That's the cleanest Egg Bowl I can ever remember...

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
There was only one personal foul that I can remember, and that was a very weak one on us. I don't know if that's good or bad honestly. I do think it's an indication that neither coach is that invested in that particular game. Again, good or bad I don't know. I'll flat out take it tonight!

Oct 7, 2022
There was only one personal foul that I can remember, and that was a very weak one on us. I don't know if that's good or bad honestly. I do think it's an indication that neither coach is that invested in that particular game. Again, good or bad I don't know. I'll flat out take it tonight!
Searching my memory bank…….true. As far as want to whip your *** fight flags are concerned.

Refs let em play. If not, they could’ve called their OL for mugging(tip o the cap to Mr Jack) on every other play.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
The refs did let them play, which I thought was dangerous for this game. But no real altercations

Still, the game did not disappoint for drama. The crazy things that happen when these teams get together are unbelievable.

Reactions: DocHolliday.sixpack

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think a lot of that stuff got toned down when Leach & Kiffin arrived. This is just another game to them. And neither is a dirty coach, like a few former Reb coaches I could name.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I think a lot of that stuff got toned down when Leach & Kiffin arrived. This is just another game to them. And neither is a dirty coach, like a few former Reb coaches I could name.
The reason the game was so “toxic” for a few years was because of Matt Luke. He hated State from playing at OM and I think actively coached the team to play dirty. He coached in three Egg Bowls. In the first they broke Fitz’s ankle and got numerous personal foul penalties, the second they started a brawl and in the third they had Moore fake peeing in the end zone. All that stuff is frankly embarrassing for the game so I’m glad it has been cut out. You can play tough hard football against your rival without all that nonsense.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The reason the game was so “toxic” for a few years was because of Matt Luke. He hated State from playing at OM and I think actively coached the team to play dirty. He coached in three Egg Bowls. In the first they broke Fitz’s ankle and got numerous personal foul penalties, the second they started a brawl and in the third they had Moore fake peeing in the end zone. All that stuff is frankly embarrassing for the game so I’m glad it has been cut out. You can play tough hard football against your rival without all that nonsense.
It started before Luke. Billy Brewer. Hugh Freeze we’re just as bad as he was.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login