OT: Sound of Freedom Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Yeah you're right - you've got one side talking bout improving access to healthcare, maybe let's not all shoot each other and/or set the earth on fire, and then the other one talking bout leftists trafficking kids so they can cut out their adrenal glands.

Two sides of the same coin, really.****************************
N b4

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Qanon is, the best that I can tell, a boogie man that was created by the left. Maybe not created, but they took it and applied it to a broader group than what it actually represents. There is a fringe sliver of tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists that would actually be Qanon, but dems broadened it and labeled anyone that I would consider to be a strong conservative "Qanon" and put them under that banner. Just like anyone that votes republican is a racist.

My neighbor, a former democrat representative was always spouting about Qanon this Qanon that. I decided to go and research what Qanon is and really never found a good solid explanation of who or what they were/are. But, msnbc and cnn talked about it all the time, which is what this guy watches 24/7. BTW, he is consumed with politics and the color of the sky turns into a political topic with him.

On another note, the whole qanon thing became so scary to the left/democrats that conservatives/republicans started playing it up and having fun with it, when in reality those same conservatives/republicans that were having fun with it made fun of "Qtards" as they called them. I witnessed this on a very very large message board that is probably 95% conservative type people. Of course, that just provided more proof for the media/left that Qanon was a huge movement that was going to destroy us all if not defeated.
Nowadays, anytime I hear someone refer to "They want us to ______", I immediately lose interest, start trying to find my exit strategy, and lose respect for said person's intellectual prowess. "They" is the key word. No one can ever define "they".

Whether it is Q or Soros' posse, whenever you press them on who "they" is you're immediately hit with defense mechanisms that rival muhdick.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
But "Q Anon" is very 2015. Now the term is "Extreme MAGA Republican."
I don't know, I think Q peaked on Jan. 6. Not saying the whole "storm the castle" thing was Q-anon, but Q followers were very much involved.

After Jan. 6, Trump was banned from Twitter ( I mean, X) and Q-anon discussions were scrubbed from social media.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Nowadays, anytime I hear someone refer to "They want us to ______", I immediately lose interest, start trying to find my exit strategy, and lose respect for said person's intellectual prowess. "They" is the key word. No one can ever define "they".

Whether it is Q or Soros' posse, whenever you press them on who "they" is you're immediately hit with defense mechanisms that rival muhdick.
They did kill Kennedy though

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I don't know. Our institutions, election processes, public health decisions, public education system, and our law enforcement bodies do a pretty good job of undermining themselves. But I understand the need for the left to create a boogey man and then label everyone with it. But "Q Anon" is very 2015. Now the term is "Extreme MAGA Republican."
I think your last sentence is addressed in your first one. It’s going to be hard to find something that did more to end faith in American institutions than a President refusing to commit to the peaceful transition of power. Thats not a boogey man. That’s the ship hitting the iceberg.

To your point, I don’t doubt this movie is incredibly popular among Jan 6th rioters. It’s touching many of those same nerves.

• Haha
Reactions: $altyDawg

Jrobb

May 26, 2020
Yeah you're right - you've got one side talking bout improving access to healthcare, maybe let's not all shoot each other and/or set the earth on fire, and then the other one talking bout leftists trafficking kids so they can cut out their adrenal glands.

Two sides of the same coin, really.****************************
Let’s compare apples to apples here - 99.9% of the right thinks those people are crazy too. You can’t just compare your average lefty to obvious wackos

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Regardless of politics, I'm just not gonna go out of my way to watch a film about child sex trafficking, based on truth or not. I would rather watch an action star blow stuff up ... Or maybe watch Oppenheimer blow everything up.

I will probably watch Sound of Freedom when I can stream it at home for no additional cost.

OTOH, I am somewhat fascinated by Angel Studio's crowdfunding for movies, and their "pay it forward" plea to have people buy tickets to future screenings so others can watch it for free. Seems to work well for them, along with what I believe was a guerilla marketing scheme to claim theaters were blocking people from seeing the movie.

