OT: Rivian $42k Repair Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
L4 thinks that tonight the Evil Gub'ment will steal all the ICE cars and replace it with EV's. and make them all drive until the battery is at 1% then make them charge at the same time. Every night until there is no more santa claus.

or he doesn't understand how things work.
Your reading comprehension is nil. I have already posted that as soon as they meet my needs I want to buy one. They just don't meet my needs right now. I should know better than to argue about religion. It is fun though!

Reactions: patdog

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Have no idea of the costs.

My point was mstate golfer wrote a book and didn't really give us much info in it.

The less words a man can say and still get his point across the better.
I provided specifics. I even provided info that you later asked for, so I gave pre-emptive specifics.

But yeah, it's my fault for providing enough info to not have you ask questions, only to be told that was too much info to read and have the questions be asked. My bad.***

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
The EARLIEST of these proposals are 18 years away....

If your precious High school football trips cannot take a 10 minute delay, you have other issues.

If only there were some program to add fast Chargers in Rural Mississippi. Maybe funded by the Power company.

Again, if you don't want one, don't get one.

But to say "it won't work for Rural Mississippi" is false.
Get it down to 10 minutes and have usable non-crowded charging stations as thickly spread as gas stations are now and I'll be in. For sure. I like everything about them except range, charge time, and repair cost and convenience. For now I don't have to buy an EV and I won't. Thankfully I'm not in the market for any vehicle right now. But with the things that are coming down the pipe that day is coming.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Get it down to 10 minutes and have usable non-crowded charging stations as thickly spread as gas stations are now and I'll be in. For sure. I like everything about them except range, charge time, and repair cost and convenience. For now I don't have to buy an EV and I won't. Thankfully I'm not in the market for any vehicle right now. But with the things that are coming down the pipe that day is coming.
Exactly. For a lot of people an EV is a good choice today. For me, it’s not. As the technology & infrastructure improves and the price & repair costs come down, it’s not a question of if I’ll buy an EV, it’s a question of when. 20-40 years from now, no one will want an ICE vehicle.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Exactly. For a lot of people an EV is a good choice today. For me, it’s not. As the technology & infrastructure improves and the price & repair costs come down, it’s not a question of if I’ll buy an EV, it’s a question of when. 20-40 years from now, no one will want an ICE vehicle.
Except the über rich people who will flaunt them as a status symbol of “I’m so rich I can pay for the gas and whatnot” and then brag about the carbon offsets to make their buddies feel better.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I provided specifics. I even provided info that you later asked for, so I gave pre-emptive specifics.

But yeah, it's my fault for providing enough info to not have you ask questions, only to be told that was too much info to read and have the questions be asked. My bad.***
TLDR

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
L4 thinks that tonight the Evil Gub'ment will steal all the ICE cars and replace it with EV's. and make them all drive until the battery is at 1% then make them charge at the same time. Every night until there is no more santa claus.

or he doesn't understand how things work.
ChE thinks the government is efficient and has the best interest of the people in mind most of the time.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
it's 103 here in the Houston area today and only cools off to 80 at night. It's been hot like that for weeks. I cool down to 65 at night and keep it at 72 in the day and mine only runs for 8 hours a day.
It varies. Rule of thumb for AC design is it should get the house to 15-20F below the outside, carried over to how many tons are needed per SF. Too many these days follow that rule of thumb like it's a law, so houses with no shade and bad insulative design get undersized chillers. I've got a brick house with no shade so I oversized by a full ton when I had to replace my unit...and I am only getting 23 F below outside. When my wife complains these summer days that the house won't stay at 70, I kick myself and wish I'd gone a half ton higher...but not too hard because oversizing carries high humidity risk, so I made the right call with the info I had. Mine doesn't run too much from 9pm to 9am in this heat, but it's running continuously from 9am to 9pm on a sunny day. (ETA: I take that back, it's off from 3-6, and takes till about 9pm to cool back down to 70 after 6pm. Otherwise it would probably catch up earlier than that.)

Reactions: ChE1997

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
The more I read about the Ioniq 5, the more I like about it and I didn't know anything about it until this thread.

But even though I like it, I'm not in its target audience because of my driving profile (300-500 mile road trips) so I'll be looking at Hybrids.
I went to go buy a hybrid Ioniq 5 but they stopped making them. I decided go all EV and no regrets so far but my wife still drives an ICE, we got options.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
One thing guys… I take a page from the Chinese:

They claim to have sold more EVs than anyone (never trust their numbers) but they are also building new oil refineries.

I may be advocating for EVs but I am not shitting on ICE VEHICLES. Those things have a known ability and we know they work but at a cost. Can we find something better that costs us less does not mean what we have now is ****.

last post on the subject, Have a blessed night!

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Random tidbit…the one person I know that owns a Tesla model 3 has his charger set to charge from 11pm to 5am for off peak pricing and he has it set to charge at reduced amp draw 30A instead of 48A.
It seems like some people think that as soon as a charger is plugged in, it immediately starts drawing from the grid and that’s just not the case.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
Your reading comprehension is nil. I have already posted that as soon as they meet my needs I want to buy one. They just don't meet my needs right now. I should know better than to argue about religion. It is fun though!
or it's sarcasm and you dont get that...

