as opposed to the "yes Masser Gene, anything you say" mentality of ole Gene Jortman and I said "that's for me". Before Genespage and the interwebs there was the old Dawgsbite Newspaper that came out weekly. I was subscribed to it probably 50 years ago now, back when Joe Dier was writing it and then along came David Murray at some point and joined Dawgsbite.

Edit: Not proud to say that back then when I first started there was a lot of posts written about the tailgate parties at the blue tent tailgate and the short bus in left field lounge. I looked for those blue tents and the short bus in LFL for a long time before I realized I had been had...........

Last edited:

Tractorman

Mar 15, 2009
this may turn into a memory thread... but y'all remember the texas instruments football attendance predictor, and the dude nailed it perfectly? He had some inside connection for sure or the guy that put it out read sps and was having fun. Regardless that was cool.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
this may turn into a memory thread... but y'all remember the texas instruments football attendance predictor, and the dude nailed it perfectly? He had some inside connection for sure or the guy that put it out read sps and was having fun. Regardless that was cool.

YesIAmAPirate

Oct 3, 2022
I'm not sure if I was posting then, but I was a regular and remember reading the DD and horseface in real-time. I graduated from State in 06 and I think it was around that time

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Palmettodog

Aug 22, 2012
Reading the other thread and thinking about Sixpack's Peak made me wonder, besides the original 6, which one of you clowns (no offense) has been posting here the longest?

I know there are supposed "signup dates" on everyone's profile, but (a) I know mine is off by at least 17 years, so I figure others may be too; and (b) I don't know how to look up a list anyway so I thought I'd ask.

I know for sure I was on the board in 2005, could have been '04, but I think several of you were already posting at that point. Some under old usernames I know.

Whatcha got?
Somewhere around 05-06 for me, and an old username (BR549)

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I lost my original user. I kept the name, but the account got eaten in an early transfer. I do remember it was quite early on, and I have to Credit another website with helping me find this place.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
November 13, 2004 is when I signed up. I know I lurked well before that because I moved in July of 2004 and know I had been reading for close to a year in the old house…

Last edited:

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

Whatcha got?
I coined the phrase “Ronophile” back in the early stages of Polk’s 2nd tenure here. RoseBowl did not approve, so I was here soon after.

Fun fact, I also coined the phrases “Midweek” McCaskill and Ben “Tylersbro” on this board.

• Haha

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Started reading in 08/09 joined in 10. Thought SPS gave my laptop a virus so I stayed away for a bit.

Turns out it was an online port of Worms3D I was playing with friends across different states.

Rejoined in 2012/13 with this handle. I think my old was a version of the same as well.

• Haha

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I'm not sure if I was posting then, but I was a regular and remember reading the DD and horseface in real-time. I graduated from State in 06 and I think it was around that time
That is one of my all time favorite threads, it kept on giving and giving for days. Those two dug their holes deeper and deeper with every post.

Reactions: BigBully

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
pete holmes late to the party GIF by Team Coco

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login