OT Russia has problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
You’re comparing 3 democratically elected leaders in a country that has had free elections for 250 years to a guy who literally bribed, imprisoned, and straight up murdered his way into power. The worst thing any of the 3 on our side did is choose a platform that was profoundly disagreed upon by slightly less than half of the country, which is the only option you really have in the US either way if you are to be elected.

The fact that ANY Americans would view Putin more favorably than our current leadership shows how 17ing brainwashed our electorate has become from the political WWE that is put on by Fox, CNN, and social media.
Some people are so dedicated to their ideology or party and see only evil in those who think differently. Coalitions change over time. The anti-vax crowd used to be on the left and now a segment of right has embraced it. It's not just opposition to lockdowns and mandates, legitimate concerns, but the vaccine itself and they focus on the small number of adverse reactions, something common in modern medicine, instead of the millions of lives saved. Part of it is the power of Trump. There's an abolish the FBI sign not far from my house. I doubt that's because whoever put that out can explain what's wrong with it. I'm guessing because the FBI went after their hero, Trump, and he criticized it so it's become implanted in the guy's brain that the FBI is now evil, something it wasn't about 5 years ago. Look at the craziness on the left too and their insistence on teaching kids that they can choose their own gender or that all institutions in America are structurally racist.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
You’re comparing 3 democratically elected leaders in a country that has had free elections for 250 years to a guy who literally bribed, imprisoned, and straight up murdered his way into power. The worst thing any of the 3 on our side did is choose a platform that was profoundly disagreed upon by slightly less than half of the country, which is the only option you really have in the US either way if you are to be elected.

The fact that ANY Americans would view Putin more favorably than our current leadership shows how 17ing brainwashed our electorate has become from the political WWE that is put on by Fox, CNN, and social media.
Be kind of interesting to see the same question asked of Democrats only using Putin and Trump.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012

I chuckle at the certainty of this statement.
I care not to debate you, but I think you’re as much as a victim of the brainwashing as you claim others are.

Reactions: Fang1

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Some people are so dedicated to their ideology or party and see only evil in those who think differently. Coalitions change over time. The anti-vax crowd used to be on the left and now a segment of right has embraced it. It's not just opposition to lockdowns and mandates, legitimate concerns, but the vaccine itself and they focus on the small number of adverse reactions, something common in modern medicine, instead of the millions of lives saved. Part of it is the power of Trump. There's an abolish the FBI sign not far from my house. I doubt that's because whoever put that out can explain what's wrong with it. I'm guessing because the FBI went after their hero, Trump, and he criticized it so it's become implanted in the guy's brain that the FBI is now evil, something it wasn't about 5 years ago. Look at the craziness on the left too and their insistence on teaching kids that they can choose their own gender or that all institutions in America are structurally racist.
To your point, there’s as much wrong with Trump supporters as there are people with TDS. If you can’t acknowledge this, you’re no better than those you deride.

To your anti-vax comment, do you think that group would be as large if there wasn’t such a massive push for taking the vaccine? That’s the driving factor. And the push was done in such a fascist manner (ironically by those who scream “fascism“ at every turn). The government pushed companies to vax their employees and there was the whole “show your papers” culture. That had nothing to do with Trump.

To be clear, I’m in no way a Trump supporter. I, like many of the TDS sufferers, wish he’d fade off into the sunset.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Be kind of interesting to see the same question asked of Democrats only using Putin and Trump.
MSNBC peeps are already saying DeSantis is a fascist and worse than Trump because he's more competent. That's the playbook. Republicans are just fascists and racists according to those "journalists." I once criticized something Trump did at a gathering in Nola, an all white gathering, full of college educated progressives and I heard comments such as "all white Republicans are racists." They assumed I was one of them. The party was full of self-congratulatory white progressives who love saying how much like like diversity and inclusion at their all-white affairs. None of them would even consider living in Nola East or even teaching in a majority minority public school in New Orleans. But they love diversity and inclusion, the visual, superficial diversity of people who think they way they do that you can count on one hand.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Yup. Totally stupid take unless you're educated and informed on the topic, you used the phrase "segments of the right," a phrase that doesn't mean the entire Right, and you know that The Right, isn't really a monolithic thing. It's not hard to find evidence for the reasonable, accurate things I wrote:
"A YouGov poll in January found that Republicans viewed Putin more favorably than they viewed President Biden, Kamala Harris or Nancy Pelosi."
Meanwhile the democrats continue to bow down to the CCP.....

Reactions: Fang1

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
To your point, there’s as much wrong with Trump supporters as there are people with TDS. If you can’t acknowledge this, you’re no better than those you deride.

