Prepare for a melt

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
Rosey says DJ and Woody are considering hitting the portal and should find out about 1 today (that's probably bad news).

Oklahoma is courting DJ. How can you just tamper with players now? Total BS. Where is the NCAA???

Of course our offense is not an offense any RB with a possible NFL future would want to take part. If they both transfer what a blow when it looks like we should have a good team next year. We can move on from RaRa. Probably won't be able to recover if DJ and Woody both transfer.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Rosey says DJ and Woody are considering hitting the portal and should find out about 1 today (that's probably bad news).

Oklahoma is courting DJ. How can you just tamper with players now? Total BS. Where is the NCAA???

Of course our offense is not an offense any RB with a possible NFL future would want to take part. If they both transfer what a blow when it looks like we should have a good team next year. We can move on from RaRa. Probably won't be able to recover if DJ and Woody both transfer.
I'm gonna call BS on your last paragraph. The NFL expects RBs to catch passes out of the back field. That doesn't happen at a lot of run first programs.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Not calling BS on the fact we will be screwed. We better be in the portal. As I have been stating, without those 2 guys we are very thin at RB.

Reactions: Ibdancin

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
There are some around the program who are high on Price, y'all know much about him? He hasn't gotten much touches.

Last edited:

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
We have a Fr RB in the portal already.

I was under the impression that other teams couldn’t contact your players until they entered the portal. Is that not right?

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
As for where the NCAA is, they're going to take the next few years off in enforcing all but the most serious violations, hoping that the schools come running back to them begging to calm the chaos.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
Not calling BS on the fact we will be screwed. We better be in the portal. As I have been stating, without those 2 guys we are very thin at RB.
Kavosiey Smoke who has been Kentucky’s primary backup is coming on an official visit to us soon. I’d say the writing is on the wall that at least one of our tailbacks is leaving.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
government americans GIF

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
As for where the NCAA is, they're going to take the next few years off in enforcing all but the most serious violations, hoping that the schools come running back to them begging to calm the chaos.
Which is exactly what will happen.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Kavosiey Smoke who has been Kentucky’s primary backup is coming on an official visit to us soon. I’d say the writing is on the wall that at least one of our tailbacks is leaving.
How does this work? An "official visit" from a player on another teams' roster? And since questions work best in threes (On3), why would he want to leave UK?

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
We have a Fr RB in the portal already.

I was under the impression that other teams couldn’t contact your players until they entered the portal. Is that not right?
Teams can’t. Friends of the program can.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
LJ Johnson from Texas A&M, Trevion Cooley from Louisville are available. Hopefully the coaches have a plan.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If a running back wants to show the NFL you can run the ball, catch the ball out of the back field and most of all block, State is where you need to be. As a running back you will get all you need to create a highlight film.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
The last thing that is needed is for a bunch of academics, athletic administrators or politicians to try and rein this in.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

??? Have you watched the NFL lately? Our offense is great prep for the NFL. If we could run it properly, our backs would get to showcase the skills that NFL teams want to see and avoid the wear and tear RBs get in more traditional college offenses. Since we do so many running back dumps where they aren't really open and DBs get to tee off on them, we somewhat negate the lack of wear and tear argument.

Reactions: Faustdog

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
How does this work? An "official visit" from a player on another teams' roster? And since questions work best in threes (On3), why would he want to leave UK?
Well he’s in the portal so he’s not really on anyone’s roster at the moment. He will come for a visit just like our normal HS recruits. I don’t really know why he is in the portal. I guess he was unhappy with that offense or his role. Who knows.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

Our offense is an offense that RBs wanting the NFL would take part in. Most RBs are required to pass block and what they gain here is way more experience in that. Not only that, they are now required to catch the ball and run routes as well as any WR.

If they are considering leaving it's because they have 1 year left and 1 year to make the most money they can.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
You know what, I just don’t care anymore. Oh sure, I’ll continue reading about it and I’ll always be a Bulldog but I’m done being financially and emotionally invested in a bunch of 18-20 year old rented mules. I honestly don’t see how all this is sustainable but what do I know?