Reactions: ChE1997

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I’d bet she’s had a boyfriend at some point in her life. If she scissored 1000 women and sucked just one dickk, she’s still a cockk sucker

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Reactions: mstateglfr

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yeah I get that’s the implication but why? Does this out them? How does this make any difference? It makes no sense. It’s set in Columbia.
Who is the poster here that pops in to say "It spelled Colombia. I had a girlfriend from there" or something to that effect? I fully expected that response while reading thru the thread and am so sad it wasnt said that here I am now saying it.

Anyways, I agree with your posts in this thread- the idea that this movie is being suppressed by people who dont want it to be seen because they support child slavery and child prostitution is a very weak platform to stand on.
The movie doesnt out anyone. The movie addresses an issue that was already known so its not like this is somehow pulling back the curtain.
Further, the movie has been successful.

But many who want to see a conspiracy or nefarious motive will ignore what is happening and continue to spout claims.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
QAnon is a conspiracy theory for bored housewives
Its shocking how many bored housewives are on 4chan/8chan/8kun. And its shocking how many bored housewives look like overweight middle-aged men.

...I do get your point.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
This is what feeds into the conspiracy theories. Just a few days ago the Cali legislature declined to increase penalities on child sex trafficking. After some blowback, partly because of this movie and the attention to the issue, the legislature has reversed course. Lots of poor and middle class pedophiles get prosecuted. It's done all the time. The superwealthy can get away with some things and there are groups that traffic kids internationally. Criminals do stuff and we can't catch and prosecute all of them, unfortunately. https://www.latimes.com/california/...o-stiffen-penalties-for-child-sex-trafficking

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Qanon is, the best that I can tell, a boogie man that was created by the left. Maybe not created, but they took it and applied it to a broader group than what it actually represents. There is a fringe sliver of tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists that would actually be Qanon, but dems broadened it and labeled anyone that I would consider to be a strong conservative "Qanon" and put them under that banner. Just like anyone that votes republican is a racist.

My neighbor, a former democrat representative was always spouting about Qanon this Qanon that. I decided to go and research what Qanon is and really never found a good solid explanation of who or what they were/are. But, msnbc and cnn talked about it all the time, which is what this guy watches 24/7. BTW, he is consumed with politics and the color of the sky turns into a political topic with him.

On another note, the whole qanon thing became so scary to the left/democrats that conservatives/republicans started playing it up and having fun with it, when in reality those same conservatives/republicans that were having fun with it made fun of "Qtards" as they called them. I witnessed this on a very very large message board that is probably 95% conservative type people. Of course, that just provided more proof for the media/left that Qanon was a huge movement that was going to destroy us all if not defeated.

Oh wow, this is interesting since it isnt something I have heard before. So now the conspiracy goes even deeper and Qanon is some false flag created by the left?
Haha, 17 that is deep...and crazy.

Qanon wasnt some fringe sliver of foil hat wearers. Qanon clothing and gear was sold on Amazon. Qanon references were proudly displayed on clothing, banners, and flags at election rallies across the country. They continue to be proudly displayed on clothing, banners, and flags at election rallies and political events across the country. Multiple politicians referenced Q claims during the runup to election and even after being elected.
But sure, the left started it, or the left applied it to a broader group. Its the left that made so many dummies buy Q gear and proudly wear it. Its the left that made elected officials reference baseless Q claims while trying to be elected.***

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
This is what feeds into the conspiracy theories. Just a few days ago the Cali legislature declined to increase penalities on child sex trafficking. After some blowback, partly because of this movie and the attention to the issue, the legislature has reversed course. Lots of poor and middle class pedophiles get prosecuted. It's done all the time. The superwealthy can get away with some things and there are groups that traffic kids internationally. Criminals do stuff and we can't catch and prosecute all of them, unfortunately. https://www.latimes.com/california/...o-stiffen-penalties-for-child-sex-trafficking
It sounds like some on the left dislike SB14 not preventing the trafficking of minors or help victims recover. So they dont support it because it doesnt address the issue in the way they think would be most effective.
And some on the left also apparently dont like the fact that actual victims will be charged with trafficking in order to ensure their cooperation, which can lead to their survivor status being removed.
If current laws carry the potential for life in prison, then perhaps the issue isnt so much with current law, but rather with the courts and sentencing.

I am not saying your view is wrong. And I am not defending CA democrats. I am providing more background to the issue you mention since your post does not acknowledge the stated reasons for not supporting SB14.

