OT: Sound of Freedom Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Just got back from seeing it with my wife. A little background about me first. I am about as politically moderate as they come. I can’t see why ANYONE would have a problem with this movie or its message. I live in a blue state btw, and our theater was sold out. When the movie ended, the entire audience applauded. If you’re on the fence about this possibly being Qanon propaganda, it’s not. Highly recommend.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
The only people leading the Qanon propoganda are Caviezel and the real life Tim Ballard….who have both come out to be absolutely drowning in the Qanon koolaid since way after the production of the film was completed. Caviezel’s stance was of little surprise….he’s always been a complete nutjob. Unfortunately, those are two kind of important people in regards to the public perception of the film. They either actually believe that nonsense, or are deliberately playing it up to try and make a lightning rod cult classic film out of a relatively low budget movie for their own gain. In either case (or both cases), it’s pathetic and sad.

To his credit, the director has been very outspoken about having no political aim with the film whatsoever….and has publicly expressed his disappointment in how both the actor and the subject of the film have leveraged its message into a twisted political slant.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChE1997

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
The only people leading the Qanon propoganda are Caviezel and the real life Tim Ballard….who have both come out to be absolutely drowning in the Qanon koolaid since way after the production of the film was completed. Caviezel’s stance was of little surprise….he’s always been a complete nutjob.

The director has been very outspoken about having no political aim with the film whatsoever….and has publicly expressed his disappointment in how both the actor and the subject of the film have leveraged its message into a twisted political slant.
People are bound and determined to make everything political. It’s constantly “us versus them” on every freaking thing that happens. It’s exhausting

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
That’s great. But, Qanon is very bad. Let’s make sure we’re all clear. It’s awful. It undermines our faith in institutions, in our elections, in public health, in education, in law enforcement. There can be crippling amounts of harassment directed at individuals. Private business can be attacked and bankrupted. The FBI labeled it a domestic terror threat after the Tree of Life synagogue murders. I think the movie makes some vague antisemitic references. No coincidence there.

The Feds have busted Qanon supporters with pipe bombs, and/or en route to some political figures’ home address. If you’re looking for a bad guy in America today - this is it. To see this film breathing life into all of that (“waking up normies”) should be quite alarming. There’s got to be better ways to make some cash than this.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
That’s great. But, Qanon is very bad. Let’s make sure we’re all clear. It’s awful. It undermines our faith in institutions, in our elections, in public health, in education, in law enforcement. There can be crippling amounts of harassment directed at individuals. Private business can be attacked and bankrupted. The FBI labeled it a domestic terror threat after the Tree of Life synagogue murders. I think the movie makes some vague antisemitic references. No coincidence there.

The Feds have busted Qanon supporters with pipe bombs, and/or en route to some political figures’ home address. If you’re looking for a bad guy in America today - this is it. To see this film breathing life into all of that (“waking up normies”) should be quite alarming. There’s got to be better ways to make some cash than this.
What the hell are you on about? I literally just told you that it’s a very apolitical movie. Antisemitic? Is that the new dog whistle for “something I don’t like?”

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016

There is plenty of reason to lose faith in those institutions without QAnon.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Very simple: Some in Hollywood and some in higher up Washington D.C and some elites around the world (including a lot of media) are avoiding this movie because many of these individuals are participating themselves in child trafficking and are sexual predators. We would all be surprised to know who they are. Some very familiar faces. Jeffrey Epstein wasn't the only one, but he knew most of the ones who were. Satan is going to and fro' all about and in the earth. He's winning many hearts and minds at the present unfortunately.

Lawsuit Says Jeffrey Epstein Trafficked Girls As Young As 11 (thecut.com)

Last edited:

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022

Sheesh man. It’s not that deep.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Very simple: Some in Hollywood and some in higher up Washington D.C and some elites around the world (including a lot of media) are avoiding this movie because many of these individuals are participating themselves in child trafficking and are sexual predators. We would all be surprised to know who they are. Some very familiar faces. Jeffrey Epstein wasn't the only one, but he knew most of the ones who were. Satan is going to and fro' all about and in the earth. He's winning many hearts and minds at the present unfortunately.

