OT: Sound of Freedom Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The transfer of power was anything but peaceful. People erected gallows at the Capitol, and chanted 'Hang Mike Pence' because he was going to certify the election. The crowd then forced their way into the building which caused Pence, as well as legislators from both parties, to go into secure hiding.
Trump later defended the group in an interview by saying the anger was warranted due to the fraudulent election(that still has never been shown to be...fraudulent).

People were calling for the VP to be hung, and then rushed into the building where he was and forced the VP and others into hiding.
...but the transition of power was peaceful according to you.
And yet, Mike Pence wasn't hung. Because the overall majority prevailed over a few unserious idiots acting out.

I mean, I guess you don't have a problem with the throngs of protestors calling for violence against SCOTUS members, including the 17n senate majority leader. You obviously don't have problems with protestors championing violence against police. You don't have a problem with protestors shutting down a university and calling for people to be fired just because they hosted someone who dared to have a different political opinion than they do. I don't hear any full-throated outrage about these threats to democracy when that happens. So you can save your selective outrage for the rest of the low IQ idiots who think the way you do.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Yes. You have quite the imagination if you believe this: "whose buffonish attempt at a coup only failed because his own VP and a couple state SoSs weren't on board." Our Constitutional framework isn't that easy to defeat.
If only that were true. If Pence had been on board, if he declared the votes in some states were in question and would not be certified....then what? Ultimately, the GOP controls the House. They would have voted Trump the winner, and all you tsk tskers would be saying that was fine. Nothing to see here.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Yes. You have quite the imagination if you believe this: "whose buffonish attempt at a coup only failed because his own VP and a couple state SoSs weren't on board." Our Constitutional framework isn't that easy to defeat.
You think SCOTUS would have forced Pence to do his job had he caved to the mob? Maybe but let's hope we never have to test that...

Reactions: Boom Boom

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
And yet, Mike Pence wasn't hung. Because the overall majority prevailed over a few unserious idiots acting out.
This time. Only a fool thinks that proves how it will play out the next time.
I mean, I guess you don't have a problem with the throngs of protestors calling for violence against SCOTUS members,
i do have a problem with that. Why would you think otherwise, of or glfr or any lib?
including the 17n senate majority leader. You obviously don't have problems with protestors championing violence against police.
we do. Stop being an idiot.
You don't have a problem with protestors shutting down a university and calling for people to be fired just because they hosted someone who dared to have a different political opinion than they do.
More idiocy.
I don't here any full-throated outrage about these threats to democracy when that happens. So you can save your selective outrage for the rest of the low IQ idiots who think the way you do.
Strawman.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
This time. Only a fool thinks that proves how it will play out the next time.

i do have a problem with that. Why would you think otherwise, of or glfr or any lib?

we do. Stop being an idiot.

More idiocy.

Strawman.
So, last time you came down with a case of verbal diarrhea, I asked you if you were this much of a dubmass in real life, or if you were just pretending for SPS. With every post you make, the answer to that question is more obvious.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007

I mean, I guess you don't have a problem with the throngs of protestors calling for violence against SCOTUS members, including the 17n senate majority leader. You obviously don't have problems with protestors championing violence against police. You don't have a problem with protestors shutting down a university and calling for people to be fired just because they hosted someone who dared to have a different political opinion than they do. I don't hear any full-throated outrage about these threats to democracy when that happens. So you can save your selective outrage for the rest of the low IQ idiots who think the way you do.
Cool. So will you gloss over it all if Gramps has Kamala support an alternate slate of electors while pressured in a fog of confusion, riots, and violence?

Your new way of transferring power sucks.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
The transfer of power was anything but peaceful. People erected gallows at the Capitol, and chanted 'Hang Mike Pence' because he was going to certify the election. The crowd then forced their way into the building which caused Pence, as well as legislators from both parties, to go into secure hiding.
Trump later defended the group in an interview by saying the anger was warranted due to the fraudulent election(that still has never been shown to be...fraudulent).