The committee’s course reversal frustrated the bill’s opponents, who have rejected the argument that sex traffickers are not being punished in California.

Isa Borgeson, a manager for the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, an advocacy organization opposed to SB 14, said the measure “does nothing to prevent the trafficking of minors or provide them with the healing that they need and deserve.”

“The people most vulnerable to being charged with trafficking are the victims of trafficking themselves. Charges are used to leverage their cooperation in prosecution and their survivor status is erased with many currently incarcerated in both youth and adult prisons,” Assemby member Isaac Bryan (D-Los Angeles), a close Rivas ally, wrote on Twitter. Bryan is a member of the Public Safety Committee, and abstained from voting on SB 14 both on Tuesday and Thursday.

“Nobody supports the trafficking of children or any people. That’s why existing laws carry the potential for life in prison. We can and must do more to affirm, protect, and support survivors with all of our civic resources — including those beyond the criminal legal system,” he wrote.

Those concerns will likely remain for the rest of this year’s legislative session, and could tank the bill again if Grove doesn’t take more amendments to reduce some of the bill’s penalties or add in language that would ensure victims aren’t punished for their traffickers’ crimes.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Regardless of politics, I'm just not gonna go out of my way to watch a film about child sex trafficking, based on truth or not. I would rather watch an action star blow stuff up ... Or maybe watch Oppenheimer blow everything up.

I will probably watch Sound of Freedom when I can stream it at home for no additional cost.

This. I will likely watch it at home, but just no interest in paying $30 for my better half and I to watch this while drinking a coke.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
Good movie, happy ending, sad reality that this happens and many of the stories don’t have the happy ending.

Reactions: Ghostman

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Edgar M. Welch is a name many of you need to remember. He's the dude that walked into Comet Ping Pong Pizza and fired off a couple of rounds thinking he was going to expose the big Clinton led pedophile ring in D.C. He fell for all that bovine scat conspiracy theory crap. Now he's doing time. I'll bet he's a happy camper.
In Washington Pizzeria Attack, Fake News Brought Real Guns - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
Lets also not forget the daycare pedophile conspiracies of the 1980's and 1990's. Several innocent people went to prison on those made up charges. Can you imagine the hell a person went through for 21 years in a Texas prison as a wrongly convicted pedophile? These folks know.
Oak Hill satanic ritual abuse trial - Wikipedia

Be very careful what you fall for. Be very careful what labels you apply to others. There is a growing trend to vilify those that we don't agree with and to heap as much opprobrium on those we disagree with, often with little or no actual evidence to back up our accusations. This is how we justify and rationalize our dislike for them. The Nazis used very similar tactics to take power way back when.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
It sounds like some on the left dislike SB14 not preventing the trafficking of minors or help victims recover. So they dont support it because it doesnt address the issue in the way they think would be most effective.
And some on the left also apparently dont like the fact that actual victims will be charged with trafficking in order to ensure their cooperation, which can lead to their survivor status being removed.
If current laws carry the potential for life in prison, then perhaps the issue isnt so much with current law, but rather with the courts and sentencing.

I am not saying your view is wrong. And I am not defending CA democrats. I am providing more background to the issue you mention since your post does not acknowledge the stated reasons for not supporting SB14.
I didn't even post any interpretation of why it was initially opposed. I just said it was and there was an outcry and "see I told you so" responses from the right.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Edgar M. Welch is a name many of you need to remember. He's the dude that walked into Comet Ping Pong Pizza and fired off a couple of rounds thinking he was going to expose the big Clinton led pedophile ring in D.C. He fell for all that bovine scat conspiracy theory crap. Now he's doing time. I'll bet he's a happy camper.
In Washington Pizzeria Attack, Fake News Brought Real Guns - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
Lets also not forget the daycare pedophile conspiracies of the 1980's and 1990's. Several innocent people went to prison on those made up charges. Can you imagine the hell a person went through for 21 years in a Texas prison as a wrongly convicted pedophile? These folks know.
Oak Hill satanic ritual abuse trial - Wikipedia

Be very careful what you fall for. Be very careful what labels you apply to others. There is a growing trend to vilify those that we don't agree with and to heap as much opprobrium on those we disagree with, often with little or no actual evidence to back up our accusations. This is how we justify and rationalize our dislike for them. The Nazis used very similar tactics to take power way back when.
Godwin alert. Avoid referencing Nazis in any argument.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
The only thing I have heard Ballard say is if Qanon brings more attention to the issue of trafficking then so be it. I can’t disagree with that as long as people don’t affect us non crazy people’s lives.

