OT Russia has problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Once The Soviet Union collapsed why was there a rush by Europe & America to expand NATO other than to kick The Wounded Bear while it was down? Don't get me wrong, there's nothing politically or societally I hate more than communism but our overlords sometimes just don't know their limitations.
That, and western businessmen going there and taking advantage of the collapse to reap enormous profits matters. Putin has mentioned some of this. He's really suspicious of the West. It's not about what's right or what's moral. We wouldn't want China putting troops in Mexico or having a military alliance with Mexico. And those weak eastern European countries want NATO protection and for good reason.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I just text a really good friend of mine who is a Colonel in the Army who works at the Pentagon who we are pulling for. He may not respond on the matter. It will be interesting.
What about if they just blow each other up?

• Haha
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
My name is not Vladimir and I’m just telling you what Lindsey Graham said. Article 5 will be invoked because radiation will travel on air currents to NATO countries, which Lindsey said is an attack on NATO. He also said NATO will completely destroy ALL of Russia’s military. Look it up and watch their press conference on CSPAN. And yes, the CIA has been meddling in Ukraine since the Obama administration at least.
Except Obama put his VP in charge of ALL Things Ukraine. Chickens coming home to roost.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I get what a lot of people are saying that warn about the uncertainty, but his comments about the Ukraine invasion make it seem like he’d be more open to the West.
I am thinking they know who he is and have an idea what he would do. I think if it was someone we had to worry about when it comes to the Nukes it might be a different story.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Wagner marching now towards Moscow. Grab the popcorn. Are they pissed at the war itself or lack of war toys to complete the mission?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Hitler actually started in June also. He thought they’d capture Moscow before winter.

So did Napolean. Forgot the sarcasterisks.

But seriously, I don't think that matters anymore. Supply of munitions trumps it.

Somehow I’m thinking you’re not the first person to think that.

Now will this still be the case is the issue…

…but in the meantime…

IMG_5092.jpeg

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
PMC Wagner are mercenaries though so not quite Marines, more like a Russian version of Academi (Blackwater) marching to the DC. But in Russia, they are probably they most highly trained and organized, so yeah I guess kinda like the Marines in a way.

They claim a camp was hit by russian missile and chopper fire that killed a bunch of folks. Add that to the rationing of the supplies they need that had already pushed them to the brink. It's gonna be a mess over there.
Wagner claims to have already shot down 2 choppers and took over a pretty big city. Local military may be on their side. Russian chopper blew up an oil depot in the city to prevent them from using it.

Very interesting to see Russia fall from what many considered a world power militarily just a few years ago, to essentially a paper tiger with nukes. I'd like to think people are smart enough not to use nukes ever again, but humans gonna human, so we have to see how this whole ordeal unfolds

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Oh, so more money needs to go to national defense?
The US spends 2.8x more than the next closest country. And in 3 years since this graph, the US increased spending by $145 billion.

But yeah, a drastic increase is needed.

I'd like an audit passed before an increase

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Maybe they noticed how disastrous and expensive and useless the occupation was and how we were repeatedly lied to about it. Or maybe they're so loyal to a political party, or a political leader, that they believe what they're told is the right thing to believe. A lot of Dems got all anti-Putin especially after being told how anti LGBTQ+ and some other letters and numbers he was.
Perhaps some did realize how disastrous and expensive it was. I have read and heard many defend the Afghan invasion and occupation even now, while then complaining about the US helping Ukraine.

It's a special kind of disconnect.

And frankly, I firmly think that many hold that view because of who is in charge.

As for Putin, the dude has been a dangerous dick for a quarter century now. The homophobic views from the top have existed for decades(plural) and have been very well known. Heck, I remember the tATu controversy 20 years ago when those two fake lesbians riled up Russian media. Anti-inclusion is hardly new over there.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It was also wild how nuts right wing commentators were when Obama rolled over and let Putin take full control of the crimea in 2014. Now most of those exact same folks don't think we should be spending a dime to help Ukraine.
WHAT TO BELIEVE?? HOW TO FEEL? Who the 17 knows?
Yes very good point on the Crimea situation from 14. That should not be forgotten.

The Gaslighting is strong. And the cognitive dissonance is strong.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
It really doesn't matter at this point where and how much anyone thinks we (the USA) should spend defending Ukraine, building up our military, etc because we are 17ing broke. We don't have it to spend. $32T in debt and inflation at the point we can't really print anymore. Like my old man used to say, want in one hand and schit in the other and see which one fills up quickest.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Perhaps some did realize how disastrous and expensive it was. I have read and heard many defend the Afghan invasion and occupation even now, while then complaining about the US helping Ukraine.

It's a special kind of disconnect.

And frankly, I firmly think that many hold that view because of who is in charge.

As for Putin, the dude has been a dangerous dick for a quarter century now. The homophobic views from the top have existed for decades(plural) and have been very well known. Heck, I remember the tATu controversy 20 years ago when those two fake lesbians riled up Russian media. Anti-inclusion is hardly new over there.
I was half-heartedly joking about the anti-LBGT stuff because I know progressives who will, for instance, say genocide and murder are bad but then they get more angry and emotional over someone not using a person's preferred pronouns. "Damn. Jackson had another murder. That's too bad. Yeah, but did you hear that transphobe misgender and then deadname that wonderful woman. What a horrible human being."