People were calling for the VP to be hung, and then rushed into the building where he was and forced the VP and others into hiding.
...but the transition of power was peaceful according to you.
You're really stupid. Do you have any idea what really happens in countries who actually don't have peaceful transitions of power? Go ask Myanmar, or Sudan, or Haiti, or Iran, or Egypt, or Columbia, or Congo, or Cambodia, or El Salvador or tens of other African and Asian Countries what happens, I guarantee you won't hear "redneck brainwashed morons storm capital and take selfies with podium". You lefties are absolute morons.

Reactions: eckie1

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Cool. So will you gloss over it all if Gramps has Kamala support an alternate slate of electors while pressured in a fog of confusion, riots, and violence?

Your new way of transferring power sucks.
It depends on whether Kamala does it or not. You know, kinda like Pence didn't do?

My way of transferring power doesn't suck near as bad as your deductive reasoning.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
You're really stupid. Do you have any idea what really happens in countries who actually don't have peaceful transitions of power? Go ask Myanmar, or Sudan, or Haiti, or Iran, or Egypt, or Columbia, or Congo, or Cambodia, or El Salvador or tens of other African and Asian Countries what happens, I guarantee you won't hear "redneck brainwashed morons storm capital and take selfies with podium". You lefties are absolute morons.

It depends on whether Kamala does it or not. You know, kinda like Pence didn't do?

My way of transferring power doesn't suck near as bad as your deductive reasoning.
Both of y'all would have had Obama swinging from the nearest tree had he attempted this **** and don't act like you wouldn't. Your attempt to overlook what happened simply says you love certain politicians or parities more than you love this country. And when there's enough of you to look the other way, that's when you slide into the referenced political hell holes.

Reactions: Boom Boom

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
This is an argument that would only hold weight if someone like Trump caused that Party to lose elections. Trump has shown that if a Hitler-type took power in the GOP....there's nothing in place to stop him. There's really not any way to debate against that, it's plain as day at this point. The only thing that stopped(?) Trump is his sheer incompetence. But even that clown sheered right through the norms that have held democracy in place in this country through thick and thin. They're gone. The next would be quasi-dictator has his roadmap to power. The GOP WANTS that result....and eventually they will find their guy.
Do you really think we would let one of your looney tunes beat us to the punch?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Both of y'all would have had Obama swinging from the nearest tree had he attempted this **** and don't act like you wouldn't. Your attempt to overlook what happened simply says you love certain politicians or parities more than you love this country. And when there's enough of you to look the other way, that's when you slide into the referenced political hell holes.
Not once in this thread have you found a single example of me defending Trump or being supportive of anything he did. This is the game folks on your side like to play. There were idiots on Jan 6. His comments about what Pence could do are included in that. There are other things he, and other republicans did on that day that your side conveniently ignore and gloss over because it's not good for the narrative. And on scale, what happened on J6 isn't even remotely in the same area code as what happened during the summer 2020 riots, but I don't see you voicing outrage at any of that.

It's called selective outrage. It's not a good look. If you want to blast Trump for J6, then you also have to blast Schumer for his rhetoric on the steps of SCOTUS. If you want to blast Trump supporters who protested on J6 (about 85% of which was truly peaceful), then you have to blast antifa and BLM for causing much more violence, more death and injury, and broader scale destruction.

Pick a side. Not republican vs dem, but decent person vs. piece of ****.

Reactions: HeCannotGo

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
So, last time you came down with a case of verbal diarrhea, I asked you if you were this much of a dubmass in real life, or if you were just pretending for SPS. With every post you make, the answer to that question is more obvious.
The dubmass question has definitely been answered.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
BTW, we're a divided country and large numbers of people are simply loyal to their party. I suspect the days of presidential landslide victories are over. The key is a few states and some districts. Dems have won the popular vote in like 8 of the last 9 elections and Republicans don't seem interested in developing ideas and policies that most people support. Thus, lose the popular vote but wining the electoral college is key.
That's not the way electoral politics work. Neither republicans nor democrats are trying to develop ideas to win the popular vote because there's no such thing. If there was a popular vote, the current political coalitions wouldn't exist. Presidential politics would be much more sharply divided between urban and rural interests I'd guess, and that would be moderated somewhat by the need to win senate elections and to a lesser extent house elections. I couldnt' hazard a guess as to how that would realign our politics other than to say it'd be very unlikely to look the same as now.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
This exchange of insults has used almost every derogatory term in the Left or Right Playbook. The only problem is all of you have successfully buried the original issue of human trafficking. It almost feels like I am sitting in on a day in Congress debate.
Oh I could trot out quite a lot more derogatory terms if desired.....