And that’s an absolutely mind numbingly absurd take when you consider it deeply. You take this subject as heavy as child sex trafficking, which has a tremendous human emotional cost and real, evil people behind it, and then you just trivialize the whole thing by allowing black helicopter BS to be used to assign people to blame who totally take the focus away from the actual perpetrators. That’s more than insulting to the actual victims, its being completely dismissive of their plight entirely.

To flip the whole thing around, imagine a movie gets released about 9/11 and the heroes who saved people from the wreckage. Ahead of its release, mainstream left wing conspiracy theories take hold across the country, stating that the whole thing was an inside job perpetrated by the Bush admin and GOP warhawks in Congress who wanted a false flag excuse to both invade Iraq again and increase surveillance of American citizens. Then when the actors and real life heroes are interviewed about the conspiracy nuts, they only say, “Well, if it opens people’s eyes to how horrible 9/11 was, then its a good thing for our cause”. Wouldn’t that be ridiculous?

And BTW, Ballard and Caviezel have both been out there and in joint public interviews accused people in the “woke left transgender movement” of being perpetrators and sex predators who don’t want the curtain pulled on child sex trafficking. So what you mention above has been far from the only ignorant thing he’s said, although its still pretty terrible just by itself.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Oh wow, this is interesting since it isnt something I have heard before. So now the conspiracy goes even deeper and Qanon is some false flag created by the left?

Qanon wasnt some fringe sliver of foil hat wearers. Qanon clothing and gear was sold on Amazon. Qanon references were proudly displayed on clothing, banners, and flags at election rallies across the country. They continue to be proudly displayed on clothing, banners, and flags at election rallies and political events across the country. Multiple politicians referenced Q claims during the runup to election and even after being elected.
But sure, the left started it, or the left applied it to a broader group. Its the left that made so many dummies buy Q gear and proudly wear it. Its the left that made elected officials reference baseless Q claims while trying to be elected.***
Is Q really any dumber than some of the bizarre theories pushed on college campuses by humanities and social science profs (gender and ***** theory, aspects of post-modernism, post colonial studies, critical race theory, cdrazy stuff in 4th wave feminism, etc). Highly educated people simply know how to rationalize their beliefs better and, because the left dominates cultural organizations and working class whites are icky to them, few on the left challenge their nonsense in the way they go after Q believers. I know a few Marxists. How delusional do you have to be to accept Marxism, and not just some critiques of capitalism? It's been tried. It didn't go well. Update: apparently Qu**r theory isn appropriate. I like that the algorithm knows bs when it sees it.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Its shocking how many bored housewives are on 4chan/8chan/8kun. And its shocking how many bored housewives look like overweight middle-aged men.

...I do get your point.
What is 4chan? BTW, I corrected Colombia spelling because my best friend and his wife were from there.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022

I have a difficult time believing a few Q Anon nerds behind keyboards is in the top 100 of USA’s current problems.

On the flip side, the extreme left/Antifa is visibly destroying blue cities and states at a rapid pace. Just view the latest economic reports. The southeast and Texas are performing very well now.

I think I can speak for everyone on this board that’s lived in the South their entire life: I’ve never encountered a far right / Q anon individual who is actively working or hindering this country in any way. Heck I’ve never even met a Q anon person. Meanwhile all I have to do is hop on a flight to San Francisco and I can visibly see the mass destruction Antifa and far left policies are doing to this country.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I think your last sentence is addressed in your first one. It’s going to be hard to find something that did more to end faith in American institutions than a President refusing to commit to the peaceful transition of power. Thats not a boogey man. That’s the ship hitting the iceberg.

To your point, I don’t doubt this movie is incredibly popular among Jan 6th rioters. It’s touching many of those same nerves.
And yet, there was a peaceful transition of power. So yeah, all that weeping and gnashing of teeth over J6 ultimately disappears like a fart in the wind.

