Prepare for a melt

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
BS. Kylin was with the Green Bay Packers until a few weeks ago when he was released because he was an issue in their locker room!

Now you are just straight up not telling the truth.

Packers coach Matt LaFleur was surprisingly candid in his explanation of the decision to cut running back Kylin Hill this week, indicating that Hill didn’t conduct himself the way the Packers expect of their players.

“Being a member of the Green Bay Packers, it’s a privilege,” LaFleur said. “There are standards and expectations that are placed on every member of this team that we expect guys to live up to.

Asked if the decision to cut Hill was less about what kind of football player he is than about other things away from the field, LaFleur answered, “Yeah, I would say so.”
What are you blathering on about? Mike Leach did nothing to advance Kylin's career. He barely played for him and left the team.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
17 it. Let’s just fire Leach and hire some Mississippi high school coach who runs the Wing T and maybe some of you guys will be happy. Perhaps that guy who got fired after fighting a parent in the stands. Y’all can probably relate to that guy. And I bet he shows a lot of fire and passion on the sidelines. He’ll probably take the job for $80,000 so we can spend the rest of that money on our NIL collective. Perfect!
I laugh hard at these few people.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
And how many RB's has Leach coached that are now in the NFL?
At most running back last five years in the NFL. Very few coaches are going to have many at one time. Hill was playing up until a few weeks ago. Back have to be able to do a lot of things now in the NFL.

Last edited:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
This is what this is. My understanding is that the bulldog initiative is mainly active in paying to keep players right now more so than working with recruits. I'm sure Johnson and Marks heard what other players were getting to stay and felt like they were not properly compensated and felt like they would not be unless there was a credible threat they would leave for more money. I would love to keep both of them, but I feel like we really need Johnson. Johnson and Price could probably replace what Johnson and Marks did last year. Don't think Marks and Price could.
Marks ran like a man possessed against Ole Miss. I was very impressed with his effort, vision and output in that one. Didn't seem to hit the holes tentatively at all.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Here are a few. Interestingly enough, the biggest group seems to be WRs. It's OK to be unhappy about our players leaving, but to pretend that it is a Leach thing is just bias shining through. You don't like Leach. I get it. That's fine too.

Devin Leary(starter), NC State,
DJ Uiagalelei(5*), Clemson,
Nick Evers(4*), Oklahoma,
Brennan Armstrong(starter), Virginia,
Spencer Sanders(starter), Oklahoma State,
Hudson Card(4*), Texas,
Jeff Sims(starter;4*), Georgia Tech,
Drew Pyne(starter), Notre Dame,
RB Nay'Quan Wright(4*), Florida,
WR Dorian Singer(2nd in PAC12), Arizona,
WRs Dont'e Thornton(#4 receiver) and Seven McGee, Oregon,
WR De'Zhaun Stribling, Washington State (leading receiver),
RB Kobe Pace(#2 running back), Clemson,
WR Traeshon Holden(4*), Alabama,
WR Elijah Spencer(#1 receiver), Charlotte
WR Jimmy Horn Jr.(14.3yds/reception), USF
OLB Dasan McCullough (4*/48 tackles/4 sacks), Indiana
CB Fentrell Cypress II, Virginia
CB JQ Hardaway(4*), Cincinnati
DL Tunmise Adeleye (injured but good), Texas A&M
LB Mason Cobb (96 tackles/13 TFL/2 sacks/int/forced fumble), Oklahoma State

Exactly. But blaming the death of NCAA football on him is nothing more than a joke. Blaming MSU NIL is a joke.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Yeah the guys that lead our offense in the Egg Bowl and are the reason we won it and the Auburn game are definitely not going to be big losses. Without them and our defense we are 6-6 right now.
We'll have guys to do the same thing. And both aren't likely to leave.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
What are you blathering on about? Mike Leach did nothing to advance Kylin's career. He barely played for him and left the team.
No, Hill went through Spring, Summer and the part of the season until Hill did Hill things in the Locker room and was dismissed for it. The same things he was dismissed for by Green Bay.

During that time Hill was prepared for the NFL learning how to Block, Catch, and run routes out of the backfield.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
You are certainly a cup half full guy, but some folks need a serious dose of Bobby McFerrin!

I simply trust a proven coach who has RBs in the system that will step up IF the starters go elsewhere while at the same time understand the landscape of college football.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Marks ran like a man possessed against Ole Miss. I was very impressed with his effort, vision and output in that one. Didn't seem to hit the holes tentatively at all.
I'm not knocking Marks. He's been good for us and I don't want him to leave. I just think Johnson is a little bit better and more importantly, has some size and is harder to take down. I know they are listed as being close in weight, but I'm just not sure I believe that. So if we keep Johnson and Price takes Marks place, we have sort of the same dynamic with a bigger back and a faster back and maybe Price improves enough for it to basically be no loss. If we keep Marks and Price, we're just going to lose some of that YAC that Johnson brings.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
No, Hill went through Spring, Summer and the part of the season until Hill did Hill things in the Locker room and was dismissed for it. The same things he was dismissed for by Green Bay.