To your anti-vax comment, do you think that group would be as large if there wasn’t such a massive push for taking the vaccine? That’s the driving factor. And the push was done in such a fascist manner (ironically by those who scream “fascism“ at every turn). The government pushed companies to vax their employees and there was the whole “show your papers” culture. That had nothing to do with Trump.

To be clear, I’m in no way a Trump supporter. I, like many of the TDS sufferers, wish he’d fade off into the sunset.
"To your anti-vax comment, do you think that group would be as large if there wasn’t such a massive push for taking the vaccine?" I think that's a factor and people like Fauci and from the CDC did lie to America about it's effectiveness. You also had Dems and docs begging Americans to socially distance and not go outdoors, unless of course it was for one of the George Floyd/anti-cop hysteria protests. Such hypocrisy. That didn't help and it was easy to see through their ******** of not letting you visit grandma on her deathbed in a hospital but you can go outside and burn **** and yell at cops. And yes there was/is TDS. His first three years were fine, the economy was good even though he tweeted and said some crazy stuff. I liked his foreign policy overall. The left clearly overreacted to him although I believe he was ill-equipped to deal with a pandemic which is why he got bossed around by Fauci and the CDC and supported those lockdowns for way too long. Look at how the left regards DeSantis today. The NAACP said it's dangerous for non-whites to go to Florida, something that's total b.s. It's more dangerous for blacks to live in Nola and Chicago, Philly and St. Louis but there's nothing from the NAACP on that.

Sweden and a few other countries didn't lock down, they did social distancing and vaccination when available, and handled it better. The lockdowns and mandates just went too far. Look at the incredible learning loss among K-12 students during Covid. Dems supported closing schools, something that screwed up the lives of a lot of kids.

Speaking of Trump, and I calmly mentioned this at a recent political rally to Trump supporters and without being yelled at or called names after, Republicans need to ditch the guy and go with DeSantis. He's got a conservative record of accomplishment in Florida and he wins. Far too many Americans hate Trump and the goal is to win. Trump won in 2016, you got some Supreme Court justices but it's time to move on. Give Dems another 4 years in office and that Supreme Court goes left because Thomas and Alito are old. And the judges and bureaucrats they will appoint throughout our judicial system and federal government might come from woke schools. Trump's peeps have lost in the last three national elections. Winning is what matters most and not loyalty to a personality who, I admit, is willing to defend people who vote Republican, something the country club Republicans don't do enough of.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007

Many us feel like we are too often having to vote against the opposing party's candidates rather than for our own. I know I'm tired of it .

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Look at the craziness on the left too and their insistence on teaching kids that they can choose their own gender

Fox News contributor & Republican Caitlyn Jenner is disappointed in you…

unimpressed caitlyn jenner GIF

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Speaking of Trump, and I calmly mentioned this at a recent political rally to Trump supporters and without being yelled at or called names after, Republicans need to ditch the guy and go with DeSantis. He's got a conservative record of accomplishment in Florida and he wins. Far too many Americans hate Trump and the goal is to win. Trump won in 2016, you got some Supreme Court justices but it's time to move on. Give Dems another 4 years in office and that Supreme Court goes left because Thomas and Alito are old. And the judges and bureaucrats they will appoint throughout our judicial system and federal government might come from woke schools. Trump's peeps have lost in the last three national elections. Winning is what matters most and not loyalty to a personality who, I admit, is willing to defend people who vote Republican, something the country club Republicans don't do enough of.
That's a reasonable take but Trump isnt going to allow an off-ramp for folks that want to bail on him. He's going to hijack the primaries with an irrational block of voters that will sit out if he's not the guy. Republicans have spent since 2016 catering to but also hoping these people gain some sense but it's never happening. You are going to have to continue to cater to them at the detriment of senate / Presidential contests or you are going to have to part ways with them and raid some voters that are voting democrat bc the party shifted too far right on the angry social grievance stuff.

Political parties don't like short term hits for long term success. So - they'll stay the course and let Trump keep being Trump until he's dead or in jail. We know he's just not going to fade away. That's not how narcissists are wired.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
That's a reasonable take but Trump isnt going to allow an off-ramp for folks that want to bail on him. He's going to hijack the primaries with an irrational block of voters that will sit out if he's not the guy. Republicans have spent since 2016 catering to but also hoping these people gain some sense but it's never happening. You are going to have to continue to cater to them at the detriment of senate / Presidential contests or you are going to have to part ways with them and raid some voters that are voting democrat bc the party shifted too far right on the angry social grievance stuff.