And the only people outraged at this movie are pro-illegal immigration and pro-child trafficking people (which in my mind are one in the same because one begats the other). There's a right side of history here and those people aren't on it.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
And yet, there was a peaceful transition of power. So yeah, all that weeping and gnashing of teeth over J6 ultimately disappears like a fart in the wind.

And the only people outraged at this movie are pro-illegal immigration and pro-child trafficking people (which in my mind are one in the same because one begats the other). There's a right side of history here and those people aren't on it.
There wasn't a peaceful transition of power. There was literal violent deaths in a riot in the transition of power.

• Haha
Reactions: $altyDawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
She's big into charity. Been trying to convert her to heartless conservatism, but she loves man buns too much.*
She's sol here then - this situation is like the opposite of a man bun.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
And that’s an absolutely mind numbingly absurd take when you consider it deeply. You take this subject as heavy as child sex trafficking, which has a tremendous human emotional cost and real, evil people behind it, and then you just trivialize the whole thing by allowing black helicopter BS to be used to assign people to blame who totally take the focus away from the actual perpetrators. That’s more than insulting to the actual victims, its being completely dismissive of their plight entirely.

To flip the whole thing around, imagine a movie gets released about 9/11 and the heroes who saved people from the wreckage. Ahead of its release, mainstream left wing conspiracy theories take hold across the country, stating that the whole thing was an inside job perpetrated by the Bush admin and GOP warhawks in Congress who wanted a false flag excuse to both invade Iraq again and increase surveillance of American citizens. Then when the actors and real life heroes are interviewed about the conspiracy nuts, they only say, “Well, if it opens people’s eyes to how horrible 9/11 was, then its a good thing for our cause”. Wouldn’t that be ridiculous?

And BTW, Ballard and Caviezel have both been out there and in joint public interviews accused people in the “woke left transgender movement” of being perpetrators and sex predators who don’t want the curtain pulled on child sex trafficking. So what you mention above has been far from the only ignorant thing he’s said, although its still pretty terrible just by itself.
I understand that and it’s a great point. I honestly didn’t realize his more recent comments have trended that way.
When rumblings of this movie came out months ago I found a quote that was more along the lines of we don’t believe these theories and they are not true but the extra visibility has given us the additional resources to combat actual sex trafficking. That’s paraphrasing.

While I still think there is some good to come out of it if it actually saves lives, someone who should have a deep understanding of the trauma involved with these cases should also see the potential damage it could have on the victims and their families.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
We're a bunch of guys with different views. We need to all go see Barbie and post our totally unbiased, objective impressions of it.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I have a difficult time believing a few Q Anon nerds behind keyboards is in the top 100 of USA’s current problems.

On the flip side, the extreme left/Antifa is visibly destroying blue cities and states at a rapid pace. Just view the latest economic reports. The southeast and Texas are performing very well now.

I think I can speak for everyone on this board that’s lived in the South their entire life: I’ve never encountered a far right / Q anon individual who is actively working or hindering this country in any way. Heck I’ve never even met a Q anon person. Meanwhile all I have to do is hop on a flight to San Francisco and I can visibly see the mass destruction Antifa and far left policies are doing to this country.
Blissful ignorance of what's happening combined with an over confidence of speaking for everyone on the board that has lived in the South their whole life.
Heck of a combo there, big shooter.

Yeah, San Francisco is challenged with fixing some societal issues that were allowed to be created and flourish over the last few decades. I agree there and actually had a long discussion about how the city got there with one of my kids a few days ago.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
There wasn't a peaceful transition of power. There was literal violent deaths in a riot in the transition of power.
There was one death. A protestor at the hands of a capitol police officer.

I saw the videos of the riots. Policemen giving escorts to "violent protestors" and showing them around the capital.

Yeah some folks acted like idiots. And then other idiots used that to score political points. Much like you're doing here.

But wouldn't you know it, Trump vacated the white house and biden was sworn in on inauguration day. Peaceful transition of power.

Democrats never win on telling you how it is. They have to convince you to ignore your lying eyes and believe their alternate reality. Much like you're doing here.

I would tell you to be a better 17n human being but we've established long ago that you're incapable of such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login