Our administration better wake up

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Ole Miss is kicking our ***.

Athletically
Academically
Overall Perception

All three are big Ole Miss advantages now. And they are giving Mississippi students a lot more scholarship money.

Keenum has to fix that part in January. There should be an announcement that we are matching all in-state scholarship offers. That one is simple. There should not be an in-state student that chooses between State and Ole Miss because Ole Miss offers more academic scholarship money. No excuse for that and people should be fired.

Everything else will take some time, but we are way behind. If college football keeps going the direction that I and many others believe it is - our relationship is going to be less Alabama-Auburn and more Arkansas-Arkansas State.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009

Athletically
Academically
Overall Perception

All three are big Ole Miss advantages now. And they are giving Mississippi students a lot more scholarship money.

Keenum has to fix that part in January. There should be an announcement that we are matching all in-state scholarship offers. That one is simple. Everything else will take some time, but we are way behind. If college football keeps going the direction that I and many others believe it is - our relationship is going to be less Alabama-Auburn and more Arkansas-Arkansas State.
Lebby and Selmon are getting the football part fixed.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
I hope so. What Ole Miss is doing is strategic. Down to the Realtree partnership and the dog running around the field.

They are about to win a NY6 game buy 3+TDs and be a strong favorite for the playoff next year while we are in a rebuild. Going to be tough.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Ginger Squirrely Dan GIF by Crave

patdog

May 28, 2007
We hope. I have some real concerns there. One being we have an awful lot of coaches & an AD learning on the job in the SEC. Not ideal.

and yes, 615 is telling the truth. We have absolutely laid down & conceded to them in every way in recent years.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I hope so. What Ole Miss is doing is strategic. Down to the Realtree partnership and the dog running around the field.

They are about to win a NY6 game buy 3+TDs and be a strong favorite for the playoff next year while we are in a rebuild. Going to be tough.
Next year is going to be tough to stomach… even if state is improved, OM will open as a top 10 team and legitimately have a shot at the playoffs next year. I have not looked at their schedule but talent won’t be an issue next year.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Next year is going to be tough to stomach… even if state is improved, OM will open as a top 10 team and legitimately have a shot at the playoffs next year. I have not looked at their schedule but talent won’t be an issue next year.
Ole Miss will be ranked around 5th or 6th and has one of the easier schedules in the SEC. They are all in for next season. Hopefully they **** the bed like we do when expectations are high.

Last edited:

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Sharks beating the paper Tigers like a red headed step child. We better hope they don't get all that new DL talent to jell next year cause they are likely going to have a top 3 offense if not the top.

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005

Athletically
Academically
Overall Perception

Keenum has to fix that part in January. There should be an announcement that we are matching all in-state scholarship offers. That one is simple. There should not be an in-state student that chooses between State and Ole Miss because Ole Miss offers more academic scholarship money. No excuse for that and people should be fired.

Everything else will take some time, but we are way behind. If college football keeps going the direction that I and many others believe it is - our relationship is going to be less Alabama-Auburn and more Arkansas-Arkansas State.
On the academic side, both my kids finished top 5 in their classes, respectable ACT scores, well-rounded. Got one card a piece inviting them to spring tour from MSU. OM sent crap every week then every day and then big offer of $. Yes, both went to OM. One in Tupelo and one on line. They still are MSU fans but the PR/Marketing parts really really suck

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
We blew our wad on a stadium for a sport 90% of the NCAA cares nothing about and won a Natty. Ole Miss invested In Football instead of baseball and still won a Natty in Baseball.
There's a lot of truth to that. Bragging rights for the best SEC baseball stadium. That matters to some.

• Haha
Reactions: Ranchdawg

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
On the academic side, both my kids finished top 5 in their classes, respectable ACT scores, well-rounded. Got one card a piece inviting them to spring tour from MSU. OM sent crap every week then every day and then big offer of $. Yes, both went to OM. One in Tupelo and one on line. They still are MSU fans but the PR/Marketing parts really really suck
Another data point to what we are all seeing. Ole Miss is recruiting the hell out of good in state students while State is sitting on their hands.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Well, when its happening right before your eyes I wouldn't call it panic. I'd call it reality. And if you can't see it, you would have made a really great lookout on the Titanic.
I’m fully aware of the problems that state has. I don’t give two ***** about what OM doing and neither should you. We should worry about what Mississippi state needs and not what Ole Miss is doing.

I swear that school lives so rent-free and all of your heads

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Dump money into baseball. Football is a lost cause. We can’t keep up with the joneses in that arena.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
And Ole Miss hit on one. As simple as that.
A lot of it is timing, for sure. But they’ve always been more committed to football recruiting than us. In the previous system, that got tamped down some. But NIL and the portal have them the window they’ve always needed, combined with having the right coach.

As far as why they are committed, I have no idea if they actually have that much more money than us or if we just dont spend it. I contend they have a bigger number of major boosters who make it happen.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
A lot of damage has already been done and it’s going to take some time, and the right plan, to fix it. 2024 might not be a terribly fun season as we begin our reset while they are ascending to their peak. Those pieces are already in place and we can’t do much about it now. You just gotta hope our long term strategy is a dang good one.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Oklahoma State is one of the best run universities in America and Stillwater is a gem.

Starkville remains a problem for us.
I'm talking football.

If you want to mention logistics, it's much more complicated than just the town. For example, having Alabama 80 miles away.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Dump money into baseball. Football is a lost cause. We can’t keep up with the joneses in that arena.

We already overspend on baseball. Dumping more money into it would just be administrative incompetence. Our ROI in baseball over the last 40 years is terrible. I’m kinda sick of pretending we are some gold standard in that sport when we are arguably the biggest underachievers in the country in it given the head start we had on everyone else and the continued emphasis we’ve placed on it for decades.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Thanks Cohen.
1. We had our chance to bury Ole Miss with the Freeze scandal and he hired JoeMo.
2. Way overspent on Baseball.
3. Turned a blind eye to NIL. Thank goodness for Charlie are we would be in a much worse NIL position.
4. Gutted recruiting and marketing.
Baseball might honestly be the best student recruiting tool we have.

We can’t even figure out our sports logo, much less anything else.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Baseball might honestly be the best student recruiting tool we have.

We can’t even figure out our sports logo, much less anything else.
Speaking of such have you not noticed that all of a sudden there is no mascot mentioned for ole miss. It's always just ole miss even though they still have rebels in their end zone. They have marketed OM and it's stuck.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login