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Bwahahaha. No, I just like to make fun of you delusional morons for acting like it's the end of the Country as we know it. It's a terrible look for you, and I guess it's so upsetting to you that nobody paid any attention to your little fact finding committee.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Not once in this thread have you found a single example of me defending Trump or being supportive of anything he did. This is the game folks on your side like to play. There were idiots on Jan 6. His comments about what Pence could do are included in that. There are other things he, and other republicans did on that day that your side conveniently ignore and gloss over because it's not good for the narrative. And on scale, what happened on J6 isn't even remotely in the same area code as what happened during the summer 2020 riots, but I don't see you voicing outrage at any of that.

It's called selective outrage. It's not a good look. If you want to blast Trump for J6, then you also have to blast Schumer for his rhetoric on the steps of SCOTUS. If you want to blast Trump supporters who protested on J6 (about 85% of which was truly peaceful), then you have to blast antifa and BLM for causing much more violence, more death and injury, and broader scale destruction.

Only a dubmass thinks those things are equivalent. This is just checkenshit handwaving away of valid criticisms that you don't have the human decency to face. You've picked a side, and you will make whatever justification or what about ism you have to to defend that side. THAT is how Hitler types take power, not by a vast coalition of evil men that fully agree with them, but by a small, violent hard-core base enabled by immoral men who make excuses for them every step of the way.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Only a dubmass thinks those things are equivalent. This is just checkenshit handwaving away of valid criticisms that you don't have the human decency to face. You've picked a side, and you will make whatever justification or what about ism you have to to defend that side. THAT is how Hitler types take power, not by a vast coalition of evil men that fully agree with them, but by a small, violent hard-core base enabled by immoral men who make excuses for them every step of the way.
You're damn right they aren't equivalent. What happened on J6 is nothing compared to the other stuff. And you know it too. But you can't defend it with logic, only petty stupidity.

Polls consistently show that this country doesn't care as much about J6 as you want them to. You should consider spending less time crapping up SPS and a little more time educating yourself.

Reactions: HeCannotGo

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007

I said you are overlooking it. You keep rationalizing it, comparing it to something else, or saying it wasn't a big deal bc it didn't work. You wont call a spade a spade. Intent absolutely matters.

I'm happy to comment on summer riots. I do not condone them. I wish the rioters would be located and punished to the greatest extent of the law. Im disappointed this has not been done to the extent it probably could or should have. Society cannot function with the threat of riot. I suspect the cameras in Washington had some influence over how much was prosecuted but if you want to find me examples of proof of individual rioters getting off scot free I'll sign off on a list that says "ck is enraged about these unpunished rioters"

I'll blast any of what you referenced. Schumer? Don't like him. Find any factual instance of a politician abusing power or an *** hole breaking **** regardless of their party or stance and we can crap on it together.

You know what I wont be doing? I won't be VOTING ANY OF AFOREMENTIONED OF INTO PUBLIC OFFICE which is precisely what you are going to attempt do with Trump after you've spent a couple years convincing yourself what he did wasn't a big deal bc it wasn't successful or bc democrats might benefit from his nonsense politically.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I said you are overlooking it. You keep rationalizing it, comparing it to something else, or saying it wasn't a big deal bc it didn't work. You wont call a spade a spade. Intent absolutely matters.

I'm happy to comment on summer riots. I do not condone them. I wish the rioters would be located and punished to the greatest extent of the law. Im disappointed this has not been done to the extent it probably could or should have. Society cannot function with the threat of riot. I suspect the cameras in Washington had some influence over how much was prosecuted but if you want to find me examples of proof of individual rioters getting off scot free I'll sign off on a list that says "ck is enraged about these unpunished rioters"

I'll blast any of what you referenced. Schumer? Don't like him. Find any factual instance of a politician abusing power or an *** hole breaking **** regardless of their party or stance and we can crap on it together.