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Prigozhin has ordered the group advancing on Moscow to stop.
Ukrainians stopped Russian convoys. They're sitting ducks on those roads. Can't imagine things turning out well for Prigozhin if Putin stays in power. Dude should have maybe stuck to catering and restaurants.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Yup. Totally stupid take unless you're educated and informed on the topic, you used the phrase "segments of the right," a phrase that doesn't mean the entire Right, and you know that The Right, isn't really a monolithic thing. It's not hard to find evidence for the reasonable, accurate things I wrote:
"A YouGov poll in January found that Republicans viewed Putin more favorably than they viewed President Biden, Kamala Harris or Nancy Pelosi."
You do realize that this doesn’t mean they support Putin, don’t you? It just shows how much people dislike/distrust the latter three. Regardless, none of those four have America’s interest at heart.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Ukrainians stopped Russian convoys. They're sitting ducks on those roads. Can't imagine things turning out well for Prigozhin if Putin stays in power. Dude should have maybe stuck to catering and restaurants.
There is a window with his name on it for sure.

Reactions: T-TownDawgg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I don't think Russia has the equipment to stop him. They were buying drones from Iran. Drones are gone. Shot down. Why has the Russian Air Force strike? I suspect because his column has ZSU's. Those are some bad Mothers. In order to engage some things, have to take place. First you need Artillery to suppress and mark the target. I doubt he has too many artillery pieces left and the ones he has are in Ukraine. It would be a suicide mission. I suspect all of his missiles are used up as well. Putin shot all his **** Ukraine thinking his military was a monster and Ukraine Millitary would not fight. It is going to be interesting.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
You do realize that this doesn’t mean they support Putin, don’t you? It just shows how much people dislike/distrust the latter three. Regardless, none of those four have America’s interest at heart.
"favorable view of Putin" is from the poll. It's a small segment but that implies some support for his policies in Russia. I suppose I could change the word "support" to a segment of the Republican base has a favorable view of Putin although it sort of means the same thing. A more favorable view of Putin than of elected American leaders. Kind of interesting. What's the basis of that favorable view?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
"favorable view of Putin" is from the poll. It's a small segment but that implies some support for his policies in Russia. I suppose I could change the word "support" to a segment of the Republican base has a favorable view of Putin although it sort of means the same thing. A more favorable view of Putin than of elected American leaders. Kind of interesting. What's the basis of that favorable view?
Maybe "favorable view" is being mistaken for "we don't need to be 17ing around over there."

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Maybe "favorable view" is being mistaken for "we don't need to be 17ing around over there."
Could be. But there were polls before the Russian invasion before this showing something similar. Basically, Trump got along with Putin and those who really liked Trump likely had the "favorable views." He changed the views of lots of people. Most Republicans in that poll didn't have a favorable view of Putin.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I think you’re still confusing the “more favorable” with ”support”. I have a “more favorable” view of corndogs than I do of landsharks, but I detest both. It’s like who’s the tallest midget; they’re both midgets and neither are tall.

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
“It’s a false flag op by Putin”, Rebekah Koffler

Last edited:

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Could be. But there were polls before the Russian invasion before this showing something similar. Basically, Trump got along with Putin and those who really liked Trump likely had the "favorable views." He changed the views of lots of people. Most Republicans in that poll didn't have a favorable view of Putin.
Yet Trump rejected Nordstream but Team Biden green greenlighted it while cancelling Keystone. Under Trump Putin doesn't act nor would the Chi-Coms be setting up military spy installations in Kooba.

Last edited:

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Obama got along with Putin as well. Even going as far as to imply he would be “more flexible after the election”. Even Hillary provided them with our uranium. If that doesn’t ooze a friendly status, I don’t know what does.

Sidenote: these facts made the whole “Russian collusion” more humorous to me. Granted, not as funny as after when it turned out to be fabricated by the people crying about it.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I think you’re still confusing the “more favorable” with ”support”. I have a “more favorable” view of corndogs than I do of landsharks, but I detest both. It’s like who’s the tallest midget; they’re both midgets and neither are tall.
Well if you put it that way. But, I really don't understand how anyone can have a favorable view of landsharks, even my cousins who graduated from that place.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
None of this actually makes the Russian military look any good. Trouble against Ukraine and they just had a few thousand former convicts and mercenaries travel like 500 miles before turning back. They do have nukes, though. But, they also looked awful against the Finns in 1940 and ended up killing over 80% of the German troops killed in WWII so who knows. Russia's hard to figure out sometimes.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

You’re comparing 3 democratically elected leaders in a country that has had free elections for 250 years to a guy who literally bribed, imprisoned, and straight up murdered his way into power. The worst thing any of the 3 on our side did is choose a platform that was profoundly disagreed upon by slightly less than half of the country, which is the only option you really have in the US either way if you are to be elected.

The fact that ANY Americans would view Putin more favorably than our current leadership shows how 17ing brainwashed our electorate has become from the political WWE that is put on by Fox, CNN, and social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login