OT Russia has problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
It’s possible to not be pro ukraine while also being anti Putin
It is. You can also add those to also supporting initiatives that stabilize Eastern Europe. Doesn't take long for that **** show to trickle westward. I can't predict the future but if the ukraine support results in a more stable Eastern Europe then the dollars and equipment contributions will be viewed as a bargain considering no American/NATO soldier deaths and injuries.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Agreed. I'm not sure they are up to task with either Trump or Desantis though. Trump is what he is. Desantis is going all in on the rabble rabble death to wokeness stuff. Not arguing that independents align with the far left on the woke topics of the day but I don't think they care to see their leaders worked up on making eliminating it the centerpiece of their platform. At the end of the day, those issues are mostly twitter debates and nothing that really impacts the vast majority of Americans lives.

I think the independents that will vote Republican want to hear their candidate tackle budgets/debt, reasonable deregulation and energy policies, make an actual stab at immigration reforms that doesn't involve an unrealistic wall, stay silent on abortion and let the states hash it out (as the most conservative position they'll accept), leave the gays alone, and maybe in a 2nd term tackle health care improvements. Feels like the GOP has been in this own the libs / axe grinding mode for a decade now. That works for a certain minority of conservative leaning people but I think most folks are over it and just want candidates that will lobby for policies they to improve average American lives over the prior year.
It's just the far right taking over the Party. The fun/insane part will be when the media insists rhe DeSantis/Boebert ticket is moderate.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Maybe "favorable view" is being mistaken for "we don't need to be 17ing around over there."
Yeah I’d love to see how the questions were worded in the poll.

who is worse? Ukraine or Russia
Do you 100% agree with Ukraine? Yes or no. No means favorable view of Putin?

Putin sucks. But Russia has been pretty damn stable under Putin until Ukraine. As long as it stays in Ukraine Russia has still been pretty damn stable under Putin.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
It is. You can also add those to also supporting initiatives that stabilize Eastern Europe. Doesn't take long for that **** show to trickle westward. I can't predict the future but if the ukraine support results in a more stable Eastern Europe then the dollars and equipment contributions will be viewed as a bargain considering no American/NATO soldier deaths and injuries.
Sure. But it’s also possible Ukraine is unstable at the moment in part due to ….. Urkraine.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
It's just the far right taking over the Party. The fun/insane part will be when the media insists rhe DeSantis/Boebert ticket is moderate.
Surely feels like it doesn't it? Train wrecks get clicks and views. Reasonable takes are ignored. Such is a life dominated by cable news.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Sure. But it’s also possible Ukraine is unstable at the moment in part due to ….. Urkraine.
Sure Ukraine has its major faults but there's an invading military on their soil. Doesn't mean we should just let that happen if we have any interest in a stable Europe. It's fine if you want to take the position that they should be on their own and NATO should just ignore it. Not really sure that's in anyone's best interest other than the unprovoked invading country's interests.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Surely feels like it doesn't it? Train wrecks get clicks and views. Reasonable takes are ignored. Such is a life dominated by cable news.
Surely you aren’t an idiot who thinks trump is far right? Surely not?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Sure Ukraine has its major faults but there's an invading military on their soil. Doesn't mean we should just let that happen if we have any interest in a stable Europe. It's fine if you want to take the position that they should be on their own and NATO should just ignore it. Not really sure that's in anyone's best interest other than the unprovoked invading country's interests.
I want nato to support equally. Why? Bc that makes 17ing sense.

whats good for Eastern Europe?
How about what’s good for Europe and Asia? Sadaam Hussein dead is better for the world. It’s damn sure better for the Middle East.
So you supported invading Iraq?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Trump is far Trump. But for whatever reason the far right loves him.

Be nice. Save the name calling.
I’m not gonna be nice when people are blatantly being dumb.

Trump had the same GD policies that many prior democrats had and many prior republicans.

Sure the far right supports him.
Guess what. The radically unhinged left who wants to kill babies at 9 months, inject lgbtq training into schools, tax capital gains, blah blah blah blah, supports Biden.

Whole lot more support for those things I named than anything the actual far right wants. Far right being actual nazis. Not some guy who went to DC on January 6.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I want nato to support equally. Why? Bc that makes 17ing sense.

whats good for Eastern Europe?
How about what’s good for Europe and Asia? Sadaam Hussein dead is better for the world. It’s damn sure better for the Middle East.
So you supported invading Iraq?
What's good for Eastern Europe is not to have to worry about the large military to their east picking off parts of their sovereignty lands at their leisure. What is eastern Europe's problem then becomes the rest of Europe's problem. Which becomes our problem. Why are you even bringing this up?

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
'The Ukraine'? No, 9/11 was not plotted in 'the Ukraine'. It also wasn't plotted in Ukraine.

- 9/11 was plotted in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Germany, Afghanistan, the US, and elsewhere I am sure(really don't remember and won't look it up.
- Many of the hijackers were in the US for well over 1 year before the attack.
- It was financed by backers In England, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, the US, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.
- No hijacker was from Afghanistan or from Iraq. Almost all were from Saudi Arabia with a few from Egypt and one other country, I think.
I knew you’d get worked up over that article.

Reactions: paindonthurt

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I’m not gonna be nice when people are blatantly being dumb.

Trump had the same GD policies that many prior democrats had and many prior republicans.

Sure the far right supports him.
Guess what. The radically unhinged left who wants to kill babies at 9 months, inject lgbtq training into schools, tax capital gains, blah blah blah blah, supports Biden.

Whole lot more support for those things I named than anything the actual far right wants. Far right being actual nazis. Not some guy who went to DC on January 6.
Night night. You aren't being rational right now. When this thread is locked, thank yourself.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
What's good for Eastern Europe is not to have to worry about the large military to their east picking off parts of their sovereignty lands at their leisure. What is eastern Europe's problem then becomes the rest of Europe's problem. Which becomes our problem. Why are you even bringing this up?
I agree.
Now do Iraq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login