You know what I wont be doing? I won't be VOTING ANY OF AFOREMENTIONED OF INTO PUBLIC OFFICE which is precisely what you are going to attempt do with Trump after you've spent a couple years convincing yourself what he did wasn't a big deal bc it wasn't successful or bc democrats might benefit from his nonsense politically.
First of all, I'm glad you're calling out the other stuff. I wish more people would.

Secondly, you assume I am a Trump supporter. I am not.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Bwahahaha. No, I just like to make fun of you delusional morons for acting like it's the end of the Country as we know it. It's a terrible look for you, and I guess it's so upsetting to you that nobody paid any attention to your little fact finding committee.
You wouldn't have raised hell if Obama tried it? Or if Biden tries it? Or a Republican without the cult of personality that is Trump. I don't believe you. You'd **** a brick.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
You're damn right they aren't equivalent. What happened on J6 is nothing compared to the other stuff. And you know it too. But you can't defend it with logic, only petty stupidity.

Polls consistently show that this country doesn't care as much about J6 as you want them to. You should consider spending less time crapping up SPS and a little more time educating yourself.
Dude, an attempted coup outranks people protesting, even if those protestors get out of line and break the law. Talk about stupidity. And I don't see the House talking about expunging the records of violent protestors.

Those polls prove my point.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
First of all, I'm glad you're calling out the other stuff. I wish more people would.

Secondly, you assume I am a Trump supporter. I am not.
I read your brief criticism. Will you vote for him in the general - assuming that's who the party nominates. There's a small chance the party rallies behind someone else not named Desantis depending on what shakes out from the future Trump indictments/post nomination trials (if they even occur). I'd say it's no better than 10%. Your choice is very very likely going to be Trump.

You can ask me if I'm voting for Biden. The answer is no. Granted, my vote doesn't count in TN, but those are the facts. I'm hoping he steps out bc he's so damn old and uninspiring. No way he can make it through a 2nd term.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
The propaganda is almost impossible to spread, because of the sheer amount of media. People aren't being kept in the dark about anything in America. We are actually bombarded with information.

Counterpoint….being “not in the dark about anything” in a way makes you in the dark about everything. When there are 10x as many fake news outlets with traction as real ones, and even dozens of fake / misleading / slanted news stories from actual real news outlets every damn day, people get to the point where they pick and choose what they WANT to be true based on nothing other than their worldview. And that’s how you wind up in the dark, where we are now, in this polarized climate.

Its also important to remember that 85% of this country (bare minimum) aren’t the folks that post on boards like this. They are the dumber than śhit mongoloids in line with you at the DMV. They are the a-holes with way oversized tires riding your bumper on the freeway. They are the people posting TikTok videos of parking lot fights and riots and of their brothers or sisters eating Tide pods. Their idiocy and ignorance is overmatched only by how easily they can be manipulated or controlled by social media, fake news and actual media, and elected officials. And that’s how we ended up in this sorry state of affairs, where we are about to go over a decade straight (3 f-ing elections in a row) with the only major presidential candidates being Hilary Clinton, Donald Trump, and Joe Biden. Holy ****, where’s the Tylenol?

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Counterpoint….being “not in the dark about anything” in a way makes you in the dark about everything. When there are 10x as many fake news outlets with traction as real ones, and even dozens of fake / misleading / slanted news stories from actual real news outlets every damn day, people get to the point where they pick and choose what they WANT to be true based on nothing other than their worldview. And that’s how you wind up in the dark, where we are now, in this polarized climate.
Your post made me think about this quote, which I believe was written in the early 1950s regarding totalitarianism.

“In an ever-changing, incomprehensible world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything was possible and that nothing was true. ... Mass propaganda discovered that its audience was ready at all times to believe the worst, no matter how absurd, and did not particularly object to being deceived because it held every statement to be a lie anyhow. The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust that if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness.”
― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism

Reactions: Perd Hapley

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Its also important to remember that 85% of this country (bare minimum) aren’t the folks that post on boards like this. They are the dumber than śhit mongoloids in line with you at the DMV. They are the a-holes with way oversized tires riding your bumper on the freeway. They are the people posting TikTok videos of parking lot fights and riots and of their brothers or sisters eating Tide pods. Their idiocy and ignorance is overmatched only by how easily they can be manipulated or controlled by social media, fake news and actual media, and elected officials. And that’s how we ended up in this sorry state of affairs, where we are about to go over a decade straight (3 f-ing elections in a row) with the only major presidential candidates being Hilary Clinton, Donald Trump, and Joe Biden. Holy ****, where’s the Tylenol?
Agree with this. But at least we have the freedom to choose which dubmassedry to believe, which is the exact opposite of the nazi Germany regime.