Political parties don't like short term hits for long term success. So - they'll stay the course and let Trump keep being Trump until he's dead or in jail. We know he's just not going to fade away. That's not how narcissists are wired.
Dump some of them and go for independents. The key is in battleground states in the Midwest, Virginia and North Carolina. Georgia is still red but has two Dem Senators because Trump endorsed the wrong people. The electorate is divided, I suspect the age of landslides (Reagan) are over. Go for the independents who aren't woke but despise Trump. I know many Republican women who secretly tell me how much they're bothered by Trump. Women are a big factor now. Appeal to hispanics and asian Americans. Don't worry about Blacks. They're never voting in large numbers for Republicans no matter what Republicans do.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Dump some of them and go for independents. The key is in battleground states in the Midwest, Virginia and North Carolina. Georgia is still red but has two Dem Senators because Trump endorsed the wrong people. The electorate is divided, I suspect the age of landslides (Reagan) are over. Go for the independents who aren't woke but despise Trump. I know many Republican women who secretly tell me how much they're bothered by Trump. Women are a big factor now. Appeal to hispanics and asian Americans. Don't worry about Blacks. They're never voting in large numbers for Republicans no matter what Republicans do. Hire a bunch of quants and find the voters in key districts. I think Republicans can win Arizona and maybe even Pennsylvania with the right candidate.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Yet Trump rejected Nordstream but Team Biden green greenlighted it while cancelling Keystone. Under Trump Putin doesn't act nor would the Chi-Coms be setting up military spy installations in Kooba.
Under Trump Putin wins already because he has Trump paid off. Why do you think he wanted Trump to win so badly? Keystone was not cancelled, it’s operating fine. Keystone XL is the political balloon and basically would shorten the time to get oil from Mexico by adding a new path. It’s been stopped and started by so many administrations now, any attempt to make that a contemporary problem is lacking in proper nuance.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Under Trump Putin wins already because he has Trump paid off. Why do you think he wanted Trump to win so badly? Keystone was not cancelled, it’s operating fine. Keystone XL is the political balloon and basically would shorten the time to get oil from Mexico by adding a new path. It’s been stopped and started by so many administrations now, any attempt to make that a contemporary problem is lacking in proper nuance.
So why didn’t Putin invade while Trump was president then?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

We HAVE no current leadership.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Oh well. I was hoping to see Putin deposed today but it ended up being just some crazy Russian politics. Go USA vs. Jamaica tonight

• Haha
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
You have the nerve to say TRUMP Was paid off while Team Biden's bank records on full display? You're worse than Rachel Maddow.

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
PMC Wagner group is on a march to overthrow military officials. “Fortress Moscow” has been activated. Ministry of Defense Generals are appealing for renewed allegiance to the “Supreme Commander”.

Imagine the Marines on a march for blood heading for DC, with support from the army, while the White House and Pentagon go into lockdowns and set up roadblocks to slow the coup.

In other news, Ukraine is reporting a shortage of popcorn.
ONe of those bastards will assassinate the other

Reactions: patdog

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
It’s amazing if you don’t believe in killing babies, mutilating children and drag shows in front of children you are a bad person nowadays. just because I rode in a Barbie Jeep when I was 6 don’t mean I wanted to transition to a female.
If you and your little Democrat buddy want to go Brokeback Mountain like a couple of Ole Miss Frat Rats on bid night than that’s your on prerogative. But don’t try to legislate it as normal.
Where’s the Tylenol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fang1 and MSUGUY

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Fox News contributor & Republican Caitlyn Jenner is disappointed in you…

unimpressed caitlyn jenner GIF
Amazing that one day in the past, the person in this photo you posted was one of the greatest male athletes ever! Plus, was a Gold Metal Decathlon Olympian. I remember a box of Wheaties with his picture on the front. Here it is.......
1687646663722.png

Last edited:

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
Yeah, it's been interesting to watch the dynamic between perception and military allegiance both by elected officials and common citizens.

2001 through 2008- if you are not with us you are against us. Anyone who even dared question the idea that we should indefinitely occupy Afghanistan and Iraq was called a *****, was accused of hating our troops, and was even accused of supporting the enemy.
These claims were made by conservatives in the Executive and Legislative branches as well as political commentators on radio, TV, and in print.
Leadership clearly wanted to nation build and underestimated the challenge.

2009 through 2016- people on both sides were supportive and critical of military occupation. We couldn't stop spending money and see all that has been invested be a waste. And couldn't stop supporting those who were trying to make the world safer.
Leadership didn't want to nation build, but didn't stop and couldn't see a path out.

2017 through 2020- people on both sides were supportive and critical of military occupation. More of the same- feelings of obligation and helplessness.
Leadership didn't want to nation build and made an agreement with a terrorist organization to hand back a country to them after almost 2 decades of trying to overthrow the organization.

