Our administration better wake up

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I think that’s just an opinion not based on any fact. Everyone at State knows how important FB is. We are just really bad at hiring. Cohen leaving is the best thing to happen to us.
That again was Keenum bonehead move to listen to the cigar boys that loved cohen because they would get everything they wanted with him

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
My point was we need to make football and basketball places to be as well. It’s more than just what’s happening on the field. I think Selmon understands this but it’s going to take a lot of work to reprogram State fans who have spend the last decade not caring about basketball.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Good synopsis. I was a Cohen fan but it’s true he didn’t get the big part beyond hiring coaches. Just really sucks that Leach died.

I like what Selmon does but Lebby has to win to make it work. Winning is all

Byrne knew how to do both
Exactly. We sorely missed a business side ad for years after Stricklin left

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Yeah, those big cracks I tell you. Would have hated going 7-5 as a baseline then hitting 10-2 or better. Braden Locke, man, he wasn’t promising our anything. And funny how Leach’s portal lands always seemed to work out? So weird.

Our dubmass fanbase didn’t deserve Leach, because of the stuff like you say here. Small-time thinking because he wasn’t crootin them run da bawl playuhs. Yayuh mayun.

I was as much of an Air Raid advocate as anyone. But you simply cannot ignore that our recruiting sucked under Leach. In 2023 we were still leaning heavily on guys recruited by Joe Moorhead and in some cases Dan Mullen. Now those guys are gone. 2024 would’ve been a big rebuild with Leach, too.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Well, when its happening right before your eyes I wouldn't call it panic. I'd call it reality. And if you can't see it, you would have made a really great lookout on the Titanic.
Been here before and it never ends the way Ole Miss wants it too. Everyone is looking at Ole Miss next season. They better not take their eyes off of A&M. They have a loaded roster, a coach that will win and a fairly easy schedule next season. Bama and us got screwed on scheduling.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I was as much of an Air Raid advocate as anyone. But you simply cannot ignore that our recruiting sucked under Leach. In 2023 we were still leaning heavily on guys recruited by Joe Moorhead and in some cases Dan Mullen. Now those guys are gone. 2024 would’ve been a big rebuild with Leach, too.
Never as bad as you think. Our crootin was fine, Leach knew what a D1 player looked like, it’s not really debatable.

Oct 3, 2008
My point was we need to make football and basketball places to be as well. It’s more than just what’s happening on the field. I think Selmon understands this but it’s going to take a lot of work to reprogram State fans who have spend the last decade not caring about basketball.
Exactly. What has been done with the baseball weekend experience needs to be replicated for football & baskeball. We have thug brawls occurring outside our football stadium, while the in-game experience is like watching Hulu with ads.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
The students that the schools overlap on are what? Because that's the students we are losing. I cannot imagine going to either usm or OM for ChE (not that i would have). If I were business/law and could stomach being a douche, I'd have considered oxford.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Been here before and it never ends the way Ole Miss wants it too. Everyone is looking at Ole Miss next season. They better not take their eyes off of A&M. They have a loaded roster, a coach that will win and a fairly easy schedule next season. Bama and us got screwed on scheduling.
No one of us have ever been here before. The rules in college sports have changed dramatically. One school in the state has embraced those changes. Others have not.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don’t know how one can look at the 2021 and 2022 classes, watch this roster on both sides of the ball in 2023, and say our recruiting was fine.
It wasn’t. Not even close. And this years recruiting isn’t much better.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
A lot of it is timing, for sure. But they’ve always been more committed to football recruiting than us. In the previous system, that got tamped down some. But NIL and the portal have them the window they’ve always needed, combined with having the right coach.

As far as why they are committed, I have no idea if they actually have that much more money than us or if we just dont spend it. I contend they have a bigger number of major boosters who make it happen.
Don't fool yourself. They are still cheating, probably worse than before. They can launder a whole lot of illicit funds within the guise of the NIL since they have lawyers on the payroll. When it comes to lying, cheating and stealing The Flagship wrote the book on "How to cheat in plain sight"

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
It wasn’t. Not even close. And this years recruiting isn’t much better.

We were headed for a total disaster with this year’s class until Lebby came in a did a salvage job just to get it comparable to our historical average. And even now it’s still a pretty weak class defensively.

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We were headed for a total disaster with this year’s class until Lebby came in a did a salvage job just to get it comparable to our historical average. And even now it’s still a pretty weak class defensively.
Bc of Arnett not Leach

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Keenum is far from an idiot.

Before calling on him to leave, I think it’s best we get some facts out on the table about what our plans are, rather than just believing a few posters around here that enjoy bragging on their kids ACT scores (which seem to be skyrocketing everywhere).
Yep. I'm beginning to think putting your name in the top of each subject matter gets you to 20 on the ACT and any questions you answer after that are graded on a curve. Either that or all ACT test are now only covering what you learned through the 6th grade, which as we all know even Jethro Bodine gadiated from.
I'm my day we had 4.0 straight A for 4 years of high school kids making 19-23 on the ACT. So of course they went on up yonder to Ol Miss and got that MRS. Degree!

patdog

May 28, 2007
Agree. Offensively, I think we’ll be ok. Need a LOT of help on the defense.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
No one of us have ever been here before. The rules in college sports have changed dramatically. One school in the state has embraced those changes. Others have not.
I am talking about when they were buying all those guys when Freeze was there. We were basically saying the same thing.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Naw. I like the volleyball shorts better than the soccer shorts. We do need to spend some money on women's pole vaulting though. They wear sport appropriate clothing. 😎

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Exactly. What has been done with the baseball weekend experience needs to be replicated for football & baskeball. We have thug brawls occurring outside our football stadium, while the in-game experience is like watching Hulu with ads.
Again the admin wasted money on what they did to the basketball facilities. The most prominent basketball program of the past 25 years plays in essentially a dump called Cameron Indoor Stadium. The main level for basketball has to be reserved for the students! They are the ones that make it go! The money fans go to watch the game but they aren't going make the environment. It ain't about concourse or nice concessions for basketball. It is about FAN experience and participation. The students need to have the lower half of the lower bowl. Actually there should not be two levels for basketball arenas ever. One level floor to ceiling with a narrow walkway between the back row of the standing students and the first row of sitting ticket holders.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Maybe not. But MSU has allowed the mindset to creep in that oh well we will continue to take licks in football and be content as the SEC whipping boy because by gawd we gon be good at baseball. It has become all too often a mentality that drives MSU mediocrity.
I’ve never really heard any State fan that actually has this “mindset”. Well, actually, I have now heard of one person with this “mindset” after reading your post.

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
Let me know when our fanbase starts supporting football and basketball. I’m talking real support. Not just showing up when we are good in football, and not relying on one guy in basketball to do the heavy lifting.

I’ll be waiting a while.
That one man has done more than the heavy lifting on basketball. Frankly we can’t keep asking him to donate for every facility

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I mean he hired a baseball coach to be athletic director. That’s squarely on him. We could’ve hired any number of people that were actually qualified but we instead gave the job to the baseball coach.
Yeah man forget the first 8 years. And obviously somebody saw something in Cohen, he’s at Auburn.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login