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
ChE thinks the government is efficient and has the best interest of the people in mind most of the time.
Or I think the government does manythings better than private industry, and that the current GOP has and is doing as much as possible to break the government to show you how bad it is, so that they and their donors can transfer more money to the rich and destroy the worker class.

Reactions: Boom Boom

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
Random tidbit…the one person I know that owns a Tesla model 3 has his charger set to charge from 11pm to 5am for off peak pricing

What power providers in MS offer off peak pricing? Most rural providers have just one rate per kwh.

Tupelo Water & Light Department
Residential Electric Rates
Rates effective July 1, 2023.
These rates apply to all customers receiving residential service.
Customer Charge $10.50
Energy Charge – per kWh $0.07435
FCA Charge – per kWh $0.02639

Fuel Cost Adjustment (FCA)

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
What power providers in MS offer off peak pricing? Most rural providers have just one rate per kwh.

Customer Charge $10.50

I’m not aware of any. I know MS Power gives a rebate (or credit) for installing a level 2 charger in your home but I’m limited to knowledge of them, Singing River and maybe 2-3 other providers in the state. The one instance I was speaking of was in Mobile.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Or I think the government does manythings better than private industry, and that the current GOP has and is doing as much as possible to break the government to show you how bad it is, so that they and their donors can transfer more money to the rich and destroy the worker class.
I’ve worked for the government as a w2 employee.
I’ve worked for businesses that had to get things approved through the government.

If you think they are above a 70% passing grade, I can’t help the level of dumb you are. Or you are just lying.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I went to go buy a hybrid Ioniq 5 but they stopped making them. I decided go all EV and no regrets so far but my wife still drives an ICE, we got options.
Why would they stop making something so high in demand and revolutionary?

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I’m not aware of any. I know MS Power gives a rebate (or credit) for installing a level 2 charger in your home but I’m limited to knowledge of them, Singing River and maybe 2-3 other providers in the state. The one instance I was speaking of was in Mobile.
None in MS that I know. There is no need right now BUT that can change as the demand changes.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I’ve worked for the government as a w2 employee.
I’ve worked for businesses that had to get things approved through the government.

If you think they are above a 70% passing grade, I can’t help the level of dumb you are. Or you are just lying.
How about health insurance, private companies keep 48 cents of every dollar given to them.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
How about health insurance, private companies keep 48 cents of every dollar given to them.
I’d love to see the financial statements to prove this bc you can’t find a major health insurer that puts 48% of sales to profit.

And, if you can, blame that on the government bc I’d be hustling my @$$ off to make 20% and put them out of business but barriers to entry and all.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
I’d love to see the financial statements to prove this bc you can’t find a major health insurer that puts 48% of sales to profit.

And, if you can, blame that on the government bc I’d be hustling my @$$ off to make 20% and put them out of business but barriers to entry and all.
He didn't say profit. He said keeping it.

Do health insurance companies workers all work for free?

In 2022, Big Insurance revenues reached $1.25 trillion and profits soared to $69.3 billion. That's a 300% increase in revenue and a 287% increase in profits from 2012, when revenue was $412.9 billion and profits were $24 billion.
That's $10,200 per family that we are paying extra for health insurance per year.....

For other things the government is better than private industry at, I'll say infrastructure.

I challenge you to drive anywhere on only Private roads.

Or fly

Or take a boat to another place.

Or get natural gas to your house with only private companies

If you are in North Mississippi (and most of the country), have Electricity (while it's owned by private companies now just the Rural Electrification Administration built 43% of our current national grid) ,

Or make a phone call

or use the internet

As for you being a W2 Government worker. It sucks that you were such a slacker that your own opinion of your own work is that poor.

Reactions: dorndawg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
They went pure EV. I wondered myself why. I should look into that.
To me personally, I don't want a hybrid. Seems like just another system to go wrong and I'm not sure the extra savings are worth it. I either want an EV or an ICE, not both in one car. Not sure if that's really rational though or whether any significant number of buyers would share that opinion. But I could see a lot of the people drawn to EV for the supposed environmental savings thinking a hybrid isn't good enough. So that may have been the push to go full electric. Just a guess obviously.

Reactions: Hot Rock

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

Customer Charge $10.50

Coast electric.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
He didn't say profit. He said keeping it.

Do health insurance companies workers all work for free?

That's $10,200 per family that we are paying extra for health insurance per year.....

For other things the government is better than private industry at, I'll say infrastructure.

I challenge you to drive anywhere on only Private roads.

Or fly

Or take a boat to another place.

Or get natural gas to your house with only private companies

If you are in North Mississippi (and most of the country), have Electricity (while it's owned by private companies now just the Rural Electrification Administration built 43% of our current national grid) ,

Or make a phone call

or use the internet

As for you being a W2 Government worker. It sucks that you were such a slacker that your own opinion of your own work is that poor.
If a company is paying an employee they aren’t keeping the money.
So they aren’t keeping 48% of every dollar. Not even close.

I worked for the government for a year. Did 18 hours of work a week. Sat on my hands for 22 hrs. Bc there wasn’t enough to do. Trust me I tried.
You could have cut the department by 25% and raised everyone’s salary by 15% and been way better off for the state and the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login