2021 through 2023- conservative commentators are critical of a poor exit agreement not going well when the time comes. Liberal commentators continue to defend a poorly executed withdrawal.
Everyone supports troops in general.
The right now doesn't want to involve itself in defending another country from invasion while some on the left do and some don't.
It's confusing since the switch seems to be a 180 from what the right has pushed for over the prior 20 years and they try to Gaslight when called out.
Leadership doesn't know want to fight, but can't do nothing so they send money and weapons. Some agree with this while others criticize.

It's wild as 17. People who supported invading and occupying Afghanistan, even though it was totally unnecessary, criticize the US involving itself in any manner with helping Ukraine.
Wild.
Was a terrorist attack that killed 3k Americans plotted in the Ukraine?

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Was a terrorist attack that killed 3k Americans plotted in the Ukraine?
'The Ukraine'? No, 9/11 was not plotted in 'the Ukraine'. It also wasn't plotted in Ukraine.

- 9/11 was plotted in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Germany, Afghanistan, the US, and elsewhere I am sure(really don't remember and won't look it up.
- Many of the hijackers were in the US for well over 1 year before the attack.
- It was financed by backers In England, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, the US, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.
- No hijacker was from Afghanistan or from Iraq. Almost all were from Saudi Arabia with a few from Egypt and one other country, I think.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Back to the CURRENT situation.

It's looking more and more like a HOAX.
Not much blood, Wager Leader sent out of country.
Everybody else, Back to the Front

Marshall Law declared.

One of their ministers removed from office.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Back to the CURRENT situation.

It's looking more and more like a HOAX.
Not much blood, Wager Leader sent out of country.
Everybody else, Back to the Front

Marshall Law declared.

One of their ministers removed from office.
I don’t think it’s a hoax, I think the Wagner leader overplayed his hand. Making a “deal” where he gets sent to Belarus is basically just a postponement of his ultimate sentence, which will be death. His only real option once he entered Russia was to keep marching to Moscow. He flinched.

Reactions: L4Dawg and patdog

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
AWESOME!!! Consider this an interview. Why do I need to consider you in hiring for the position? Here is a qualifying statement: GOVERNMENT ALWAYS WASTES INSANE AMOUNTS OF MONEY. WE DID IT IN WWII, the COLD WAR, AND WE ARE DOING IT NOW. That is an absolute given. What has that got to do with the price of peas here? If it's needed for national security, it's needed.

PS: You will NOT get twice the amount done with half the budget. That is a commendable goal, one I would support. Here is an unfortunate FACT.......... even if you are elected President, you will NOT be given that power. You are asking to be appointed dictator. We are a REPRESENTIVE REPUBLIC. There is no room for a dictator, or DEMOCRACY, in our system. Long Live our Federal REPUBLIC!
I agree with most of this but we need to find a way to reward efficiency WITH effectiveness in our government.

If you save money in our system, you are penalized.

There are no incentives to be efficient AND effective.

There are no consequences.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Howdy Vladimir. That's absurd. Article 5 only applies to NATO members, which Ukraine is NOT. The US is THE most guilty country in this after Russia though. We essentially forced Ukraine to give up their inherited Soviet nukes, in agreement with the ex-Soviet turned Russian Imperialists of course. If they still had nukes the initial Russian Colonial Reconquista in 2014 would never have happened.
It’s possible to not be pro ukraine while also being anti Putin

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Dump some of them and go for independents. The key is in battleground states in the Midwest, Virginia and North Carolina. Georgia is still red but has two Dem Senators because Trump endorsed the wrong people. The electorate is divided, I suspect the age of landslides (Reagan) are over. Go for the independents who aren't woke but despise Trump. I know many Republican women who secretly tell me how much they're bothered by Trump. Women are a big factor now. Appeal to hispanics and asian Americans. Don't worry about Blacks. They're never voting in large numbers for Republicans no matter what Republicans do.
Agreed. I'm not sure they are up to task with either Trump or Desantis though. Trump is what he is. Desantis is going all in on the rabble rabble death to wokeness stuff. Not arguing that independents align with the far left on the woke topics of the day but I don't think they care to see their leaders worked up on making eliminating it the centerpiece of their platform. At the end of the day, those issues are mostly twitter debates and nothing that really impacts the vast majority of Americans lives.

I think the independents that will vote Republican want to hear their candidate tackle budgets/debt, reasonable deregulation and energy policies, make an actual stab at immigration reforms that doesn't involve an unrealistic wall, stay silent on abortion and let the states hash it out (as the most conservative position they'll accept), leave the gays alone, and maybe in a 2nd term tackle health care improvements. Feels like the GOP has been in this own the libs / axe grinding mode for a decade now. That works for a certain minority of conservative leaning people but I think most folks are over it and just want candidates that will lobby for policies they to improve average American lives over the prior year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login