Like I said. Exhausting.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

IMG_4894.gif

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012

You are nuttier than the Qanon crowd

Last edited:

8dog

Feb 23, 2008

Does the movie out these people ? I haven’t figured out why there would be a reason for certain people to avoid or try to prevent people from seeing this. It’s not like this is groundbreaking stuff in the movie.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
That’s great. But, Qanon BLM/ANTIFA/WHATEVER is very bad. Let’s make sure we’re all clear. It’s awful. It undermines our faith in institutions, in our elections, in public health, in education, in law enforcement. There can be crippling amounts of harassment directed at individuals. Private business can be attacked and bankrupted. The FBI labeled it a domestic terror threat after the Tree of Life synagogue murders. I think the movie makes some vague antisemitic references. No coincidence there.

The Feds have busted Qanon BLM/ANTIFA/WHATEVER supporters with pipe bombs, and/or en route to some political figures’ home address. If you’re looking for a bad guy in America today - this is it. To see this film breathing life into all of that (“waking up normies”) should be quite alarming. There’s got to be better ways to make some cash than this.
FIFY. Funny how, oh, never mind, it isn’t so funny really, you seem to take an extreme stance on Q but just pat the heads of the leftist extremist. Everything you said about Q, you could say about almost any group out there. 🙄

To be clear, I’m not defending Q at all and have no interest in it.

I also find it humorous how the previous talking points on this movie were that no one was talking bad about it and literally a day or two later article after article was coming out smearing it saying it was Q propaganda.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I had no idea what the hell Qanon even was. Now that I've read about it I've got way better things to do than sit in the corner and whisper about theories, possibilities, and conspiracies about people and groups that may or may not even exist. Take cover, I think I see a black helicopter coming!

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I had no idea what the hell Qanon even was. Now that I've read about it I've got way better things to do than sit in the corner and whisper about theories, possibilities, and conspiracies about people and groups that may or may not even exist. Take cover, I think I see a black helicopter coming!
Me either! A liberal friend of mine recently ask me if I agreed with Qanon. I guess I don't know where to get my conservative marching orders! ****

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011

Did you see the film to form these opinions or are you regurgitating whatever you heard that cockk gobler Rachel Maddow spew out from her pecker pleaser

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Yeah I get that’s the implication but why? Does this out them? How does this make any difference? It makes no sense. It’s set in Columbia.
For the same reason drug addicts are for open borders. Supply and demand. They hate awareness.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
What the hell are you on about? I literally just told you that it’s a very apolitical movie. Antisemitic? Is that the new dog whistle for “something I don’t like?”
No, Qanon followers believe Jews eat children after they rape them. That’s how they stay immortal.

So, for the lead actor in your new favorite film to spew that stuff all over American culture in the marketing of this movie is not really a great look. When he goes on Steve Bannon’s podcast to promote the film and calls Qanon a good thing - he knows who he is targeting.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
The only people leading the Qanon propoganda are Caviezel and the real life Tim Ballard….who have both come out to be absolutely drowning in the Qanon koolaid since way after the production of the film was completed. Caviezel’s stance was of little surprise….he’s always been a complete nutjob. Unfortunately, those are two kind of important people in regards to the public perception of the film. They either actually believe that nonsense, or are deliberately playing it up to try and make a lightning rod cult classic film out of a relatively low budget movie for their own gain. In either case (or both cases), it’s pathetic and sad.

To his credit, the director has been very outspoken about having no political aim with the film whatsoever….and has publicly expressed his disappointment in how both the actor and the subject of the film have leveraged its message into a twisted political slant.
The only thing I have heard Ballard say is if Qanon brings more attention to the issue of trafficking then so be it. I can’t disagree with that as long as people don’t affect us non crazy people’s lives.
The movie has a better RT score than W and Vice which were both movies that had left leans. My issue is Rolling Stone panned it with Qanon influence which isn’t true. The critic that reviewed it only reviewed 3 b movies in his career. My other issue is if a critic such as the one for Roger Ebert gives the movie a bad review based on the acting, pacing, or story they are dismissed automatically as well. Hell Roger Ebert himself gave Usual Suspects 1.5 stars.
My question is, if those involved with the movie feel so strongly about the subject why has there not been any mentioning of donating some of the proceeds to Ballard’s cause? The movie is making millions of dollars.