During that time Hill was prepared for the NFL learning how to Block, Catch, and run routes out of the backfield.
Cmon man. Don’t die on this Hill

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020

There's no point arguing with you about it. You're so biased about Leach it's insane. Leach > State to you.

I'm not arguing any about his issues. Kylin is and always has been a cancer.

Even if we count Kylin, Leach has 2 RB's that have played snaps in the NFL. That means he doesn't prepare them for the NFL. If he did, he's have more. Mullen had more in less years a head coach. Croom had more.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I'm not knocking Marks. He's been good for us and I don't want him to leave. I just think Johnson is a little bit better and more importantly, has some size and is harder to take down. I know they are listed as being close in weight, but I'm just not sure I believe that. So if we keep Johnson and Price takes Marks place, we have sort of the same dynamic with a bigger back and a faster back and maybe Price improves enough for it to basically be no loss. If we keep Marks and Price, we're just going to lose some of that YAC that Johnson brings.
Go watch the JUCO guy coming in.

Reactions: fieldcorporal

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Cmon man. Don’t die on this Hill

So he did not coach him is what you are saying? ar you saying that Hill was not removed for what he did at MSU? Or we saying that Green Bay HC lied in the presser? What is it that was not truth in what I posted?

kired

Aug 22, 2008
At most running back last five years in the NFL. Very few coaches are going to have many at one time. Hill was playing up until a few weeks ago. Back have to be able to do a lot of things now in the NFL.
Need someone to figure up total NFL stats of all Mike Leach RBs. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say all of them combined over 20 years have less than 1000 yards rushing + receiving total. Hill career stats are currently sitting at 38 (which is stupid to include because he didn't even play half a season for Leach).

I know NFL has changed - but we aren't the only college team where a RB can get practice pass blocking and receiving.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
There's no point arguing with you about it. You're so biased about Leach it's insane. Leach > State to you.

Even if we count Kylin, Leach has 2 RB's that have played snaps in the NFL. That means he doesn't prepare them for the NFL. If he did, he's have more. Mullen had more in less years a head coach. Croom had more.
How many NFL athletes has Leach had at RB over his career? Do Texas Tech and WSU typically produce NFL RBs a lot of NFL RBs? I'm sure Texas Tech has a few. Little more skeptical that WSU does.

And the fact that Croom has produced an NFL RB I think tells more has to do with natural ability than coaching.

ETA: Also there is more luck involved than I think people are willing to acknowledge. There was a pubic hair of difference between JJ Johnson, Boobie, Norwood, Vick Ballard. Boobie made a career out of special teams, Norwood made it 5 years I think, and Johnson and Ballard didn't even finish out their rookie contracts I don't think. Justin Griffith had a longer career than any of them except Boobie I thinkl.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ibdancin

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
So he did not coach him is what you are saying? ar you saying that Hill was not removed for what he did at MSU? Or we saying that Green Bay HC lied in the presser? What is it that was not truth in what I posted?
Mike Leach had minimal to no impact on Hill getting to the NFL. I don’t know how you can pretend otherwise. He got there on physical potential alone.

The points about Hill being a cancer are 1000% true. No argument here. He is a head case and I’m embarrassed that he attended the same University as me.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

I'm not biased on anything. I'm simply not going to blame Leach for NIL. Just Like I am not going to blame you for not giving a few hundred thousand to Charlie!

Your whole "Leach and RBs" is void of any context what so ever. 20 years ago, what was required of a RB is not the same as today. There is no comparison.

The recruiting at WSU is way different here.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Let's not forget, aren't you the one who put all your credibility on the line for JoMo? Was that you?
WOW! LOL!

Bless your heart. My stance has been and will always be you don't fire a coach in 1 year (which was being talked about ). You don't fire them after 2.

JoMo was different. He lost control of the locker room and allowed the players to do what they wanted. Showing up at practice when they wanted and leaving when they wanted. Take that crap elsewhere! LOL!

Whenever you state crap like that, it's YOU that loses all credibility.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You fellows better go ahead and prepare to cry at the end of every season . Programs with more money &prestige that we don't have can blatantly come in and recruit our players now. If all the players are worried about is gold then we're gonna lose those players. Even if we had the money to match another schools offer, if that school is someone like Alabama we're gonna lose more times than not because Eskimos probably know who Bama is.

If we really do find some real "diamond in the rough" player totally missed by the big guys. We have to hope that they are the kind of player that will want to stay with this program because they are emotionally invested in and emotionally bought in to what we have. We have to hope that the players that we have had like Chris Jones, Jeffrey Simmons, and Dak Prescott well, hopefully be true maroon instead of true maron

Reactions: HRMSU and Ibdancin

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
You fellows better go ahead and prepare to cry at the end of every season . Programs with more money &prestige that we don't have can blatantly come in and recruit our players now. If all the players are worried about is gold then we're gonna lose those players. Even if we had the money to match another schools offer, if that school is someone like Alabama we're gonna lose more times than not because Eskimos probably know who Bama is.