ETA: Looking at @dorndawg's post, I can see some similarities there, but I don't think our government gives the ability of someone to take so much power. That's what makes it so great. There are many checks, and always somebody to call you on your shlt.

Last edited:
Reactions: dorndawg

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007

They aren't equivalent in dollars and deaths. Not even close.

That doesn't mean that J6 isn't important in context of the long term stability of our republic or that you (generic you, if you don't intent to vote for Trump) as a voter should co-sign that it was an appropriate way of attempting to hold onto power.
Anyone not named Trump would have been blackballed for an eternity. It's wild. I'm really praying that all this nonsense is a byproduct of a once in a lifetime cult of personality and that people truly don't have such a blatant disregard for process that we allegedly held dear as a core American value for a couple centuries.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That doesn't mean that J6 isn't important in context of the long term stability of our republic or that you (generic you, if you don't intent to vote for Trump) as a voter should co-sign that it was an appropriate way of attempting to hold onto power.
Anyone not named Trump would have been blackballed for an eternity. It's wild. I'm really praying that all this nonsense is a byproduct of a once in a lifetime cult of personality and that people truly don't have such a blatant disregard for process that we allegedly held dear as a core American value for a couple centuries.
I like to keep things simple. I think J6, and all the other bullcrap of the 'Summer of Love', were a direct response to so many people being cooped up, the economic fallout of the shutdowns, and the general fear and frustration everybody felt that whole year, in addition to an election.

I mean we almost had 2 hurricanes merge in the Gulf. That's how 17ed up that year was.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Dude, an attempted coup outranks people protesting, even if those protestors get out of line and break the law. Talk about stupidity. And I don't see the House talking about expunging the records of violent protestors.

Those polls prove my point.
It wasn't an attempted coup, you dubmass. You morons obviously don't know what a coup is. Every time you call it one, you sound dumber.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
They aren't equivalent in dollars and deaths. Not even close.

Sadly, it's not Trump. He's the symptom, not the disease. If J6 couldn't shake them, nothing will. They will keep trying and trying until they find their moment to take power again, and next time they won't let an election stop them. And the feckless, corrupt Dems will give them that chance. I blame them just as much, for the record. A half decent political Party would have no trouble trouncing this pathetic, traitorous GOP. But we have the Dems.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I like to keep things simple. I think J6, and all the other bullcrap of the 'Summer of Love', were a direct response to so many people being cooped up, the economic fallout of the shutdowns, and the general fear and frustration everybody felt that whole year, in addition to an election.

I mean we almost had 2 hurricanes merge in the Gulf. That's how 17ed up that year was.
Newsflash, it's not the acts of a few hundred people on J6 that's the problem. It's the reaction by millions of Republicans. By you.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
It wasn't an attempted coup, you dubmass. You morons obviously don't know what a coup is. Every time you call it one, you sound dumber.
Holy Jesus, you already proved your stupidity. You can stop now.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Agree with this. But at least we have the freedom to choose which dubmassedry to believe, which is the exact opposite of the nazi Germany regime.

ETA: Looking at @dorndawg's post, I can see some similarities there, but I don't think our government gives the ability of someone to take so much power. That's what makes it so great. There are many checks, and always somebody to call you on your shlt.
So did the Germans. Until they didn't.

Good God, does anyone know German history anymore?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Newsflash, it's not the acts of a few hundred people on J6 that's the problem. It's the reaction by millions of Republicans. By you.
I don't approve of J6. And I definitely don't approve of the Summer of Love. I'm still mad at Trump for not calling in the National Guard and squashing that shlt. But.....skeered of re-election.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007

Absolutely no doubt about that. Wild times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login