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012

But you’re fine with antifa?

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
No, Qanon followers believe Jews eat children after they rape them. That’s how they stay immortal.

So, for the lead actor in your new favorite film to spew that stuff all over American culture in the marketing of this movie is not really a great look. When he goes on Steve Bannon’s podcast to promote the film and calls Qanon a good thing - he knows who he is targeting.

What a reach. There’s nothing antisemitic about the film, at all. That article reads like the most unhinged Leftist propaganda that you probably devour on Slate. Basically the left-wing version of The Blaze or whatever it’s called, just so you realize how crazy you sound.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

I don't know. Our institutions, election processes, public health decisions, public education system, and our law enforcement bodies do a pretty good job of undermining themselves. But I understand the need for the left to create a boogey man and then label everyone with it. But "Q Anon" is very 2015. Now the term is "Extreme MAGA Republican."

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
FIFY. Funny how, oh, never mind, it isn’t so funny really, you seem to take an extreme stance on Q but just pat the heads of the leftist extremist. Everything you said about Q, you could say about almost any group out there. 🙄

I also find it humorous how the previous talking points on this movie were that no one was talking bad about it and literally a day or two later article after article was coming out smearing it saying it was Q propaganda.
Boom.

I hate all conspiracy theories. But similar to Bud Light, I'm not bothered by Q. You could almost say that the right is now woke (the better term is 'awake'). Which is needed to cancel out the leftist groups.

Reactions: josebrown

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I don't know. Our institutions, election processes, public health decisions, public education system, and our law enforcement bodies do a pretty good job of undermining themselves. But I understand the need for the left to create a boogey man and then label everyone with it. But "Q Anon" is very 2015. Now the term is "Extreme MAGA Republican."
What is the definition of "Extreme MAGA Republicans"? Is it equal to "Extreme Antifa Democrats"? Both parties are guilty of labeling the opposing party to create discourse and raise money. Why has party become more important than country? Oh sorry, my conservative is showing.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010

You’re not going to see me defending people being super ‘woke’. Those are two sides of the same coin in many ways. Conservatives are calling everything ‘woke’ today they just simply disagree with. Let’s make sure we’re not doing that. But, yeah, they’re definitely magnifying each other.

All driven by the algorithms man.

• Haha
Reactions: Fishsqeezer

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Boom.

I hate all conspiracy theories. But similar to Bud Light, I'm not bothered by Q. You could almost say that the right is now woke (the better term is 'awake'). Which is needed to cancel out the leftist groups.
Yeah you're right - you've got one side talking bout improving access to healthcare, maybe let's not all shoot each other and/or set the earth on fire, and then the other one talking bout leftists trafficking kids so they can cut out their adrenal glands.

Two sides of the same coin, really.****************************

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah you're right - you've got one side talking bout improving access to healthcare, maybe let's not all shoot each other and/or set the earth on fire, and then the other one talking bout leftists trafficking kids so they can cut out their adrenal glands.

Did you type that with a straight face?

May 20, 2023
Qanon is, the best that I can tell, a boogie man that was created by the left. Maybe not created, but they took it and applied it to a broader group than what it actually represents. There is a fringe sliver of tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists that would actually be Qanon, but dems broadened it and labeled anyone that I would consider to be a strong conservative "Qanon" and put them under that banner. Just like anyone that votes republican is a racist.

My neighbor, a former democrat representative was always spouting about Qanon this Qanon that. I decided to go and research what Qanon is and really never found a good solid explanation of who or what they were/are. But, msnbc and cnn talked about it all the time, which is what this guy watches 24/7. BTW, he is consumed with politics and the color of the sky turns into a political topic with him.

On another note, the whole qanon thing became so scary to the left/democrats that conservatives/republicans started playing it up and having fun with it, when in reality those same conservatives/republicans that were having fun with it made fun of "Qtards" as they called them. I witnessed this on a very very large message board that is probably 95% conservative type people. Of course, that just provided more proof for the media/left that Qanon was a huge movement that was going to destroy us all if not defeated.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

Haha, we already knew you were a Democrat. You didn't have to wave your blue flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login