If we really do find some real "diamond in the rough" player totally missed by the big guys. We have to hope that they are the kind of player that will want to stay with this program because they are emotionally invested in and emotionally bought in to what we have. We have to hope that the players that we have had like Chris Jones, Jeffrey Simmons, and Dak Prescott well, hopefully be true maroon instead of true maron
I don't think you can say "Eskimos" any more. You probably still sit indian style.***

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Bingo. These guys are putting their name in the portal to leverage a pay day. By either their current school or another school.

it's ridiculous.
Free market capitalism. Lots of people do that.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Not exactly. The NCAA has leverage. They just are not using it. They could:

- End the transfer portal.
- Reduce Scholarships
- Limit the amount of times a player can transfer.

There is alot they can do. They just aren't.

Keep in mind. Even the mighty BAMA is getting raided.
On the other hand, there's the threat of a superconference forming and leaving the NCAA out as a governing body.

Reactions: Ibdancin

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
The courts have spoken. The NCAA has left the building. The current situation is a wild west that makes the mid 80's look like a Boy Scout jamboree.

Pony Express was just way ahead of the times......come on SMU time to get your revenge from the Death Penalty !

Players better hope individual greed doesn't kill the golden goose. I'm not saying that other parties haven't been greedy or benefited disproportionately but it was built to scale. This over correction without guard rails is not at scale and could bring down the system as we know it.

Some may think that's good and some may think that's bad but what is 💯 is that we are no longer in Kansas anymore! The Emperor indeed has new clothes and if they start to look like minor league football I think many eyeballs will lose interest.

Reactions: blacklistedbully

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I
Of course money is a factor. But if you don’t think style of play matters, you are being more naive than usual.
There are plenty of starting players entering the portal. Almost half the ACC starting quarterbacks have entered. Do they all hate their style of play or do they just want more NIL money? It’s at least 90% all about who will pay the most.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Not exactly. The NCAA has leverage. They just are not using it. They could:

- End the transfer portal.
- Reduce Scholarships
- Limit the amount of times a player can transfer.

There is alot they can do. They just aren't.

Keep in mind. Even the mighty BAMA is getting raided.
The NCAA can try and do whatever they want. But now that the players have staked their claim to the money grab that is college athletics, there is no turning back. The Thomas Mars of the world will make sure of that.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
The portal and NIL will definitely be a detriment to our football program. All of the glory we achieved under the previous rules in the 120+ years on the gridiron is wasted. Our dynasty is under duress. We must get the old rules back in place or risk profound, longterm mediocrity... Hold on, being told we are not Alabama, we are Mississippi State. Nevermind, new rules are worth a go.

BA Dog

Nov 4, 2021
There was a pubic hair of difference between JJ Johnson, Boobie, Norwood, Vick Ballard.
I know this is a side argument, but Jerious Norwood is head and shoulders above the others. He was the fastest/most explosive player on the field every time he stepped on the field. I sincerely believe that had he played for USC and Reggie Bush plays for us that Norwood wins the heisman.
Now, back to wailing and gnashing of teeth.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I don't think you can say "Eskimos" any more. You probably still sit indian style.***
Still amazed at how wonderful I turned out despite being raised by people that said **** like that. Luckily for my kids they are raised by somebody virtuous like me and they don't know any other phrase to call it than criss cross apple sauce.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Still amazed at how wonderful I turned out despite being raised by people that said **** like that. Luckily for my kids they are raised by somebody virtuous like me and they don't know any other phrase to call it than criss cross apple sauce.
I simply cannot say criss cross applesauce. If I get attacked one day for indian style, I will present my Cherokee heritage in my defense.

Reactions: AFDawg

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
I simply cannot say criss cross applesauce. If I get attacked one day for indian style, I will present my Cherokee heritage in my defense.
Indian style refers to India, not indigenous Americans. Think about how a meditating guru would sit.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
Can’t read this whole thread but would like to say that there was a lot of comments this year about how DJ and Marks play this season was due to them finally understanding the offense and getting experience in it. Losing both is going to be a major setback and newcomers are not likely to have instant success.

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
We like to have it both ways
Can’t read this whole thread but would like to say that there was a lot of comments this year about how DJ and Marks play this season was due to them finally understanding the offense and getting experience in it. Losing both is going to be a major setback and newcomers are not likely to have instant success.
We like to have it both ways when it's convenient for the argument. When things are going good, it's cause the offense is super easy to learn. When things are going bad, it's cause the offense is so complicated we need 10 million reps before we finally get it right. Whatever fits the current narrative argument that several in our fan base have in attempts to defend our atrocious offensive play against top 70 defenses.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login