STATE Bowl Game Thread

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Nah...pretty sure there is some seething hatred. No sense in the commentary today otherwise
I don’t hate Will. He seems like a likable guy, but there are some huge gaps in his play (taking hits, downfield passes, indecision, among others) and it should be fair to call those out when they lead to a loss of offensive production.

Also, it should be fair game to say some variation of “dammit Will” when he makes a poor decision.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
It’s fair to say that we should be winning because of Will yet often we win despite him.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Glad to get the win. 9-4 is very good in my book. It will be interesting to see how the final staff shakes out and if we're able to pick up any nice additions through the portal.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Saying or posting "dammit will" isn't quite the same as "he better be selling insurance next year"....or is it.

Agreed. I've said worse when Mangum would chase terrible pitches, didn't mean I wanted him to fail, or that I even wanted him benched.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
He played better in 2nd half for sure. I would say it was a total C + from qb today. Second half brought that up.
Sorry you guys who hate Will. He was crap in the first half but played very well in the second half. That TD throw was money. He led us to a 9 win season. How many quarterbacks have done that? Not too many.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
I think they should look at all options at QB. It’s just comical how much it bothers you.

oh and bye again.
leslie chow hangover GIF
Thank you

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Saying or posting "dammit will" isn't quite the same as "he better be selling insurance next year"....or is it.
I don’t think that’s that bad, honestly. Doesn’t rise to the level of “hate”.

It’s not like he’s being called a useless shitbаg or having people lament that his mother didn’t have an abortion.

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
It should be obvious but I don’t mean you hate him like personally hate him. You hate the way he plays quarterback and want him to be replaced. Aggressively negative if you will.

ETA: You might call me a sunshine pumper but I don’t think Will has played bad enough for all the relentless negativity that some on here give him. Is he a great quarterback. No, but he is a hell of a lot better than most quarterbacks who have played here. I just think he doesn’t deserve all the negativity he gets.
Then don't use the word hate. It's low IQ.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
It should be obvious but I don’t mean you hate him like personally hate him. You hate the way he plays quarterback and want him to be replaced. Aggressively negative if you will.

ETA: You might call me a sunshine pumper but I don’t think Will has played bad enough for all the relentless negativity that some on here give him. Is he a great quarterback. No, but he is a hell of a lot better than most quarterbacks who have played here. I just think he doesn’t deserve all the negativity he gets.
Is he a great QB, No. Check
Is he a hell of a lot better than most? Check
As the team QB is he subject to more criticism that other players? Huge Check.

It frustrates a lot of fans that they don't see a lot of improvement between last year's Will and this year's Will. The lack of growth on his part really puts the brakes on the MSU football train trying to get to that magic 10 win season. Maybe he will find the IT factor his senior year but I'm afraid what you see is what you get.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login