Prepare for a melt

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
This is not about anything other than young men trying to get the most dollars they can. They hear about what their buddies may or may not be making at other schools and they want a bigger slice of our NIL pie.'
If this really concerns you, GIVE GIVE GIVE to our NIL fund. Otherwise, you just have to hope we can make it work with the little money we got to pay these boys. Because, in comparison to our SEC brethren, it's pretty paltry.

The money better start coming from those who are "disproportionately" benefitting from all this Big time college football money or this shite isn't scalable as we know it. Lack of stability and scale will destroy anything remotely resembling "College football"

Joe Blow college fan or booster cannot underwrite this madness on a consistent basis. Better start finding a pathway to reallocating TV money or something because we will lose the money arms race by a LONG shot if we are depending on our footprint to compete with the money much larger institutions can raise.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
You fellows better go ahead and prepare to cry at the end of every season . Programs with more money &prestige that we don't have can blatantly come in and recruit our players now. If all the players are worried about is gold then we're gonna lose those players. Even if we had the money to match another schools offer, if that school is someone like Alabama we're gonna lose more times than not because Eskimos probably know who Bama is.

If we really do find some real "diamond in the rough" player totally missed by the big guys. We have to hope that they are the kind of player that will want to stay with this program because they are emotionally invested in and emotionally bought in to what we have. We have to hope that the players that we have had like Chris Jones, Jeffrey Simmons, and Dak Prescott well, hopefully be true maroon instead of true maron

We'd be better off diverting some NIL money to bring Billy Beane on staff....Money Ball baby....watch out Slippery Rock we're coming for your LT

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Rosey says DJ and Woody are considering hitting the portal and should find out about 1 today (that's probably bad news).

Oklahoma is courting DJ. How can you just tamper with players now? Total BS. Where is the NCAA???

Of course our offense is not an offense any RB with a possible NFL future would want to take part. If they both transfer what a blow when it looks like we should have a good team next year. We can move on from RaRa. Probably won't be able to recover if DJ and Woody both

This doesn't bother me at all. RBs are a dime a dozen.

Especially in our offense, which is not run-heavy.

Also . . . while both DJ and Woody played well at times, it won't be very difficult to replace them. Just my opinion.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Mind blown. Here I am thinking people were worried about offending the feathers, but its the dots who are so sensitive.
I care but I don't care. Tired of being told how different we are when I spent the last 60 years learning and believing everyone is the same.

I never say anything purposely Inappropriate except with mirth in my heart because I believe we should have less classification and more unification

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
So what happens when these NIL collectives start to attach contracts to their payments to these athletes? Want your $1m NIL valuation, sign the dotted line. Better have an agent/attorney. Read the fine print, you’ll be required to stay enrolled at the school and on the team for your full eligibility or you will be required to pay a buyout to break your contract. It’s coming.

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
why would he want to leave UK?
they went 7-5 (including a loss to vandy) with a qb that has already declared for the draft....hell, levis hasn't event committed to playing in the music city bowl. i bet he opts out. and think, uk travels to starkville, nashville, athens, & columbia next year.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
This doesn't bother me at all. RBs are a dime a dozen.

Especially in our offense, which is not run-heavy.

Also . . . while both DJ and Woody played well at times, it won't be very difficult to replace them. Just my opinion.
Price can do what they do, he just needs experience. This coaching staff has done a pretty decent job of filling positions and building the roster so far so I see no reason to panic.

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
Called this a week or so ago. Heard they'd been tampering with him for a while and he was starstruck
Yep, B-b-b-b-b-b-but the collective!!! Doesn't matter. We are STILL going to get picked clean by the big boys. It just means the cheating is no longer under the table but out in the wide open and nothing that Stankey and the SEC, much less the NCAA can or WILL do about it.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
That doesn't matter. It's a BS argument. How many RBs does MSU have in the NFL right now? 1... Kylin Hill. Coached by Leach who helped him learn to catch. Let me guess. He doesn't count right?
"Leach helped him learn to catch"? He had 1 catch last year for 5 yds.

Since he was cut on November 15 there have been no sightings in the news of him. His 2021 stats according to NFL.com were 10 rushes 24 yds, 1 reception 7 yds. 2022 stats 1 carry 7 yds. So, NO, he doesn't count

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
"Leach helped him learn to catch"? He had 1 catch last year for 5 yds.

Since he was cut on November 15 there have been no sightings in the news of him. His 2021 stats according to NFL.com were 10 rushes 24 yds, 1 reception 7 yds. 2022 stats 1 carry 7 yds. So, NO, he doesn't count

No sir.

23 catches for 275 yards. under Leach!

Do you know how many reps in practice this system does? LOL!

Did he sign an NFL contract? YES is the answer.
He was drafted and started in year one. They put him returning kicks. 10 returns 199 yards before injury.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login