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Our offense is an offense that RBs wanting the NFL would take part in. Most RBs are required to pass block and what they gain here is way more experience in that. Not only that, they are now required to catch the ball and run routes as well as any WR.

If they are considering leaving it's because they have 1 year left and 1 year to make the most money they can.
And want more carries. After all, they are called running backs.

Reactions: pmack3641
Sep 15, 2009
LJ Johnson from Texas A&M, Trevion Cooley from Louisville are available. Hopefully the coaches have a plan.
In reality, we won't get a highly rated RB. I mean think about it. If you were a highly rated RB would you want to go to a school that is run heavy or a school that is pass heavy?

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015

I don’t think the professionals in the room share your emotional fan perspective. They can teach them what they need to know.

Reactions: pmack3641

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Right, the NFL has no expectation of using running backs to catch passes, pass protect, and run the ball when called upon.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
The courts have spoken. The NCAA has left the building. The current situation is a wild west that makes the mid 80's look like a Boy Scout jamboree.
Not exactly. The NCAA has leverage. They just are not using it. They could:

- End the transfer portal.
- Reduce Scholarships
- Limit the amount of times a player can transfer.

There is alot they can do. They just aren't.

Keep in mind. Even the mighty BAMA is getting raided.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
If a running back wants to show the NFL you can run the ball, catch the ball out of the back field and most of all block, State is where you need to be. As a running back you will get all you need to create a highlight film.
That's true, but a starting RB is expecting more than 10 carries a game.

Reactions: ServiceDogg

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
In reality, we won't get a highly rated RB. I mean think about it. If you were a highly rated RB would you want to go to a school that is run heavy or a school that is pass heavy?
The one that shows the NFL I can do all things asked of me.

The NFL is changing.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009

RBs want to run the ball more than catch it and certainly run it more than pass block.

Our RBs in order of responsibility: Pass block, catch passes then run the ball.

Running backs want to tote the rock? Go figure.

Maybe throwing the ball 27x in a row had an effect????

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
Right, the NFL has no expectation of using running backs to catch passes, pass protect, and run the ball when called upon.
The way we run our offense is unattractive to RBs. Why do you think we have a 4star in RB in the portal, might lose both our RBs who play now and we can't sign a highly rated RB this year? We've got a low rated JUCO no body has ever heard of committed now and no one else. There's a good one in our state, but looks like he'd rather play 2,000 miles away in Oregon or....some say he may go to Ole Miss now.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
The way we run our offense is unattractive to RBs. Why do you think we have a 4star in RB in the portal, might lose both our RBs who play now and we can't sign a highly rated RB this year? We've got a low rated JUCO no body has ever heard of committed now and no one else. There's a good one in our state, but looks like he'd rather play 2,000 miles away in Oregon or....some say he may go to Ole Miss now.
I think you just changed the argument. Your original premise was that the running back skills MSU develops aren't attractive to the NFL. I submitted that they are. Now you countered with no running backs want to come here. We have always had good running backs. Until that changes, I'll not be jumping from the ledge. The running back at Ole Miss was not highly recruited either. It comes across as you just being negative on Leach, but I may be wrong on that.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
RBs want to run the ball more than catch it and certainly run it more than pass block.

Our RBs in order of responsibility: Pass block, catch passes then run the ball.

Running backs want to tote the rock? Go figure.

Maybe throwing the ball 27x in a row had an effect????
RBs want to do the same as every other player on an NCAA team. Go pro.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
You know what, I just don’t care anymore. Oh sure, I’ll continue reading about it and I’ll always be a Bulldog but I’m done being financially and emotionally invested in a bunch of 18-20 year old rented mules. I honestly don’t see how all this is sustainable but what do I know?
I’ve said this for about 3-4 years now - since all this NIL ******** and transfer portal ******** and Opt Outs of the bowls started happening.
17-em

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
It's bad when the players hate what we're doing on offense. We're already limited without kids hauling *** because they don't like what the offense is doing. Lose enough kids and recruits notice.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login