OT: Terrible Musicals.

JohnJumba

Oct 7, 2021
3 Come to mind.

The First Nudie Musical.

Paint Your Taint. What where Eastwood and Marvin trying to prove? What horrible singers they were?

Modesty Blaise. Pure crap.

JerseyLion

Oct 31, 2021
I saw the movie Into the Woods on cable a few years ago and thought it was terrible. Dracula on Broadway was also pretty bad.

Reactions: JohnJumba

JohnJumba

Oct 7, 2021
Dependong on your definition of Musical, I disagree. The Who's Tommy (more of a rock opera I agree) was amazing. Hamilton was not too bad.

From a movie perspective Moulin Rouge! was just awful.

I like your posts.

Tommy was a rectal blast I forgot.

Add Phantom of the Paradise in here. Just awful. Williams needed pile driven for real. What a twerp.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
3 Come to mind.

The First Nudie Musical.

Paint Your Taint. What where Eastwood and Marvin trying to prove? What horrible singers they were?

Most of them. there are a few exceptions of course but for the most part I'm not a fan.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
Dependong on your definition of Musical, I disagree. The Who's Tommy (more of a rock opera I agree) was amazing. Hamilton was not too bad.

From a movie perspective Moulin Rouge! was just awful.
Tommy was horrible. Hamilton was brutal.
It’s all personal opinion of course.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Tommy was horrible. Hamilton was brutal.
It’s all personal opinion of course.

Sarcastic Mixed Martial Arts GIF by UFC

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
How about Book of Mormon?
Yes that would be one of my exceptions along with Little Shop of Horrors and Jesus Christ Superstar, Hedwig and the Angry inch as well.
Also are we talking Broadway musicals or Movie Musicals?

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
3 Come to mind.

The First Nudie Musical.

I always wondered who watches musicals? Like, someone has to watch this horrible horseshit if they keep making them I guess. I see now.

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
I always wondered who watches musicals? Like, someone has to watch this horrible horseshit if they keep making them I guess. I see now.
I love musicals....
Saw The Magic Show, The Wiz and Camelot with Richard Harris (2nd time around) live on Broadway.

My favorites are 1776, The Music Man and Camelot.

It's a shame that not everyone on the planet enjoys exactly the same type of entertainment. Life would be so much easier....

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
Oklahoma. Never ever good.
Oklahoma revolutionized American Theater and gave birth to the Golden Age of American Musicals. Its importance cannot be overstated. More controversial today than it was at its premier in 1943, audiences through the decades have generally loved it, as do I. Still, musicals, like, all forms of art, are a matter of individual taste and so I respect your opinion, misguided though it is.;)

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I love musicals....
Saw The Magic Show, The Wiz and Camelot with Richard Harris (2nd time around) live on Broadway.

My favorites are 1776, The Music Man and Camelot.

It's a shame that not everyone on the planet enjoys exactly the same type of entertainment. Life would be so much easier....
Wtaf damn

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
We have seen many musicals on Broadway over the years, all of them entertaining. Best: Phantom of The Opera, Chicago, and The Producers. We had the pleasure of seeing Billy Crystal in the limited run show, Mr Saturday Night and it was a riot. To each their own, and not all musicals are created equal.

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
I watch, and enjoy, quality musicals. West Side Story, Hamilton, Les Misérables, 1776, The Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof....the list of those I love is long and ever growing. Besides entertainment, like all art, they cause me to think, draw out my emotions, and can transport me to other times and places.

Last edited:

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
I watch, and enjoy, quality musicals. West Side Story, Hamilton, Les Misérables, The Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof....the list of those I love is long and ever growing. Besides entertainment, like all art, they draw out emotions out of me and can transport me to other times and places.
Very well said fair

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I watch, and enjoy, quality musicals. West Side Story, Hamilton, Les Misérables, 1776, The Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof....the list of those I love is long and ever growing. Besides entertainment, like all art, cause me to think, draw emotions out of me, and can transport me to other times and places.

Same. We go a lot - I’ve seen:

Hamilton
Book of Mormon x 2
Phantom of the Opera
Miss Saigon
Les Miserables
Wicked x 2
Mean Girls
Moulin Rogue
Something Rotten
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Matilda
Chicago
An American in Paris
Aladdin
Waitress
Annie
Best Little Whorehouse Goes Public (Donald Trump and Marla Maples were there, a row over from me; it was the premiere in the mid 90’s)
Guys & Dolls
Cabaret

Wife and daughter were in NYC this past week for a Johns Hopkins course and they saw ‘& Juliet.’

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
Same. We go a lot - I’ve seen:

Hamilton
Book of Mormon x 2
Phantom of the Opera
Miss Saigon
Les Miserables
Wicked x 2
Mean Girls
Moulin Rogue
Something Rotten
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Matilda
Chicago
An American in Paris
Aladdin
Waitress
Annie
Best Little Whorehouse Goes Public (Donald Trump and Marla Maples were there, a row over from me; it was the premiere in the mid 90’s)
Guys & Dolls
Cabaret

Wife and daughter were in NYC this past week for a Johns Hopkins course and they saw ‘& Juliet.’
Impressive list!

pamdlion

Dec 2, 2021
We were in Charleston. They have a cool old theater. Went to see Moon Over Buffalo. I lasted about 30 minutes. It was awful.

Latest posts